RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:
Fluoxetine & Mirtazapine Cocktail...+ telling work...

So...today my doctor changed my meds to the above....20mg of Fluoxetine & 15mg Mirtazapine...I've been on both separately but not together, with manic/hyper side affects on the Fluoxetine & numb / slowness on the Mirtazapine. I guess the idea is to get a mix of the 2 - I'm happy to try it but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried the combination?

On a seperate note...as I was an hour late at my appointment - my boss asked why I was going to the doctor all the time - she said she had checked with HR if she could ask & they said she could. I like her, she's nice but I was absolutely mortified....it's the one thing I never wanted to happen....she asked all sorts of questions about what the team could do for me & if I needed occupational health & all kinds of stuff! She wanted to know if I wanted to her to inform HR - I said no...she doesn't have to so I'd rather not have anyone else know...

We ended the conversation with her asking if that's why I had lost my ability to drink 1L of JD & stay standing - I said probably :)

I guess my question is - now she knows - how much do I have to tell her regarding...stuff - obviously I'm not going to tell her about my past but treatments & stuff...

Ppftt...can't believe this is happening...

Last edited by Slip : 12-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.

I know its a wonderful world.

Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Stellata

Work need to know so that they can make reasonable adjustments if need be.

I've not been on mirtaz and fluox, but have been on mirtaz and efexor both at the same time, until I withdrew from the efexor. It did help a bit, but I totally didn't tolerate the efexor well at all.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

wish they didn't have to...it just makes me feel so retarded...

Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Stellata

Why? So many people have mental health issues, including very very intelligent people..

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

I know...I know....I can't help it, it's always made me feel little & small & ever so stupid for being like it.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
startingagain

You don't have to tell her anything, but she can refer to OH. They can request a medical report from your GP which you can agree to or not. You can read it before hand and ask for any changes. Intelligence and mental health are definitely not related. Stephen Fry is just one example if it helps.

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

Well I just need to do everything I can so she never suggests it!!!!
What's that saying - an organised mind is a powerful mind...need to make like I'va organised mind...no the mess I actually have....pft...
Everything sucks - I feel so disconnected from everything at the moment - I even tried talking to my friend today I haven't spoken to about this stuff in ages - but I couldn't do it....

Old 14-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
fakesmiler

I am currently:

I was on both fluoxetine and mirtazapine together for about 2 years, I found they worked well together- but had to come off them in the end as the mirtazapine was for my sleep and every 6-8 months I had it increased for it to carry on working- but as a combo there not bad a tall-

Also with work- I have the same thought- ive just got on to a PGCE and i told them on the health form that I suffered from mh issues in the past and had been on medication but didnt declare what meds im on now- nore the fact im still under treatment- so I completely understand why you wouldnt want to, but they seem to have taken it all well and been fine? and your boss seems totally ok with it- I had such a massive dilemma of if to say, I was most scared of them thinking I wasnt fit to teach if I was under MH treatment- so id say dont over think it now that your boss has been told and nothing has really changed for the negative, just see how it pans out xx

' Your always going to have the hurt, you may as well use it'
'Writing can be a way of righting any wrongs that have been done to you'
'Scars tell a story of where u have been, but they dont have to dictate where u are going'

Missing you always Princess Kay xx

fakesmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

thanks Hun. The Mirtazapine is just knocking me out at the moment - last time the flouexetine took about 7 days to start working - the side effects were hideous but hoping they won't be this time...

My boss has been awesome...my wife (an HR manager) said she would have had to tell HR - which annoys me because she said she won't...but as long I never have to know that Kevin or anyone else knows if you know what I mean....& my boss did make a comment about not putting any additional pressure on me - which I'm not sure she would have made if she hadn't known - but I know her reaction could have been massively worse I know that...

At the end of the day & if this what needs to happen I guess I have no choice...I just wish I didn't feel so far from okay..

Last edited by Slip : 16-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Old 16-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I hope that the side effects aren't too bad this time. I'm glad your boss has been good. Perhaps less pressure would be good at work?

What do you think makes it feel so far from okay?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

Less pressure would make me feel weak or seen as weak or something...I know how that sounds but it is how it is.

I don't know what makes me feel far from okay...it's weird...6 weeks ago I was terrified because the whole world was finding out stuff about me I didn't want them to know but now everyone knows & still nothing has changed...actually it's just the same as it always was...I am 'fine' in their eyes, I've stopped talking & they have stopped listening or maybe that should be looking...I am totally disconnected from the people I love whilst standing right beside them. They don't even notice...I guess it turns out its true, what I always believed - if you shut your mouth tight enough...that makes me sad.

Old 17-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Less pressure isn't weak though.

Is there anyone you think you could talk to? It sounds like you might have been disconnecting yourself from people a little bit. Sometimes it does help to open up to someone.

Old 17-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

feels it though....
No, no one....I've stopped therapy & my friends - I think they both think I'm talking to the other...I didn't plan it - I swear it....it just kinda worked out that way...

Old 18-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Yes, but it isn't.
Why did you stop therapy and withdraw from friends?
Maybe it would be good to try to make both up?

Old 19-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

Yeah but seeing things as they are...not my strong suit if I'm honest. I stopped therapy because I can't afford - maybe in 6 months or so I can look at going back...I have been in touch with an old counsellor by email but its not going so well.

I don't know why I've withdrawn from them - my guess is because I can't see that dragging them any further through this nightmare with me seems a little cruel & I want them not to know how much trouble I'm TRUELY in...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)