RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
TomiJoseph
Becky but you can call me Tom if you like :)

I am currently:
Going on a summer trip to NC, and I don't know whether I'm more excited or nervous

I live in Florida and my boyfriend J lives in North Carolina and we've never met in person, but this summer I hope to change that. My dad's friend offered to let me stay with her family for two weeks this summer and I'd almost certainly be able to see J then.

I am beyond excited. This is the thing I am most looking forward to in the foreseeable future, but I am also extremely nervous.

I have kinda severe social anxiety and being away from everywhere I know is scary. On top of this, I am so ****ing nervous about seeing J in person. I worry that I'll disappoint him, that I won't be as funny, smart, pretty, or captivating as he expects me to be. I feel like I can't be good enough and the only reason he hasn't figured that out yet is cuz he's never been around me in person.

He has been my main support system, my hope and faith, the only person who can talk me through the panic, through the cravings, through my delusions. He is the only one who can help me keep a hold on reality when I'm really ****ed. The fear that I can't possibly deserve him is making me so nervous to see him. I shouldn't be afraid to see the person I love the most in the world, next to my father, but I can't bear the thought of him thinking less of me.

I don't know how to stop thinking like this and how to minimize the fear of being in a new place without my family or friends to help me.

Is this normal? Is there anything I could do to help?

Let's make a thousand mistakes. We'll never learn..

Meine Haut ist mir zu eng, ich kann nicht atmen.
Meine Venen liegen offen. Langsam wird mir klar
Die Hölle ist so nah...

TomiJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I think a certain amount of nerves in a situation like this is to be expected. I rrally hope it goes well

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
crazykat
Fight for another day

It is normal to be scared. This is a new situation and meeting people for the first time in person can be really scary. I felt the same way when I first met my boyfriend but it turned out better than fine. I am sure J will feel the same way about you. Take a few deep breaths lovely, you can do this

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
TomiJoseph

I am currently:

Thank you guys for your support and encouragement :) It really means a lot. I'm still nervous, but I'm not freaking out about it like I was before.

Die Hölle ist so nah...

Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
mat
it never ends.

People I think get genraly nervous about he 'unfamiliar'. But that's where people put on their big boy/girl pants and do it. When you do it, hopefully its not as bad as what u conjured up in ur head. And just quit thinking negative. If he wantsto see you.... what negative things your thinking he may just be thinking about himself. So chill the **** out n just let it happen, you want it right?

Plus north carolina rules. One of my favorite places.

mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
TomiJoseph

I am currently:

Lol, hell yeah I want it :P You're right though, I just need to stop fooking ruminating on ****.

And glad you approve of the state :) I'm gonna have a great time there no matter what happens

Die Hölle ist so nah...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)