RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
I have to write an article.

Do you think that fashion reflects changes in how people live?We would like to know how fashion in clothes has changed since your grandparents were young, and what this reveals about changes in society.

I have to write an article about the above. can anyone help me? please i have deadline till friday, so its kinda urgent.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
The One Who

I am currently:

What sort of thing are you wanting help with?

I'd go through each decade and take the fashion cultures and then compare them to the predominant social changes. So, in the sixties/seventies there was more liberalisation and 'hippieness' which was reflected in the clothing with more wacky designs and women wearing more revealing stuff.

When our grandparents were young society was more reserved, more conservative and the clothing reflected that. Today we are much more raucous and more liberal and so clothing is brighter, shorter, cheaper, etc.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *..life in pain..* View Post
Do you think that fashion reflects changes in how people live?We would like to know how fashion in clothes has changed since your grandparents were young, and what this reveals about changes in society.

I have to write an article about the above. can anyone help me? please i have deadline till friday, so its kinda urgent.
Well I know that when my grandparents were young wearing short skirts and other revealing things was....kind of not good lol.
Just start (for the heck of it) with the 1900's(or just start thinking around there). It's a pretty good place to start with because you have the flapper and all that (psychedelic stuff a bit after) which really changed society because showing more skin was accepted, and more uhm sexy clothes as well.
It also the clothes were heavier in the 1900s, vs like the 1960's were you had pretty light, flowy clothes which would reflect the 'hippie' era, and how people lived.
I hope that helps a little, at least in starting to think about what to say.

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I think it tends to be more (with a few exceptions) an expression of the mindset or philosophy of the given time than for practicality, so as well as researching the fashion cultures of various generations, and then look at the social and economic events at the time, and what philosophies were knocking around.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

I finished it. thank you all for helping me!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)