Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
EmilyB42
Emily

I really need advice

I'm 18 and I just don't know what to do. My sister is 22 and she is both emotionally and physically abusive. She is the main reason why I want to self harm. I really want to quit but I don't think that is possible until I move away from home so I can be away from her. If you think you can help me please give me your email

EmilyB42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Hi there Emily, I am sorry to hear that things are so difficult with your sister. Could you talk to any other family members/friends about this and perhaps get some help mediating between the two of you? Some people aren't comfortable giving out their email on the forums however there are many willing to support in threads or you can always email the Supporters if you would prefer one on one support.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
EmilyB42
Emily

Heya :) I'm new to the website, so I guess I don't really know the social adequate of the website :) but ya I can see how people can be uncomfortable giving out their emails, sorry about that. Sadly my parents just doesn't seem to want to get involved :/ whenever I tell my parents what she does/say to me it always just seems to make it worse. She always just manages to twist the story to make it seem like I'm in the wrong :(

Old 01-03-2016, 01:07 AM   #4
Petite Souris

I am currently:

Is there anyone outside of the home that you could talk to? A grandparent, aunt/uncle, teacher, counsellor? Could be helpful to have someone help you to talk to your parents and explain your side of things.

Petite Souris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:49 AM   #5
EmilyB42
Emily

Well if I do tell someone else I could just see my older sister yet again just twisting story... I am so tired of it I just really don't know what to do anymore :/ she just says and does all these nasty and terrible stuff to me and I just feel so powerless and worthless :/ when she gets going she can really just make me hate myself :(
The last day I tried to talk to mam and tell her how much she upsets me but she just snapped at me and told me she didn't want to hear it.... I really wish she could just listen to me but I just don't think she even cares :(
One time she beat me up so much I had to go to the emergency room to get stitches on my face.... I had a black eye for two weeks.... The day I got beat up my parents went out that night.
I didn't touch my sister, I just don't believe in violence.... But even with my stitches and black eye my sister still managed to lie and make it seem like my fault....
I really just can't wait to be able to move out of this house away from my sister

Old 01-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
Petite Souris

I am currently:

Do you go to school? There may be someone there that you could talk to? Someone that doesn't know your sister? I think that it would be most helpful for you to speak to someone who doesn't know the rest of your family but is an adult. Even a social worker/any sort of counsellor might be helpful.

Petite Souris is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)