RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Saerie

I am currently:
Everyone is 18, but me

And one other person in the group.
I was looking forward to summer, and now I'm just not. It was my last day of college today, and I don't feel happy to be out for sumemr at all :(

Now I've realized I'm one of 2 people left in the group to be 17, I will be left out so much over the summer. They will all be going out to pubs and clubs.I saw friends on Sunday for the first time in a month. That's how left out I've been already, and that wasn't even summer yet :(

I just see my summer as - work, see Tom, stay in on my own, see friends once every 2 weeks maybe. And it's truely horrible. Not how I imagined my summer to be at all. My birthday is on August 19th :( after that, there's only about 2 weeks left of summer. I've been crying/am crying about it so much. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Nothing is appealing to me atm. I don't want to eat, watch TV or do anything. That's how upset I am

I feel like I'm angering Tom for being so anxious about everything all the time. And it's not my fault :( I don't know how to help myself or what to do. I just get so wound up. So I end up being upset about more than one thing. Hating myself for getting worried all the time.

Saerie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

No! No! You can't cry-you're birthday is 5 days after mine, and I'm only turning 17.

Listen-I don't want to be a loser, but you'll get into wherever your friends go-if that's what you want. You'll be with an older crowd, which helps-aswell as you really look over 18, gosh! I thought you were 20.

Talk to your friends-they're not going to leave you in the lurch, surely if there's another person in your group also under 18. It's hard being the 'odd one out' but you can change that attitude by telling them how upset you are.

Trust me babe, the Summer will be awesome. Just talk to your friends-and if they don't rethink your plans then just always always plan a night with friends before they decide to something that doesn't include you.

...Sorry this is a rather silly reply-I'm afraid I'm kinda bad myself today too

Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

Oh God, I was like that last summer!
My birthday is on the 31st of August, it's a bitch!
Seriously tho... You'll get into wherever your friends go... and it's not too long to wait =]

BeautyFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Saerie

I am currently:

Mmm.. I used to be able to go out to our regular pub, but recently, our area has tightened up on ID'ing people because of some 15 year old ****'s incident. So I'm too afraid to even attempt to get in anywhere now.

Thanks for the support.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Muir
Chat Mod

I am currently:

You could arrange to do something with the other girl who's 17? I'm sure she's going to be feeling left out too. Maybe talk to your friends about how you feel? Try and find things you can do around your area that you'll enjoy.
Take care
<3xox

Muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

You Never Now What Will Happen Until U Give It A Try? Wat Is The Worse That Could Happen?

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Saerie

I am currently:

I could try to get into places in a few weeks after the ID'ing tension has calmed down, but I fear that I would have got all dressed up and ready to go out, and have to go home disappointed.

Most of my friends are guys, as is the other person who isn't 18 as well. I don't know him terribly well, so it may be awkward for just us 2 to do something together. His birthday is 8th July I think. Hm.. :S

Old 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

would be brave enough to give it ago?
once you are dressed up you will look great. no 1 will even consider that you are not 18 yet!
perhaps if this really isnt an option you could ask you friends if it is possible to do something else eg, bowling, ice skating, crazy golfing, cinema or even a nite in with a few drinks....
dont get too down hearted.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
Saerie

I am currently:

Lol, my friends aren't the type to go out doing things like cinema and bowling. They're jokey lads who just want a few too many drinks and a nights out pub/club crawling.

Maybe if I know that there aren't bouncers on certain nights or whatever... It might be different on weekdays in the summer now possibly. I did get into a place that you can't usually get into. And that was on a Wednesday.

I hope they loosen up on the ID'ing situation :(

Thanks a lot for the support

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)