RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
blessedwith4

Contains bullying - Social bully at church towards my daughter

Hi! We are members of a wonderful church. Our youngest child, aged 7, has become the target of a social bully. There are many things I could post to give you ideas, but mostly, it is ignoring, exclusion from the other girls (the other girls all tend to follow this girl), she is mean and very discreet with how she works but I notice because I know to watch for it. We went on a field trip the other day with church members and my daughter was walking with a group of the girls (however, they were NOT talking to her at all)...she just followed them through a corn maze. I was behind them, and noted this bully run up to my daughter and hand her the things she was carrying " because she didn't want to carry it"...she will walk between my daughter and another girl if they are standing beside each other and turn her back to my daughter...VERY purposeful to exclude her. She would not slide over for the hayride to give my daughter room to sit down (there was PLENTY of room but she kept telling her THERE ISN"T ENOUGH ROOM!) I saw it and approached the girl and told her to scoot over! I have seen her take my daughter's one friend at church away from my daughter and leave her standing alone. (This one friend is a God-send! But she is accepted by "the group" and will run off with them a lot leaving our daughter by herself.) I could go on and on, and so far our daughter has handled it very well. She has come home crying twice before wondering WHY she is excluded all the time WHY they don't even talk to her WHAT has she done. This bully is very careful to cover herself, but she is just downright MEAN. And again, there are MANY other things I could share....no time right now. Any suggestions based on what I have shared so far? Thank you so much!!!

blessedwith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there.

Welcome to RYL.

That sounds like a really tough thing for both you and your daughter to be going through. Could you maybe speak to this girl/her parents about the things she seems to be doing? Or perhaps whoever runs the group in the church?

It sounds like you're doing what you can for your daughter when you're in a situation that you see any issues.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)