I am currently:
warden contorol house flat

does any know what is ment by having a warden control flat

groveykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

It means that someone will check on you daily to see how you are both mentally and physically. They dont provide care more like emotional support. They do not look after or dispense medication. If you have an additional care package such as a carer or support from a cmht then they will liaise with them and phone for an ambulance/gp when deemed necessary. There's usually a support available 24/7 either through emergency pull cord or pendant worn around the neck or both which when pressed alerts the on site warden that you need help and they will come to you (they have keys so can let themselves in). Some schemes do not provide wardens 24/7 but there should be some sort of emergency system out of hours. In addition many wardens offer organized activities in a communal area throughout the week though they aren't compulsory. Daily cleaning of your own flat or bungalow (each scheme varies on the type of accommodation offered but generally it's self contained accommodation) and cooking is down to you though some may offer a weekly luncheon club. You may also qualify for a reduced TV licence fee though each scheme has its own rules about it.

The only downside is that they are often occupied by the elderly so there may be a high turnover of residents. If you struggle getting to know new people in a short space of time it may not be for you. Also many places do not allow pets unless they are assistance dogs. If you have a pet then you will have to rehome it or if you want a pet in the future then it won't be possible. Also I don't know your age but if you are under the age of 55 and having neighbours of a similar age or younger is important to you then that may be an issue because warden controlled schemes are usually occupied by elderly people though some do allow younger people if they have a need. Also depending on your age the activities offered may not be suitable for your age group since they are often aimed at the elderly eg bingo, knitting club, sit down exercise club, coffee mornings etc.

Hope that helps! I live next door to one and generally have no problems except the fire brigade is a frequent caller!

Last edited by not_so_insig : 18-05-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #3
not_so_insig

I am currently:

In addition to what I said above they often have laundry rooms. There may be rules about when and where you can use it eg a rota or not allowed to be used after 9 PM. Also there may be rules about visitors such as they have to be out after a certain time. Overnight visitors may be banned or there may be a separate guest accommodation of which there may or may not be a charge. There may be rules about noise eg no loud music or parties after 9 PM. Different schemes have different rules.

The best bet is if you are considering this type of accommodation is to visit the scheme you had in mind and ask the relevant questions. It may be worth while making a list of questions and asking the warden.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 18-05-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 18-05-2019, 04:01 AM   #4
groveykel

I am currently:

its going to be done by social servies so hopfyully they will help make sure im in the right place

groveykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #5
not_so_insig

I am currently:

It's best to do a list of questions before visiting. They are great for maintaining independence but with the reassurance of having someone to check on you daily. They have lots of rules compared to independent living but they are there for the harmony of all residents.

I hope that you find it helpful if you decide to go for it.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)