RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
Struggling with Champix side effects and life....

Hey guys, its been a while.

Thing have been crazy over the past year. I have finished university and due to graduate next week with a 2:1, frustratingly my January exams let me down for a 1st but I am really pleased with a 2:1.

I am busy job hunting although I am still working at my bar job (which I hate). I am really conscious of money as I have taken over bills at my house - my parents and animals moved to emigrated to America last week :( so I am home alone. But my job is zero hour and minimum wage so I don't know what I will be working from one week to the next.

I have recently made a conscious effort to save money by changing my lifestyle, including quitting diet coke and red bull. These had been my crutch for 10 years which started when I developed my eating disorder but I have not had either for nearly 8 weeks.

I also decided to quit smoking and was prescribed Champix by the quit smoking nurse as NRT didn't work for me before. I have been taking them for just over a week and on day 3 of no smoking, I haven't even wanted one which is great. The problem is - I feel horrendous, physically and emotionally.

I am having vivid and horrid dreams which leave me feeling tired in the mornings and the last two days I have had 2/3hour naps during the day. They give me the sweats, light sensitivity, a head ache and im really forgetful and cant concentrate for long periods. I also have severe nausea after I have taken them.

My friend also was worried the other day, saying I was subdued and not myself but I think its just where I am tired and feeling ill. Obviously I also miss my parents and animals and worrying about money but I think this would be better if it wasn't for these side effects.

I don't know whether to stop taking them or to wait until I see the nurse again on Monday. The pills have been great as I haven't wanted a cigarette but I don't know if I should or can continue feeling like this.

Anyone had any experience of these tablets or have any advice?

many thanks

xxx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

It sounds like you have made lots of positive changes in your life, so well done for that!

Those side effects do sound pretty bad =S Were you given an information leaflet with the Champix that you could read to see if these are common side effects and if it recommends doing anything about those side effects. Has it got any better or worse since you posted?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #3
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

I have made an appointment to go on Champix. I've heard some people getting affected really badly by it but I guess it can be different for people.
I would wait until you see the nurse and she might take you off them.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)