RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
jadedfaerie
i found my faith, floating in a puddle of grace.

I am currently:
Infection - not sure if this is normal

i've been cutting around the same spot for about a month, and now the entire area is very sensitive and hurts quite a bit (even where there aren't recent cuts) is this normal?

My Blog: The Shattering Silence
http://wp.me/3ebkf

"Follow the voice of your spirit, Remember to dream, Listen to the wisdom of your soul, Dance to the music in your heart. "

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Hmm Can you answer a fewmore questions please.
When did you last cut in that area?
Is the area red or swollen?
Is it hot to touch?
Is there any fluids comming out of the cuts?

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 12-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Guardian angel

I am currently:

it sounds like the nerves have started to regenerate around the old cuts under the skin, it takes many many months for nerves to regenerate the regenerate around a mm or two a month this can cause hyper senseativity to the area things that you can do to help is to massage the area and touch the area to help retrain your nerves to feeling and senseing touch again.

This will feel very weird and might feel painful but it will help at the end of the day infact if you dont massage and help your nerves to retrain it will get more painful/ sensative until they are fully healed, when you massage them use something like bio oil or coco butter creme or something like that or baby lotion whatever you have if you massage the area with your index finger and middle finger in a circluar motion do this three times a day everyday or as much as you can. You should see your GP to as they might be able to offer more advice and might reffer you to a occupational therapist or physiotherapist.

Aaron

Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go.

pathetic

Old 13-06-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
jadedfaerie
i found my faith, floating in a puddle of grace.

I am currently:

bitter_angel, last time i cut in the area was sunday night (the 10th) but it was kind of on the outskirts of the area mostly
the area's mostly pink with some red spots. it's not hot or swollen or leaky so i don't think it's infected.

guardian, thanks for the info. i never even thought of that happening. and it does hurt alot just to touch it nevermind massage it. i'm trying though.
i could never go to my gp about that. i hide cuts and scars whenever i go. when they say take off everything they don't really mean it p

thanks for ya'lls help

My Blog: The Shattering Silence
http://wp.me/3ebkf

"Follow the voice of your spirit, Remember to dream, Listen to the wisdom of your soul, Dance to the music in your heart. "

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)