RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-02-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
Feeling_helpless

I am currently:
Help for a friend??

My friend is having problems with drugs. He is convinced everyone that's trying to help him is against him. Everything you say that could help his situation he has a reason why it wont work. It's not even something that a conversation couldn't fix. He is so far in paranoia he thinks everyone is against him. Sometimes I think he could go off in a violent rage. He isn't ready to see it yet. Any advice on what to say when it's more of a rant then really asking for help.

Feeling_helpless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Horizon

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear that your friend is struggling way.
Does he have any professional support in his life?
It sounds like your friend is not ready to hear possible solutions to whatever his situation is, and I know how frustrating that can feel.
If he is violent or has made violent statements toward you or others, please put your physical safety first and inform the right people.

If he is not asking for help and seems resistant, then I would just engage in active listening. However, it's perfectly reasonable to set boundaries on how much you are willing to listen to him rant.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
Feeling_helpless

I am currently:

He is not seeking help of any kind. He hasn't been violent towards me. He just gets really worked up. I'm going to continue listening and help when i can. Like last night he asked for a ride home from his dealers and I said no because I don't have insurance on car right now. Don't want to get in trouble with the law. I have kids I'm not going to jail because he wants to get in my car with drugs. He got upset. They have a car to bring him home. He doesn't even think about the risk for us. He has always been a good friend till now and even now he helps when he can. Don't want to lose friendship just want him to not mess up his life.

Feeling_helpless is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)