RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-02-2015, 05:13 AM   #1
twinklejoy

Please help me

I am new to this forum and I really need help. I feel like I am going crazy. I harm myself both intentionally and unintentionally. I don't want to harm myself, but some times I get really, really depressed and I am start to cut my wrist and I can't resist the urge, some times I do. Some times when someone starts to get me really sad, annoyed, angry or mad, I start scratching myself unintentionally. I've pulled out my hair from when this emotion or feeling is triggered, and I wasn't able to control myself. I didn't even feel any pain, until I go back to my normal state and I start to feel the pain from the scratches I've inflicted on myself. I don't know what causes me to harm myself.

I am almost 21 years old. I've been bullied in the past, from when I was 7 to 14 years old. I don't really remember what exactly happened, but I remember things like being pushed onto the group and getting jumped and trampled on, getting scratched on my face and being called "fat" and "ugly". I do have an issue with my self-esteem, but I don't think this is related to my confidence and I am really confident at some things, such as singing and doing maths, both which I don't think I am really good at, but am confident about doing. On certain days I feel ugly, but on some days I look at myself in the mirror and feel confident about my looks, which I feel is normal amongst girls.

I have always believed truly and deeply in the meaning of love. I was saving my virginity for the time I fall in love with someone, when I know the love is mutual. Unfortunately I messed up and had sex with a guy when I was drunk, simply because I was drunk and he told me I could sleep on his bed. I was really naive, and I took that as literally sleeping on his bed. This happened a few times more when I was drunk, and I always wake up feeling hurt and disgusted by my own actions. Also I would like to mention I was (and still am) in love with a guy I met through the internet who I've been speaking to for more than 2 years, almost on a daily basis. He felt the same but when I told him what happened, he got really mad at first, and now we still speak but he doesn't feel like he loves me any more. Recently I told him I cut myself, and he said he would never have sex with crazy, when I messaged him while I was really drunk, apologising and telling him that I love him. Everyday I blame myself over what has happened, and I wish someone would come up and tell me to end my life because I am junk. I blame myself for the fact that I did things that I didn't believe in, and I hate myself even more with each passing day. I wish I could relive my life, or undo things, and the fact that I can't makes me so, so depressed.

For a really long time, probably since I was 14, I started to have feelings of suicide. I've attempted suicide thrice I think, and each time my parents stop me. I don't live with them anymore since I am doing university in another continent, and I miss home so much and wish I could go back home, and undo things. Also a lot of times I feel like I am missing a soul, and life is simply not worth living. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to.

I am not sure if this is what causes me to harm myself. I have really good friends now and even though I don't contact my parents as much anymore, I had really good relationships with both my mum and dad as well as my sister. I think my first instance of self-harm was when I was 6, when my mum scolded me and I remember telling myself why did I make my mum sad, and I hit myself. Please help me. I am begging for something, some help. It's tiring to feel like I'm crazy. Also, thanks in advance.

twinklejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
Catharsis
//

I am currently:

hi twinklejoy, welcome to RYL

I'd like to assure you that you are not crazy. Even all of us who may be suffering from mental illness do things that other people find odd we are not crazy. Most often it's just maladaptive coping. I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad right now though. It's not easy to cope with symptoms on their own, let alone when you feel bad for having such symptoms. You sound very brave for having managed to write a post seeking support.

Do you have any professional support? Or perhaps any members of your family that know how you are feeling currently?

I can empathise with the feeling of wanting to re-do parts (or even all) of your life. I think the best way to deal with these feelings is accepting you cant change what has happened, but you can change what is going to happen.

Last edited by Catharsis : 02-02-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: posted too soon
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
KelcieLe
This Member is currently Banned

Well, I guess you need consultation from some expert.

KelcieLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL, I hope you find us to be a supportive bunch.

I think there is a large proportion of people who lost their virginity in a way that they wouldn't have ideally done and you aren't alone in doing things you come to regret whilst drunk. That said continuing to beat yourself up over your actions isn't going to change this. I am sorry that you online friend hasn't been supportive when you have opened up to him. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your relationship but people in my life that are good for me accept me for all my mistakes and indiscretions if he is being judgement you might want to think about the role he plays in your life.

Do you have any support at the moment? Professional or family/friends?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Hi, I'm going to echo what people have said about looking for some support for yourself. You don't have to deal with how you're feeling by yourself. Do any of the good friends you have know what's going on?

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #6
twinklejoy

Most of my friends know what's going on because I get really emotional when I get drunk. My friends are worried about me but I feel like I am imposing them.
I've been to a doctor and I started taking prozac today. The thing is I feel like I deserve nothing, and I feel like I messed up in life and that even if something good comes in way, I feel like I don't deserve it. I realised nothing can be fixed and I am turning desperate. I am going crazy.

twinklejoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)