RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #61
silentgirl

I am currently:
something i wrote today thought id share it here cos of all the christians....

God Above, God Most High,
Sends a light down to my heart,
Be it broken, be it whole,
It doesn’t matter, cause of my soul.
Shared my love of Jesus with others,
That all Christians are my sisters and brothers,
As the scriptures say, follow god all day.
The Walk of Christianity is the right way.
One way to the father and that is Christ.
A book of praises, a book that gives advice,
Whether you are miserable, happy or being nice,
The bible is what id call the Christian spice.
Music is grand, Hillsong is my favourite band,
Favourite poem is Footprints in the Sand,
Cause Jesus DOES walk with me everywhere on this land.

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #62
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Does anyone believe in this? Or at least know the Miraculous Medal of St. Catherine (Zoe) Laboure? I have very strong faith in the Medal and I wear it and it saved my life twice in the past four years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svetinja.jpg (13.7 KB, 55 views)

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 01:58 AM   #63
Artychik
Tired and Confused

I am currently:

how did it save your life?

xxx
--------------------

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 03:39 AM   #64
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

meep. so im off to uni in just over 11 days (like 11 days and 2 hours..) and im terrified of being on my own.. so prayers are majorly appreciated ><

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #65
risenfromperdition

Footprints Poem
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
was then that I Carried You."

:)

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 20-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #66
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artychik View Post
how did it save your life?
When I was very suicidal (about two years ago), I kept praying to Our Mother and I held the Medal in my hands and I believe it was the Medal and the help of Her that saved my life and took my urges and suicidality (sp?) away. The Medal was given to me for my sixteenth birthday by a very good friend of mine and he also blessed it (he was a priest) and for me it is the most precious thing in the world. Right now I am considering giving it to my best friend who is also a cutter and needs it more than I do. But it's hard cause I am very attached to it... But I feel that's what I need to do.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 20-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #67
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Just try not to put too much faith in the object itself, because that could be considered idolatry.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #68
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

Not for me as a Catholic. :D It has the Pope's permission and everything and the Miracles of Catherine Laboure are widely known and acknowledged. I was just wondering.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 22-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #69
Curly

I am currently:

I know i don't post her much (well i don't think ever really, but i read it all a lot) but i was wondering if anyone knew any good christian bands? I like things like Linkin Park, the old Good Charlotte, Goo Goo Dolls, Pink and I like Casting Crowns if anyone has heard of them. I don't know if this is meant to go on reviews and recommendations, but i thought you guys would have some good answers.

When one door of happiness closes another one opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #70
whispers

I am currently:

Umm, personally, I think Casting Crowns are brilliant :). Also, Delirious?, Newsboys, Kutless. I like them. But they're fairly popular, pretty standard suggestions. I'm sure someone will be more useful :)

whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #71
risenfromperdition

*goes to search my fb*
=p

ok:
stellar kart, casting crowns, lindsey kane, kelly clarkson, mercy me, switchfoot, reliant k, barlow girl, superchick, kutless, mark schultz, falling up, pillar, building 429, michael w smith, newsboys, nichole nordeman, skillet, the fray, third day, warren barfield, zoe girl, david crowder band, starfield, planet shakers, matthew west, mat kearney, chris rice
and thats just a sampling lol.

i'll go thru my ipod tomorrow =p
it needs to charge lol
and ignore the linking, copied off my f/b sooo yeh

Old 26-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #72
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Hey! I am Christian but my faith has been becoming weaker recently, earlier i started reading my bible again and there were some sections that really helped me so i thought i would put them here in the hopes that they will help others too.

2 Corinthians 4:8,9
8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Psalm 9:9,10
9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

2 Corinthians 12:9,10
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Luke 17:3,4

3So watch yourselves.
"If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him."

Last edited by Absi : 26-08-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Bad spacing

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #73
Crimsia Wristio

I am currently:

hi, i have been a christan since...ooo....2 weeks ago!
i have self harmed for a while. but despite that, god still loves me, i live for him. other then the SI god has turned my life around.
I used to be addicted to ecstacy, he helped me with that.
God is fantastic.

Crimsia Wristio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #74
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I know i don't post her much (well i don't think ever really, but i read it all a lot) but i was wondering if anyone knew any good christian bands? I like things like Linkin Park, the old Good Charlotte, Goo Goo Dolls, Pink and I like Casting Crowns if anyone has heard of them. I don't know if this is meant to go on reviews and recommendations, but i thought you guys would have some good answers.
Desperation Band, Chris Tomlin, Reliant K, Hawk Nelson, Mercy Me, Shawn McDonald, Shane & Shane, Flyleaf, David Crowder Band, This Providence, Third Day... and the greatest singer to ever live... Denbigh Cherry! [see http://www.denbighcherry.com , & you can get him on iTunes]

Yeah, I'm gonna go start a Christian music thread in R&R so everybody post there!

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #75
Porphy
The Rain Set Early In Tonight

Location: The 'official' Middle-of-Nowhere! Namely, a tiny little village in the South-West.
I am currently:

I went to Soul Survivor week A. And on the last night me and a friend went to late night worship, prayer and intercession. I was cuddling this cushion we carried about to sit on instead of the floor. And a woman I had no idea who was came up and told me that the way I was cuddling that cushion is the same as the way God holds me through everyday and every hour.

I just thought I'd share.

Porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #76
Katey-lou
struggling to hold on

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphy View Post
I went to Soul Survivor week A. And on the last night me and a friend went to late night worship, prayer and intercession. I was cuddling this cushion we carried about to sit on instead of the floor. And a woman I had no idea who was came up and told me that the way I was cuddling that cushion is the same as the way God holds me through everyday and every hour.

I just thought I'd share.
thats really good. i tend to end up standing chocked after thats happend to me. i remebr at church i wasnt feeling to good and was just sort of sat there after the service and a lady whose first time it was to that church came and sat next to me and gave me a big hug (which is what i really wanted from anyone i just dnt like asking) told me that God loves me and doesnt want me to hurt. she said she felt she just needed to come and give me a hug. its amazing how God works sometimes

Theres a little truth behing every just kidding,
A little curiosity behind every just wondering,
A little knowledge behind every i dont know.
And a little emotion behind every i dont care.

Katey-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #77
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

God is good!

Read The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. It is harrowing in places but it is a true story and showed me how good and powerful God is.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 28-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #78
Silent Tears

I am currently:

Hey,

This has probably been covered...sorry

But well this may sound dumb, but when I cut, I feel so bad, it says in the bible that out body is a temple, yet when I injure myself or something, I feel like a failure, I feel bad for doing so. Feel that it will anger God. When I injure, I can't think of God as I feel too embarrassed, thats terrible I know. As soon as it's happened, I have to ask for forgiveness for myself, feel pretty bad about it. Am really struggling with things at the moment, and although I haven't hurt for a few months, the thoughts are there, and it is getting harder not to do it.

Sorry, just wondered if anyone else feels this way.
Sorry

Silent Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #79
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

How you are feeling is understandable and it isn't terrible. And God forgives us, when we ask for forgiveness.

A few months is really good, try and stay strong.

I will pray that you can.

If you ever need anything PM me.

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 29-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #80
Silent Tears

I am currently:

Thank you for your kind words...i messed up my few months

Thank you...same goes to you...anything you want to talk....PM me, I may be able to give some advice or something

HUG

Silent Tears is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)