RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
suspendeddisconnect

Triggering (SI) - friends helping each other cut? *adult too*

What do you think about friends either giving each other blades/other cutting tools, cutting around each other, or even cutting each other (consensually)? I had a friend who did that with someone, and I always thought it was kinda strange. I couldn't make myself cut somebody else i don't think, and I wouldn't want to encourage somebody else to cut...

But... is it bad, since both of them are going to cut anyway, and everything is consensual? Some people don't think cutting is bad... so are they doing anything wrong??? (I am NOT endorsing cutting, just kinda questioning other people's ideas from a moral standpoint.) Or what about partners cutting each other/causing pain as a sexual thing? Is that any different? What about people who are "vampires" and bite each other/drink each other's blood? Anyway, just wondering, I've had a few friends who've done these things and I never understood it, but maybe somebody else has insights?

Old 03-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Wonderland.

That sounds so weird to me. I could never cut someone else. How are you supposed to get the feelings you get from it if you do it to someone else. It wouldn't be the same. And for me its a secretive private thing so i just can't get my head round that. Odd to me.

x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

I gave someone something (not a blade but can't say what) once that they would use to self harm. But it wasn't enabling them really, they'd been self harming for many years and were just curious to try this new method I'd discovered.

Cutting around people I find weird, like I can't cut in my partners house, I have before, but even if I'm in the shower and he's in his room it just feels sort of wrong.

For me cutting is a personal thing, I'd never want to cut someone else or have someone else cut me. I can have mutual understandng with people though, as in I'm not going to try stop them cutting and their not going to try stop me cutting and we don't hide when or where we've self-harmed, but that's just more being honest with each other.

The people who think they are vampires thing though, that just repulses me. It just sounds so wrong, like surely it's some kind of delusion to believe that you need to drink other's blood.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
darkmystikrose
*Just a BELLA looking for her EDWARD*

I am currently:

Pain, and infliction of wounds in a sexual manner is one thing. Its called S&M and there are ALOT of people who are really into it. The Vampiric biting is also a part of that. I am really into this and it is a compleatly diffrent feeling when done in a sexual setting and when done in a angery, upset, or depressed setting.

I wouldnt personally do this because my SI is very private and just for me, though I have had help cleaning and dressing the wounds later.

However if thats what they feel they want to do, adn its all consensual, I dont see a problem with it really. Sort of, whatever floats your boat...

"So what, your saying im your brand of heroin?"
"You are exactly my brand of heroin"
"So the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick masochistic Lion"
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow.Or two..."
"So exactly why did you decide to ruin Esme's pillows?"
"I dont know if I decided to anything last night, we're just lucky is was the pillows and not you"

darkmystikrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
For me cutting is a personal thing, I'd never want to cut someone else or have someone else cut me. I can have mutual understandng with people though, as in I'm not going to try stop them cutting and their not going to try stop me cutting and we don't hide when or where we've self-harmed, but that's just more being honest with each other.
Well said. I think it's a bit odd that you'd want another person to cut you. I dunno, I guess I just don't think that it'd have the same effect

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Stars

I am currently:

cutting to me is a very personal private thing as already mentioned. I could never cut anyone else either it just seems so wrong. I cut myself because it is a way of coping if someone else did it to me it wouldnt feel the same it would take the whole effect of cutting away.

Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Personally, I find it quite odd.

But, if it were the only thing keeping someone from suicide, I would probably make sure they were safe while doing it. In other words, helping them use clean tools and caring for the cut properly.

However.... I could never hurt someone like that or allow myself to have that happen.

I have been given a knife as a gift, but that wasn't at all to do with SI.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
Wonderful.
Pathetic.

I find this... disturbing. O_O

Self-harm is called self harm because it is personal and a private thing and to do, to me I find helping somebody else harm themselves is ridiculous.
Friends should help each other out, not do this rubbish to each other...
I wouldn't even tell a friend HOW I did it in fear they would try it.

