RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #381
chesterlily88

I am currently:

Thanks, I didn't know that...I'll try to get to my piercer as soon as I can, hopefully in the next week.

So does that mean I'll never be able to wear a ring or that I should just wear a bar for a while and wait until everything has been healed for a long time?

Also...in order to soak it with warm salt water, would I just soak a washcloth with the water and hold it on my face? Probably a dumb question, but I just thought I'd ask.

chesterlily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #382
FlightlessBird
Save me from the nothing I've become

I am currently:

Once it's fully healed you can use a ring, but it's generally a better idea to use a bar since it's harder to knock around and eyebrow piercings can be fickle. When I had my eyebrow pierced I actually mixed sea salt and water in a shot glass, held it to my piercing, and tipped my head back (all done in the shower) to let it soak that way. You can also use gauze soaked in the sea salt solution, but washcloths can harbor bacteria so I wouldn't use one.

I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me.
You'll need a symphony to give sympathy to the girl with the worst luck in town.
When I care, it curls me up on the floor and I swear I can't do it anymore.

FlightlessBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #383
chesterlily88

I am currently:

It was fully healed (I mean according to time and the way it looked)...or so I thought. Oh well, I'm using one of those mouth rinse cups (similar to a shot glass in shape) and the swelling has been going down. It looks a lot better now. I think I'll keep doing that, unless it gets worse for whatever reason, then I switch back to a bar.

chesterlily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #384
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I have a scaffold piercing in my left eat. The bottom is healed well and has not been an issue. The top one started out a bit funky, but I kept it clean and such and it got better. Only now it's started really hunting. It's red and inflamed but has no puss of bleeding or any discharge. I've been keeping it clean as before but it's not stopping hurting.

Any ideas as to why? The hole seems fine it's just the pain and slight swelling that is an issue.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #385
Emmabob.

I am currently:

had belly pierced for just short of 3yr. how long [roughly?] could i leave it out before it starts healing over?

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #386
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

I need ideas to help me stop biting my lipring.

Its wearing a gap between my 3 left and teeth. (where i play with my lipring, and bite it. Its making me have gaps.)

Any ideas?

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #387
MintSpaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
I have a scaffold piercing in my left eat. The bottom is healed well and has not been an issue. The top one started out a bit funky, but I kept it clean and such and it got better. Only now it's started really hunting. It's red and inflamed but has no puss of bleeding or any discharge. I've been keeping it clean as before but it's not stopping hurting.

Any ideas as to why? The hole seems fine it's just the pain and slight swelling that is an issue.
Not gonna want to hear this but could it be rejecting?

(I'm assuming you're talking about the horizontal type, we generally call those Industrial piercings in the US. Though I suppose information would still be relevant if it's vertical)

If theres not enough cartilage, or the bar is pushing on how your ear's shaped, it could push out regardless of how well it's kept.

I'm not ready for anything.

MintSpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #388
FlightlessBird
Save me from the nothing I've become

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabble. View Post
I need ideas to help me stop biting my lipring.

Its wearing a gap between my 3 left and teeth. (where i play with my lipring, and bite it. Its making me have gaps.)

Any ideas?

x
Stop wearing a ring? Have you tried a stud?

I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me.
You'll need a symphony to give sympathy to the girl with the worst luck in town.
When I care, it curls me up on the floor and I swear I can't do it anymore.

FlightlessBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #389
justapuppetonastring

I am currently:

Just wanted to add if using salt soaks used cool boiled water and only a little salt as too much salt can actually burn the piercing and skin around it.

And Chesterlilly you sound as though you would really benefit from having a bar in it, not sure if I missed it but how Long has it been pierced? A new eyebrow piecing should always be a bar until properly healed.

And if your thoughts should turn to death, you gotta stub them out like a cigarette..

justapuppetonastring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #390
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

A teaspoon of sea salt in a mug of boiling water is the correct ratio. The boiling water has to be left to cool naturally and not have anything added (such as ice or cold water) to quicken the cooling as this is just un-sterilizing it which is not good.
Just to confirm.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #391
justapuppetonastring

I am currently:

^Spot on. =)

And if your thoughts should turn to death, you gotta stub them out like a cigarette..

justapuppetonastring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #392
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I used to religiously read BME for fun. I am quite partial to body modification so tend to be the first to say "YOU ARE WRONG! Do it like this." Just because if it goes wrong, it can mean very very bad things...

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 29-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #393
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintSpaghetti View Post
Not gonna want to hear this but could it be rejecting?

(I'm assuming you're talking about the horizontal type, we generally call those Industrial piercings in the US. Though I suppose information would still be relevant if it's vertical)

If theres not enough cartilage, or the bar is pushing on how your ear's shaped, it could push out regardless of how well it's kept.
This is indeed what happened. I have small ears and it was pierced thought the very edge of the cartilage and it pushed out. Like, I had a < shaped hole. Didn't hurt a bit though!

So I took it out. And now I have a double helix in that ear and a surface piercing (two balls) next to my tragus

Old 29-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #394
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Also, any advice on changing the balls on my surface piercing. I can't get them to undo (though i shouldn't yet anyway as it's new).

Old 29-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #395
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Try getting hold of some latex gloves. They give you more grip so you might be able to get it undone with them.

That is a point. All this talk of rejection reminds me. I think my Micro Dermal is rejecting towards the top. It's way over a year old so no biggie but I do really need to go to my piercer at some point this week. It will have to be either Monday or Tuesday... (Ponders.)

Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #396
sophrose89

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post
A teaspoon of sea salt in a mug of boiling water is the correct ratio. The boiling water has to be left to cool naturally and not have anything added (such as ice or cold water) to quicken the cooling as this is just un-sterilizing it which is not good.
Just to confirm.
You might have read BME extensively , but that is definitely not correct.
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to 250ml (1 cup) boiled water. Adding a teaspoon would dry your skin out and irritate your piercing a ridiculous amount! Whilst the information on here is better than some elsewhere, it's not all correct. Promoting tea tree for healing etc. Tea tree oil should only be used on HEALED piercings;it can irritate piercings and cause more aggro to the piercing whilst healing. For hypertrophic scars, chamomile teabag compresses are good, of fucidin cream as a very last resort. Normally however, correct jewellery and cleaning will mean they'll go away on their own.

All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream.

sophrose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #397
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I take teaspoon to mean level teaspoon which I guess is the same as 1/4 of a heaped teaspoon.

Old 13-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #398
sophrose89

I am currently:

Well, to clarify, it's 1/4 of a level teaspoon :).

All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream.

sophrose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #399
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Whatever.

Old 14-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #400
Emmabob.

I am currently:

I really really want my tongue piercing, but due surgery (hopefully) before the end of the year. how long can u leave the bar out after the initial healing stage?

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)