RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-10-2007, 04:22 AM   #161
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*sends as many hugs and prayers as possible*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 03:51 AM   #162
risenfromperdition

ughh *curls up and makes all this **** go away*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 31-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #163
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

*prays for all you lovely people*

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #164
risenfromperdition

thanks <3

Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #165
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Heather, you're always in my prayers

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #166
risenfromperdition

thnx <3
love you

Old 02-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #167
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

Church meeting at my house (my dad is an elder) and I was asked to go and buy some milk. During the 5 minutes I was round the corner I bought and drank a small bottle of whiskey! I can't believe I just turned up to a church meeting at my own house drunk *cries* it's such a new kind of low.

I also had concussion from being a bit too violent with myself earlier, so I couldn't even tell how drunk I felt from already being dizzy and sick. How could I just sit there like that in our church?! I'm really ashamed

small light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:39 AM   #168
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

The very fact that you feel ashamed about it is a good sign. I know shame is a horrible, disgusting feeling, but it means that you still care about following God's laws and don't want to disappoint Him.

*Big Hugs

August 2, 2007

Old 02-11-2007, 04:35 AM   #169
risenfromperdition

*sends hugs*
<3

Old 02-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #170
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

*hugs all*

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:58 AM   #171
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

121 The Lord Will Protect His People (Ps 121,1-8)

1 I look to the hills!
Where will I find help?
2 It will come from the Lord,
who created the heavens
and the earth.

3 The Lord is your protector,
and he won't go to sleep
or let you stumble.
4 The protector of Israel
doesn't doze
or ever get drowsy.

5 The Lord is your protector,
there at your right side
to shade you from the sun.
6 You won't be harmed
by the sun during the day
or by the moon

7 The Lord will protect you
and keep you safe
from all dangers.
8 The Lord will protect you
now and always
wherever you go.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #172
bobbiwibble
Just find the time and reach for the bright side

I am currently:

I've been Catholic all my life, through all the ups and downs, but in the last year my faith seems to have faded so slowly that I didn't notice it happening! I'm now not sure what I can do to get it started up again as I feel that going to church now would make me a hypocrite.
Any ideas on what I could do? I miss my faith and I'm not sure how I lost it :/

heliotrope-lavender-candytuft-tulip-almond blossom-sycamore

Where do you turn when the night turns to singing
such sweet melodies and you flash your fin
then it's back to the depths where I cannot see you
but I built these towers just to honour you.....

bobbiwibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #173
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

The biggest thig is to actually want it, which you apparently do...
so kudos on that!

Try and set aside some time to just talk one-on-one with Christ... Don't worry about the words, just be honest and tell Him how you're feeling.
He loves it when His children come to Him for help.

Faith is a gift, so all you really need to do is ask.

August 2, 2007

Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #174
Reese
Wooooooo!

I am currently:

What are your views on how God feels about being sexually with the same gender as yourself?

" Believe in yourself, for it is only you who can determine whether or not you are the achiever of your dreams."

Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 AM   #175
Tears Of Blood
You need to feel just to know that you're alive

I am currently:

Hey everybody. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I've been a christian(Church of England, aka Anglican, aka Episcopal if you want to get specific) since I was about 8 but I'm not even sure I deserve that title these days. I've fallen so far from where I started I'm not even sure I can get back there from here but I've recently found a new church(a different denomination, though I'm not sure I want to fully change) that seems to be the first ever that I've really been accepted at(of course nobody's seen the scars yet, and they probably never will)...so we'll see how long that acceptance lasts... hopefully I'm not too far gone to make it back, we'll soon find out. Anyways, enough about me I just wanted to say hello and let you all know that you'll be in my prayers. Take Care, God Bless ~Jewel~

I try to love the sinner but it's more than the sin will allow. I've looked a long time into the dark,
hoping the truth would show me how
~Bad Cliché

Tears Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #176
thingsareslippingagain

I am currently:

I just wondered...

Am I alone in completely separating my relationship with God, from the pain I inflict upon myself?

I have self harmed for the majority of the past 3 years, I am now 16, but even at 11 i rememeber purposefully harming myself.

I understand God loves me, i have so much passion to be a christian and share my faith openly...

But i can't help thinking what impression i would be giving to others if they found out that i am a christian and yet still self harming.

I read a post of a website the other day, it brought it home that i am commiting this sin against this God who loves me, on almost a daily basis.

No one at my church knows the extent to which i am doing this to myself.

Do you ever get just so tired of waiting yet not wanting to be found out?

would be so grateful for a reply from anyone x

thingsareslippingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #177
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

That sounds like exactly what I would have said about a year ago... I can totally relate.

I accepted Christ at the age of 12, [June 28, 2004] sometime later that year I started cutting... I wasn't caught until September of 2006, and I didn't stop cutting until August 2, 2007...

Those three years were so emotionally painful, first because of the things that were causing me to cut myself, and second because I felt so guilty and ashamed of my sin.
I knew God still loved me, but I also knew that He wanted me to repent of that sin... I was relying fully on my SI for relief and support, so rather than repent I turned away from Christ...
As painful as it was when my mom found out, it was for the best...
Your family & friends will probably react better if you work up the courage to tell them than if they just find out, because telling them proves that you are interested in recovery.

I'm not sure I answered your question... but definitely feel free to pm me.

*hugs*
Read Psalm 32

August 2, 2007

Old 10-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #178
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
What are your views on how God feels about being sexually with the same gender as yourself?
I think God understands you far better than anyone. He created us and therefore he also created homosexuals - the fact that you or whoever is gay is not one's own choice. And love is always sacred - be it between two people of same or opposite sex, it is still love. Of course, being sexual with someone without love (ok, or marriage) is still a sin, but it's a sin for the straight AND for the gay.
I cannot understand why a heterosexual family is worth more than a homosexual - it's based on love. Yeah, God first made a man and a woman... but he also created gay people, so it can't be as wrong as the church says.
OK, my opinion: if you love someone and intend to spend your life with him/her, it just doesn't matter if it is a he or a she. That simple.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #179
Mariposa

Thank you for making this. I'm a Christian and I cut. I hate dissappointing God all the time, but I'm starting to get to a place where I am relying on Him more and cutting less so that's good.

Mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #180
Strict Machine
Fragile Little Me

I am currently:

I dont normally do this but... Could somebody pray for me? I'm seeing my psychiatrist in two days and I am so scared. I need courage to tell him about what's been going on (I have a difficulty with communication).

Last edited by Strict Machine : 11-11-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Strict Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)