RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
PaleMoon

I am currently:
Does Anyone Else Struggle With This?

So things are going pretty well on the ED front. Body image is getting better (despite gaining a bunch of weight), no restricting, no purging.

But something is still nagging me. I have this innate fear of being hungry, and of there not being enough food.

I know that it is most likely my body's response to the long-term restricting I put it through. So I figure, I eat, it'll learn that there is food, that being hungry doesn't mean I'm restricting again.

Well, I eat now (well, sometimes I binge), but it just won't go away, this nagging fear of never again being able to eat the foods I love or just eat in general. It's gotten to the point where I inhale every meal I eat, scared that if I don't get it down fast enough, someone will take it away or something. It's irrational, it's annoying, and I don't know what to do about it.

Does anyone else struggle with this? What do you do about weird food fears like that? Sorry for rambling.

My name is Matt, and I am a boy. Feel free to PM me :)

I have learned that the world is not a safe place. Not at all. But there are so many people who love me and want to keep me safe. And that is enough.

PaleMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I think I vaguely know what you mean. At times I have stuffed my face not because it was a binge but because I didnt want to be hungry for a moment longer. I fear that [whilst I am restricting] everyone else will eat my nice foods and that can be part of the trigger for a binge to me.

I dont know what advice to give, but I dont think you are alone in feeling like this (hugs) xx

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Annaberry

I know how you feel, I get like this sometimes.
Before you start eating take a deep breath to sort of ground yourself, and tell yourself that there is going to be more food.
You can enjoy food, and it can be a terrible feeling after you eat fast. Try and eat slowly. I know it can be hard to keep control but do try to stay aware of what you're doing. Take it one bite at a time, and keep reminding yourself that the food isn't going to go anywhere.

I hope this has been of some help.
Well done on stopping restricting!
Hugs and support <3

Life is about love, last minutes and lost evenings,
About fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings,
And the aching amplitudes that set our needles all a-flickering,
And help us with remembering that the only thing that's left to do is live.

Annaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
I fear that everyone else will eat my nice foods and that can be part of the trigger for a binge to me.
I'm exactly the same & the same in respects to freaking out & not being able to stand hunger; Simply because my body is starving & reaching out for food whenever it can, mentally too (dreaming of food etc), Maybe your body hasn't quite recovered from being starved? I know when I was IP I was told that I'll feel this way for a long time to come because severe malnourishment & its effects on your body can sometimes take years to fully recover. Have you thought about talking to your team/GP about how you feel? They might have some advice.

Stay strong honey, your doing so well.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)