RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
ShinyPanda
ShinyPanda

I am currently:
Dissociative and triggered. Completely confused, help! *TRIGGERING SI*

I haven't asked for help in a long time.
I'm 26, mum, I have aspergers, and havr only cut 3-4 times in the last few years (started 14 years ago, it's been a long path)
I'm a chronic pain sufferer and after a really hard emotional day, I'm completely dissociative. Can't think about anything but cutting. My partner had just overloaded me with a ton of emotional stuff and my best friend has just told me he's in love with me.
I'm trying to care about it; work out the landmines around it I'll have to navigate, but I can't focus on anything but cutting. I am only able to resist because I know how my gf will react, and that she will need a lot of emotional support, and I just can't cope with it right now.
How do I bring myself back? Healthily deal with this? I can't even concentrate on anything but taking care of my son.
Any support or words of advice/encouragement would be really appreciated right now, I'm really struggling.
Thanks guys

From Queer as folk. Ted convincing Emmet that he isn't a freak.

"God created you in His image. At least that's what I was always taught. And since God is love and God doesn't make mistakes, then you must be exactly the way he wants you to be, the way he intended you to be. And that goes for every person, every planet, every mountain, every grain of sand, every song, every tear, and every faggot. We're all His, Emmett. And he loves us all."

ShinyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

Panda, I've read youngest about 3 times trying to think of helpful or supportive words
I wanna support you, but my head isn't in a great place. But I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, and that someone had read your post. I know vets isn't always the quickest place to get responses, and that can sometimes be disheartening
Do you see a Therapist? They might be able to offer skills. The only thing I can offer as advice on that I sometimes find that I can recenter myself to reality by snapping a hair band on my wrist. Thermally harmless sting is sometimes enough to put my brain back into gear.
Thinking of you

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)