RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Miss-Dramatic
The Teenage Drama Queen

I am currently:
Is This True?

My mum and dad have recently been through my room and found that I am oin the pill.
Thats 3 times they have now been through my room and ive even said to my couceller that they do this and even she says "You and your parents need to set boundries".
But they don't. They say im hiding stuff, which I am but its because I feel like i can't talk to them.
Anyway the point is my mum said to me yestderday "You don't have any rights in this house and the sooner you realise it the better"
Is it true and what does that even mean? If i havent dosent it mean I may as well not even live there?

"WhenThe Words Fail, The Music Speaks"

*Secret_Pain*

Your My Sister For Life Babe.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

*-Aha-*, Scarletts_Web, Squirtle,

Miss-Dramatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Shadowsaurus
Left.

You have rights!! Everyone has rights, and it was wrong of her to say that.
You are 15, and I have just been doing some work on Children's rights (I know you're not like a child, but like it's just what they call it lol).
So legally you have rights, your parents are just not really taking these rights into consideration.

You have the right to live in the house and you have the right to privacy! Your parents really do need to learn some boundaries!

Sorry I'm not much help!
Message me if you need anything
Sam x

Shadowsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Popple

I don't think thats right, yes you are lving in their house but everyone has the right to privacy and its very important that eveyone feels that have that.
Could you ask your counsellor to speak to them about this if they are not listening to you?
If that doesn't work maybe get a little box with a lock on it that you can keep stuff you don't want them to see in. You can get them from places like argos quite cheap.
Take care
x

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
lolly_x

Get a safe or little box with a key only you have!!! hide everything you don't want your parents knowing in there and try hiding it somewhere. I've got bits of paper and other stuff which i aint going into on here and they do not know my code

Old 22-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

some parents just say that to be honest. It annoys me.

I agree with what everyone said, get a little box and a key. Everyone should have privacy. I also think when parents raid your room it shows that they dont trust you and you wouldnt trust them either, so its not good x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
GrimmFaerieTale

Perhaps you could sit down with your parents, and maybe your counsellor as well if you feel it would help, and discuss how you're feeling with them? You could try and bring up the issue of privacy, and how you could work around that but also help allay their fears as parents. I totally respect you wanting (and deserving) your privacy but it may well be that they are doing this because they are worried about you and feel that the only way they can help is to do what they are doing.

GrimmFaerieTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
I.Heart.And
~Approachable and fit (apparently)~

I am currently:

Of course you have rights hon. I don't think that's anything short of emotional abuse to be honest. Get a lock for your door?
x

I.Heart.And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i think perhaps your parents meant it in the way that, you arent paying the mortgage, bills etc, and that its their house.

However, you do have a right to privacy.. I think that maybe it would be worth investing in some sort of loackable box/case for your stuff.

I dont agree with it being emotional abuse.. i think that your parents are worried about you, and arent sure how to express it to you.

maybe you could try and be more open with them, so that they dont feel you are hiding stuff from them.. even if youtell them the bare minimum, at least they will feel involved in some way.

Take care.
xx

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Breeze
dizzy dyke

Your parents rather controlling.
If there are things you wanna hide then how about getting a little safe box/money box thing from WHSmiths for about £10.
I think that talking to your parents with your councelor would really help too.

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

I think it's wrong for them to say that to you. You do have rights hun. *hugs* xo

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
ksdfjhlksajf

You do have rights, but your parents probably mean it in a "we are paying for your food/ the bills/ etc...." type of way. My parents have done that to me, and still do since they are helping me with my university education money. They at one point extended it to monitoring all my computer activities/ IM conversations/ emails (reading them, etc....). That definitely wasn't cool...

At any rate, a locked box is a good idea. Another thing that sometimes helps is spending more time where they can see you.... take a book into a common room, or have your door open for a little while while you are studying/ reading or something. I've found that doing things like that helped me get more privacy when I needed it.

Thank you for all of your help and support. I will no longer be coming to RYL. Semi-explanation will be inside my profile.

ksdfjhlksajf is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)