Yeah. What if they cut each other too deep or something...? It is just crazy and I find it really scary to even think about.
Just my opinion, no offense meant. =]

~Beauty without intellence, is a materpiece painted on a napkin.~
Thank you for everything

Wonderful. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
snowflake

I am currently:

I find it quite odd too. Like other people have said, its something I do in secret and its a very personal thing. Even if it was consensual I couldn't cut someone else or let someone else cut me. I find the thought of cutting someone else horrible.

The whole vampire thing is very odd to me too and the way they feel the need to drink blood off people. I just think letting someone else drink your blood a very wierd and quite scary o.O

Last edited by snowflake : 20-12-2010 at 03:46 PM.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?
Just because you can't see the stars doesn't mean they aren't there

snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
Scabette

I am currently:

Pain and cutting as a consensual sexual thing, I think is completely OK.

But when you are cutting for the reasons of self-harm, to relieve unbearable emotion, then I don't understand how you could let anybody else into such a personal thing.
And I really could not cut somebody else for that reason. Imagine it, your friend saying, 'I feel really stressed, please cut me...' And then you do. It seems deeply immoral. Like, to cut somebody else or give them the means to do it is encouraging them to self harm.
I try and stop myself from cutting, so I would not help anybody else to do it. Yes, take care of them if they do cut, but really, I'd rather try and support them and find alternatives to s/h.

As for the vampire thing, it seems OK when people just do it because they get off on it. But when somebody truly believes that they need to drink the blood of others, then that seems more like a delusion in need of treatment.

Yeah, that was my rambling slightly odd 2 cents.

Blessed Be, x Pip

"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful that it happens in that order."

adopted by surprising mystery loves [prettyontheinside]
Small_Black_Flower is my sister

Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
suspendeddisconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Me Up. View Post
I find this... disturbing. O_O

Yeah. What if they cut each other too deep or something...? It is just crazy and I find it really scary to even think about.
Just my opinion, no offense meant. =]
my particular friends did cut each other WAY too deep... ended up like down to the bone. (and they really still didn't mind) I know part of it was the vampire thing... they also were into a lot of satanic stuff (the kind focusing on evil and rituals, not the athiest kind). They were also about 13-15, so I think maybe part of it might have been a "this is ok, our parents are abusing us, this is something we share" type thing. In the end though, it really damaged both of them.

As a sexual thing, I've heard a lot of opinions on it. I think if you're doing it safely, then maybe it's ok, since it is consensual. But like you said, there's always the risk of doing it too deep...

And I know the one time my friend decided to try cutting, and I knew I was the main one she heard it from, I felt bad. I wasn't like, oh here, you should do this. I had just mentioned it in regards to my hospitalizations, and I never thought she'd ever try it. So I can't imagine actually encouraging someone to do it.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
theity

I am currently:

I, personally, find the idea of bloodplay to be sexually exciting, although thinking it's arousing and actually doing it are two different things. That's not SI, though, that's a sexual practice/fetish, and I think it's fine between two consenting adults, so long as they're safe and clean about it. As for doing it too deep, this might sound mean, but that's just a risk you take. If you're going to let your sexual partner cut you, you just have to trust him or her enough to not worry about them seriously injuring you.

As for "vampires", that seems like it's a delusion or just people playing around. Either way, it seems pointless and unneccessarily dangerous...

theity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
TimesLikeThese

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm not comfortable with it. I mean, fair enough if others do it, but if someone did that to me I'd be like O_O"

I just don't see why you'd allow someone else to hurt you.

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #14
ashleighbean
smallboyonherbike.

I am currently:

okay like others have said cutting for me is something that is personal and a private thing i dont share with others...so i dont understand why people cut each other...that just disturbs me. i do believe that there are girls in my school that have at least done it together, maybe not to each other, but i no they did it together, bc the scars on their arms (which they dont hide) are the same and in the same spots...so yeah. i do believe its for attention but thats just me.
the whole vampire thing, that was actually on an episode of tyra....i wouldnt do it, but if they are being safe i guess why not.

Leave out all the Rest:
[Dreamer&Believer and netsirkylime are my bubbly amigos]
[shakespeare's strumpet is my big sis]
<3[absi is my girlfriend]<3

ashleighbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)