Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #181
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about what happened and how you're feeling?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #182
MissGranger

I am currently:

Thanks. She didn't listen and wouldn't give me more hours of support. She dismissed me and didn't take me seriously. I honestly don't think we can work together.

MissGranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #183
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

How did your mum feel it went? What did she do to dismiss you? What did she say to your Mum’s concerns?

I think I might have got confused, apologies if so! But I thought you said she’d just got funding for more hours?

I’m sorry you feel unheard , that must feel really crappy.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #184
MissGranger

I am currently:

Thanks for your reply and kind words it means a lot. My mum thought the same as me. When I talked about being low she would jus ignore it and move on to something else. She didn't take me seriously.

She got my 3 more hours last week but it isn't enough and she seems to be reluctant to get me more.

I just don't think I can work with this person. I dont know what to do.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:20 AM   #185
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I guess getting funding is really difficult. I’ve been in multiple
Sides, support worker asking for more hours, mental health student nurse doing requests for more funding, and also service user requiring hours. The one common elelement is needing to document what the hours are being used for and how any increase in hours is showing even a smidgen of improvement. Younsaid you were given three hours last week- how are they being used and in what way has that helped? If there is zero benefit then the argument may be that a further increase also wouldn’t be too beneficial. I would imagine your CPN was trying to navigate you away from focusing on how negative things were and onto looking towards more future planning etc. I know that can feel invalidating, but it truest doesn’t mean people aren’t hearing how tough things are. Maybe if you could consider what helpmthey could offer to make you feel heard, that would be helpful for all parties, but also for any future funding application for more hours.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 AM   #186
MissGranger

I am currently:

We are using the extra 3 hours to do cooking and to exercise I.e. going to the gym or swimming etc. We have loads of evidence I just don't see what her problem is she just doesn't seem to want to help me at all and I don't think I can work with her. I don't know what to do.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:15 AM   #187
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I guess my point is, you’ve only had those extra three hours for a week. It’s not just her that decides funding for extra hours. She probably had funding already for three hours ‘in an emergency’ because normally it takes weeks and weeks to get extra hours funded. What would you use the extra hours for? What would they contribute that you’re not already getting now?

I know that all sounds really blunt, but that’s what she will need to prove and demonstrate. Is there anything she COULD do to that in your eyes would show she was listening? How many hours would you like? Or would you like to be in hospital etc?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 09-01-2019, 02:17 AM   #188
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Plus, you only recently left 24hr and there will be an adjustment period, and to be honest, from your posts then it didn’t seem you were utilising or engaging too much there. So what has changed etc? Funders won’t care too much about historical stuff, it’s the best and now and what practical support you need etc

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 09-01-2019, 02:41 AM   #189
MissGranger

I am currently:

I wrote a long list of all the things I need help and support with to prove how much I needed it and showed it to her. I had my mum and support worker backing me up but she still didn't seem to want to help. I definitely want to stay out of hospital and therefore I need more support in the community. I was hoping for around 18 hours a week.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #190
MissGranger

I am currently:

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel stuck.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #191
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

What would being unstuck/moving forward look like to you?

Old 10-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #192
MissGranger

I am currently:

Being able to make decisions about things, trying new things and being supported

Old 10-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #193
MissGranger

I am currently:
My head's a mess.

Sorry to post another thread. I don't know what I'm looking for really. I guess just need some support cause atm it feels like no one cares or understands. I'm so low. I'm very anxious. I have a lot of tablets in my flat that I've been tempted to take to end it all. I'm not getting enough support from my mh team. My care coordinator is crap. The psych is really nice though. I haven't got enough hours of care. I'm going to try to ask for a new care coordinator but I'm anxious about it. Sometimes I think moving out of supported housing and into a new area was a mistake. I'm confused about what I want to do with my life. I feel stuck and I'm isolated. I feel like I have no one to turn to.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:34 AM   #194
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

What would happen if you focused on trying to make the most out of the 12 hours support you do have? Rather than focusing on how you don’t have he additional six you wanted? What would be your priorities to focus on during that support time?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #195
MissGranger

I am currently:

I am trying to do that but it's hard. We do prioritise things and then other things don't get done cause we don't have enough time.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #196
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

It can take a while to get the right level of support sorted when you move area and change teams. I don't think that it means no one cares. You also have to get to know people too so at this point you might not feel like you have a trusting relationship with anyone yet. Have you spoken to your Mum again?

Old 11-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #197
MissGranger

I am currently:

I know it's just I've been waiting for so long and I'm struggling. Handed in a letter today to the mh team requesting for a change of care coordinator. Really anxious about the outcome. Yeah my mum is aware of some things.

Old 12-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #198
MissGranger

I am currently:

The weekend is dragging I just want to skip the next few days so I can get Monday over and done with. I don't know how to get through the next few days.

Old 14-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #199
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

How did you get on today?

Old 14-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #200
MissGranger

I am currently:

Okay thank you. No meds change as psych wants me to be monitored by home treatment team or be an inpatient (we opted for home treatment). Home treatment supposed to be coming tomorrow but I'm really nervous and have a feeling they will reject me.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)