RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #5421
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Katy, I was really tired during my first trimester. Made me miss a bit of uni and on my days off, I was napping late in the afternoon literally just before Darren was due home from work. It is normal as your body is doing a lot of growing just now xx

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #5422
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Yeah I was the same. I was at work full time teaching though so literally just had to come home, eat and go to bed. Most I ever slept was something ridiculous like 6.30pm-10am. Haha.

It does get easier though.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #5423
squirrelspit

I am currently:

there were quite few instances during my first trimester of my boss walking out of the office and coming back to find me asleep whilst sitting up.

The whole of that time i felt ****ing awful. Stuart was like 'i cant wait for the day when i ask you how you feel and you dont reply with either sick or tired'

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #5424
Popple

That makes me feel much better! I had heard and read about tiredness but this just seemed ridiculous. I am going to finish uni and all of my assignments just as it gets better too. Wonderful timing.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #5425
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Hey I dont have kids but just want someones opinion on this it is directed on school age kids but...

So I ice skate and I often hear about the academy for kids.

So would you let your child miss school due to a hobby/sport?
I read a skating forum where the parents let the children do tests/comps and lessons and sometimes miss school for it.

What your thoughts?

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #5426
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Not usually, I wouldn't. However, if they were serious about it I'd let them miss one day once a year for a competition. Not for lessons though, those things should be scheduled outside school hours, and competitions should be during weekends/holidays.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #5427
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I would say no to missing school for lessons but maybe for big comps etc. Tbh it depends on age of kids and how serious they are about it.

My niece and nephew both dance and at Christmas they are in this touring show. They miss about 8 hours of school in total spread over about 5 days but it's Christmas and all they do is fun stuff anyway plus they're only 8 and 12 so not close to GCSE. My sister also makes them catch up on work missed on weekends.

Something Special.

Old 18-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #5428
Beautifully Broken

My little sisters best friend misses school for competitions as she's at a music school, where music is the main focus as well as the other subjects.

If it was Faith, unless she was completely 110% serious that that was what she wanted to do the rest of her life, then she would only ever miss school for big competitions and that day/s that she misses at school on this competitions she will catch up with the school work at the weekend. I wouldn't let her miss school for lessons though.

Old 18-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #5429
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

hello, hope you are all doing well :)

i had an appointment with the antenatal consultant person, and she worried me a little.
she asked me if it was ok, that if i was too unwell (mentally) to consent to emergency delivery, like a caesarean or forceps or to consent to being examined, then can they do it anyway,if its in the best interests of the baby. i said yes, but i am a bit concerned. is it normal to get asked that?

she said it was unlikely as there have been no problems so far, and i am having another scan at 28 weeks, but im unsure why.

im so confused!!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #5430
Popple

She is probably just covering herself because you never know what might happen or how you might feel once you are in labour so it is best she gets your consent now rather than leave it and them be stuck unable to help if there is a complication in birth. If you are worried though I would ask her if there is any reason she is asking you that or is it just procedure x

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #5431
squirrelspit

I am currently:

could you not call them and ask why youve been told you need the third scan?

Old 18-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #5432
Beautifully Broken

I wasn't asked that at all, and that was with going into the hospital rather than my usual appointment with my midwife due to being classed as obese. Could you perhaps talk to your usual midwife about it? xx

Old 18-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #5433
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGlitteredFairy View Post
Hey I dont have kids but just want someones opinion on this it is directed on school age kids but...

So I ice skate and I often hear about the academy for kids.

So would you let your child miss school due to a hobby/sport?
I read a skating forum where the parents let the children do tests/comps and lessons and sometimes miss school for it.

What your thoughts?
Depends how often. If a comp was in a school day on e in a while it wouldn't bother me. As long as school work was completed that they missed

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #5434
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
she asked me if it was ok, that if i was too unwell (mentally) to consent to emergency delivery, like a caesarean or forceps or to consent to being examined, then can they do it anyway,if its in the best interests of the baby. i said yes, but i am a bit concerned. is it normal to get asked that?
I'd say it's probably normal to be asked that, to a degree. However, if you feel uncomfortable about it, ask for more clarification.

If you're confused as to why you're having scans etc, ask! It's your pregnancy and you are in control.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #5435
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

i dont think i have a regular midwife. i only saw one once for my booking in appointment when i came back to Herts, i will ring them up and find out.

this is all so confusing!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #5436
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Does anyone of any good activities for very indepedant little boy! He likes new things and I'm running out of ideas! He gets bored once he's figured a toy/game/activity out!

He's mastered feeding himself if I load the spoon and turning pages of a book/ closing it at the end. He will go through book with me but only twice before being bored.

Something Special.

Old 19-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #5437
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Oh and he's 4 month (17 weeks) id that helps.

All games I can find are for older children that seem suitable.

Although one of his favourite games at the minute is when I put my hand near his mouth he says "aaaaaaaaaaa" and a pat his mouth so he sounds like an Indian chief! He then laughs and opens his mouth waiting for me to do it again. Although this maybe shows you more about my maturity level than his likes since I taught him it!

Also he can roll tummy to back and almost back to tummy so can't teach him that either.

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 19-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Something Special.

Old 19-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #5438
squirrelspit

I am currently:

**** it Sam... might as well tell him to go out and get a job :P

Old 19-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #5439
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Eep sorry I didn't mean it like that!

Something Special.

Old 19-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #5440
squirrelspit

I am currently:

I know! you worry too much.

You should be proud of how well he is doing, dont try and dumb it down.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)