RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
I have nothing to live for

My pip assessment was done in November as it was due to run out in July this year. I have had the results this morning. Big fat zero points on both daily living and mobility. Nothing has changed since I was awarded pip except for my financial situation. How can they say that someone who was awarded enhanced daily living deserves nothing?

But the biggest problem is that I cannot afford to live. I cannot pay the bills. I am losing my kitties because I can not afford to keep them. Sometimes they are the only thing that keeps me going. I just don't know how I am going to survive. I cannot see any reason why to keep going now that I am losing everything.

But the biggest problem is that they say that I have been overpaid and that they want their money back. I can't see how I have been as I haven't claimed anything that I am not entitled to.

I have phoned my cpn who says that she will get in touch with welfare rights. So she is aware of the situation.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
Soft Kitty

I know it must be so hard right now but don't despair just yet. There may have been a mistake and lots of people get assessed as not needing PIP then reassessments show that they do. It's come as a shock so give yourself some time, wait until you can see your CPN and take good care of yourself in the meantime, maybe a soothing bath or film or whatever else you find helpful.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks Soft Kitty. I haven't hurt myself yet though I desperately want to. I have to see how much money I have to live on before making drastic decisions.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 11-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
nonperson

I am currently:

Stay safe, Dawn. You don't know what will happen yet so try not to panic or do anything on impulse.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks nonperson.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:51 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Do they give any feedback or reasoning on their decision?

I hope that welfare rights can help you out and sort out the alleged overpayment situation and if it isn't a mistake, sort out a manageable repayment plan.

I'm not super-familiar with the welfare system, but will you be able to apply for different benefits such as housing benefit, jobseekers' allowance etc?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #7
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Jenna basically it said a load of lies including the fact that I don't need any help with medication. I am on a depot ffs which my nurse has to give to me. If that isn't help then other than having a carer to administer tablets I don't know what is!

I am still getting my esa which means that I am entitled to housing benefit (pip is a benefit which is for extra costs for being disabled which is paid in addition to esa). But because my pip entitled me to an disability premium it means that I will get less money. Which isn't enough to pay the bills never mind if I have to pay any money back. The only way I can afford is to basically not live. I face the very real possibility of losing my kitties which are the reason I keep going sometimes and why I have my depot.

Old 12-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #8
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Is your CPN supporting you for mandatory reconsideration?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:09 AM   #9
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Yes she is. But the problem is that she is going on maternity leave at the end of the month so I won't have her support for long.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Oh yeah, I was being dozy and muddling PIP with ESA, sorry.

Am I correct in thinking that at least hypothetically it should be possible to live off just ESA and housing benefit? Perhaps you could work with your CPN's replacement on budgeting and ways to save money so that you feel more confident managing without PIP. I'm not sure exactly what your disability-related extra costs are that you were previously using PIP for, but I wonder if other services or charities might be able to help with those things.

I know this feels huge and the extra burden of this overpayment business is incredibly daunting, but I'm confident that you'll be able to get through this and adapt to the change without having to lose your cats.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:28 AM   #11
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I was using the extra money to help pay bills hence why I am fucked. I use tons of water and electricity due to incontinence issues. I don't get enough money to afford everything. I will end up using food banks at this rate. My kitties are the biggest expense hence I could just about survive if I didn't have them. I have no direct debits that I can cancel except for one which is only £2.50 a month. But it hurts me the thought of losing them. I am just about surviving with my disability premium on top of esa but I am losing it due to lack of pip. I can't see any way out of survival except for being dead.

Old 13-01-2019, 02:58 AM   #12
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Just done a tally out my outgoings excluding food (Well the ones I can think of anyway I have to check my bank statement to find out exactly what they are) and things don't seem as bad as I thought. Just as long as I don't get under £300 a fortnight then I should be ok as long as I am careful. A couple I had to guesstimate because I don't know how much it is exactly and my bt bill varies as it depends on how much I use it a month. But the point is things don't seem as bleak as when I first posted. Hopefully I will be able to keep my kitties

Thanks to everyone who has replied and/or given hugs. I am still struggling with thoughts to harm myself though if I am honest.

Old 13-01-2019, 05:07 AM   #13
Auror.
Camden

I'm glad things seem slightly less bleak. I hope you can sort something and stay safe.

So, I don't know if this is a thing where you live because it might be quite local to where I live. But here we have pet food banks and ways you can apply for assistance with vet expenses so that you can keep your pets, since it's generally better for shelters to not have more pets coming in. It might be worth looking into to see if that is an option where you live, even if things do end up okay as it might still help you save some money?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #14
Iamcatbug
Cat

Have you looked into the reduced water rates that some water companies offer for certain medical conditions?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #15
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Camden the only thing we have is an rspca clinic which won't touch two of my cats because they are insured. Even if I were able to cancel the insurance they make you pat for everything. For example my friend's cat needed a dental and even with the rspca scheme it cost her £400. At least with insurance I only have to pay the excess which actually is cheaper than paying the full cost of any operation. Plus because they came from a charity it means that I am covered for life whereas if I stopped and restarted a policy it means that I would lose that right as cover would stop once they reached the age of 12. So not paying isn't an option. The pdsa stopped their free vet scheme over a year ago so unless you live within a catchment area of an hospital, which I don't, they won't help.

Iamacatbug I have looked but been as I don't have an official diagnosed condition other than my mh I don't qualify since they need a doctor's letter. Also they require you to be on pip which is the problem!

Old 14-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #16
Iamcatbug
Cat

I’ve just looked online and apparently it’s not just pip anymore, it’s many different benefits.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #17
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I have looked at my water company's website and all that I can find is a scheme that requires a doctor's letter for incontinence unless you have 3 children living with you. Been as I don't have a doctor's letter since I have no official diagnosis of incontinence nor any children I can't apply. The only other qualifying conditions I don't have since they are physical illnesses such as kidney dialysis and the only official diagnosis is my mh.

Old 15-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #18
nonperson

I am currently:

Could you get properly diagnosed by your doctor?

Old 15-01-2019, 11:38 PM   #19
not_so_insig

I am currently:

That could take me months which I don't have. Besides they could turn around and tell me it's weight related of which there is no cure except to join weight watchers which I can't afford.

Old 16-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #20
nonperson

I am currently:

Well waiting some months would still be beneficial as you’d still get the discount eventually. Also Weight Watchers isn’t the only way to lose weight... There are plenty of free ways to do that!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)