RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Britt2012

I am currently:
Has this happened to anyone?

My parents told me I cant be friends with.my bestfriend of four years all because she SH.. which is really stupid because I do/ used to all the time. But still, If i continue talking to her i won thave a phone for another year. And this is a girl id jump in front of a train for. I love her, and im honestly torn it two and heart broken. <|3 my parents arent making this any easier and i hate it.:/
oh and another thing, for the ones who SH on their wrists and wear bracelets to cover it up, my mom told me im not allowed to wear bracelets anymore and they are all like a oart of me. Not just to cover up my SH, but they all have meanings an dmemories and i like wearing them, its my trademark. I havent been wearing all of them because she said I cant but i was wearing THREE bracelets. You could see every inch of my wrist just fine, they weerent hiding **** and she made me take them off. Like really? I wanted to scream. She pisses me off to the max.

Sometimes perfection means being a little messed up.~

Britt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
musicmad123
my invisible cat thinks you're weird...

I am currently:

Oh that sounds like a really difficult situation! have you had a chance to properly sit down with your parents and talk about it? Would you parents talk to your friend's parents about this?
Obviously if she's your best friend you're not going to just cut it off with her. You could ask your parents what you could do to ease their minds that she isn't influcening you to self harm...just go along with the no braclets rule if it makes them chill a bit? being able to see your friend is the most important thing

Let the Force be with you
I'm not short, I'm space efficient

musicmad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Britt2012

I am currently:

I've troed to talk to them and they don't care.. I can't change their minds:(

Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
musicmad123

I am currently:

could your friend's parents talk to them?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #5
Britt2012

I am currently:

My friends dad passed away a few years ago and her mom cant have custody of her, she lives with her grandparents, who quite frankly hate me.. so I think its out of the question. I dont know, Im just trying to cope without her because theres really no way out.. but honestly this is worse then a break up.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
bugg

I am currently:

wow thats just like whats happening to me. i can relate so much. i have been freinds with my best freind for over 10 yrs. she is my sister i would do ANYTHING for her without thinking twice about it, and just because we are both suicidle and cutters all of a suddon"were giving eachother ideas and im a bad influence because i have been SI for 3 yrs longer than she has'' so we arnt aloud to speak.( although we never shared our ideas) but it does get a lil easier not much but i tiny to get over not seeing her. it has been over 11 weeks now sence iv seen her. and it is still very difficult to wake up and remember that i cant pick up the phone and call or text her like normal.
if you need someone to talkk to you can PM me and ill be glad to talk.

bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
xMakeSomeNoisex
I quite enjoy my insanity, thank you very much.

I am currently:

Parents can be crazy like that sometimes. When I was 14 my best friend was also a self harmer and when our parents found out they freaked and my mother was convinced that the reason I started self harming was because of her (it wasn't of course because I had started before I even met my best friend). Our parents refused to let us hang out anymore even though we tried to explain it to them. We would sneak out and hang out sometimes but after awhile sadly our friendship just fell apart because we couldn't see each other and if our parents found out we would have been grounded.

Honestly it took my mom years to finally understand that self harming was my decision and that she doesn't get to choose my friends for me.

My mom also refused to let me wear long sleeves, arm warmers, black clothes, and black nail polish because she was convinced they somehow made you cut or lead to self harm. (My mom never fully understood until many years later when I was 19 about my self harm.)

The thing is parents don't understand self harm and are sadly misinformed by the media. So they have no idea how to handle the situation.

The only thing I can recommend is maybe getting a doctor or therapist to talk to your parents about it and help them understand.

“What if I'm so broken I can never do something as
basic as feed myself? Do you realize how twisted
that is? It amazes me sometimes that humans still
exist. We're just animals, after all. And how can an
animal get so removed from nature that it loses the
instinct to keep itself alive?”

xMakeSomeNoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Britt2012

I am currently:

Bugg; My moms convinced that shes the reason I started when in all honesty shes not. Although she does it too. And i miss her like crazy.;/ my partner in crime. My sister. My bestfriend. And shes just gone. And i hate it.

Makesomenoisex; i wish my mom would atleast take a little time to understand. I dont care if its just ten minutes. Those bracelets are a part of me and i hate not wearing them. Id gladly take them off everyday for her to check my wrist if it meant i could wear them. They all have meanings to me. And shes just destroying my happiness, what little i have, znd making me want to SH more. Shes just, ughvdgdhdhdjjd. Cant describe it. My therapist i go to suggested my mom coming into my next session on monday to talk, but i doubt its going to do anything because my mom gets mad when i ask if shed come with me that week to talk, an dthen i get screamed at and in trouble or grounded.:/

Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
bluedusteyes
'Courage is endurance for one moment more.'

I am currently:

I think you should pursue your friendship, seeing as how much it means to the both of you. You'll eventually get your phone...lost friendships can be regretted forever.

Can you wear your bracelets on your ankles?

bluedusteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
musicmad123

I am currently:

well i'd definetly do all you can to get your mum to the therapist with you, it might not help but you never know

Old 13-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #11
Ryssa

I am currently:

I have never been in a situation like this (my best friend doesn't know) but I understand that parents trying to end friendships hurts. If your parents won't talk to you about it, try writing a letter? Or tell them that you need to say something, and ask them not to interrupt until you're done.

Ryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #12
Britt2012

I am currently:

I cant wear my bracelets anywhere because shell think im hiding something. And i think i might try talking to them again about this friendship thing. Plus my moms coming to therapy with me monday, i hope she listens then..

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)