RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
RainbowsAndButterflies
No longer using this as main account. Only meets.

stomach ulcers/inflamation

What are the symptoms of these?

around the top of my abdomen when ever I lean on it or put pressure on it it hurts.

I have not purged in months
I am overweight
I have been taking nytol tablets but nothing else.

Can I just have some direction on this please.

Laura.

I am now not going to use this account as my main one from now on.
If you want my new account PM me. xxx

Old 28-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
Animad

Is that the only symtom you're getting? And what makes you think they may be stomach ulcers/ inflammation.

Where abouts are you pressing that causes the pain? Do you get pain there at any other times? Do you vomit not long after you eat?

Do you drink a lot of alcohol regularly or have you over the last 24hrs or so? Have you taken an OD recently (if so and you want to then feel free to PM me with the details, don't put what with/ the amounts on the thread)? Do you have any other medical conditions?

Ulcers/ gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) tends to cause pain in the stomach when eating and in the hour or so after this. It may also case pain at other times too. You also tend to vomit quite easily on eating and sometimes just drinking with gastritis. Ulcers tend to be very painful and the vomit MAY have blood in it which looks like coffee granules.

Really the best place to look is an article Peptic (which are ulcers in either the stomach (also known as gastric ulcers) or the first part of the Small Intestine) Ulcers.

However with the information given above there is no way for me to say whether you have this or not. If you give me more information and answer the above questions I can narrow it down a bit and may be able to give you more appropriate advice as to what you should do.

Old 29-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
RainbowsAndButterflies
No longer using this as main account. Only meets.

painful nearly all the time when I put pressure on it just above the belly button.

Been like that a few days.

Alcohol- only 2 half bottles of alcopops over the christmas period
OD- Nothing for 2 years
Vomit- Only like ya know where you brng it back up but just stays in your mouth kinda thing.

I was just wondering could the nytol tablets have caused this? I've taken 2 a night everynight for at least 14 days.

Thats all I can think of that could be of use

I am now not going to use this account as my main one from now on.
If you want my new account PM me. xxx

Old 30-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
Animad

The Active Ingredient in Nytol, Diphenhydramine, isn't a drug known as having this as a side effect, no so I wouldn't say it is definitely due to this. However, all meds can have side effects that aren't on the label. Have you tried to sleep without the aid of this? If you haven't then I definitely would give it a try as it is only designed to be used as an occasional sleeping aid, NOT as something used everyday and therefore should not be used like this. If you do have trouble sleeping every night then setting a routine where you go to bed at the same time every night and you don't watch tele/ play video games/ go on your computer within an hour of going to bed may also help. Also, the smell of Lavendar can also help or drinking something warm and milky about an hour before you go to bed/ getting a hot bath an hour or so before you go to bed and be as relaxed as possible are all supposed to help and they are MUCH better alternatives to taking meds.

The area you are describing is more typical of your small intestine rather than your stomach. It is possible that you do have ulcers there, especially in the first part of that but it may also be something else. Is this worsened at any points/ after any certain foods? As it's been going on for a while now it would be worth seeing a doctor and in the meantime keeping a diary of everything you eat, any meds you take, where the pain is that day, when, how bad and what it feels like, if you've had a bowel motion and what that was like and also just general things on what you've been doing that day/ if you've felt particularly stressed or anything may also help. By doing this it may be possible to find links that have never been seen before such as a day after eating something with x in it is worse. That is one of the single most things that can help a doctor.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)