Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
JustaGirl18

I am currently:
Just A Question...

Have you ever reached that point where you just want someone, anyone to notice how much pain you are in? Yet, you act like everything is completely normal and don't tell anyone whats wrong you still want them to know something isn't right?

It has gotten to the point where I will do subtle (and sometimes harmful) things hoping that they will notice that little something that is off. I don't know what to do anymore...

JustaGirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 24-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Yes, I used to be like that. Thing is it isn't always easy for those around us to see how much we are suffering.

Instead of trying to get attention by harming, have you tried starting a conversation with anyone about how much you are struggling?

Or failing that can you reach out to your doctor for support before things get too difficult?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
JustaGirl18

I am currently:

I wouldn't say I am harming for attention... I do thing like that and then wish someone knew how I felt.
I am not good at talking to people about things. Sometimes I will decide I am going to say something to a friend or a doctor and then when I am actually face to face with them I cannot do it

Old 24-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
ajrocks

I am currently:

have you thought about writing it down to someone you trust? it doesn't have to be an essay maybe even a few sentences just to get it out i know its hard

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #5
Straight 3

The few times I've actually allowed people to know just how much I am suffering, those very people usually run like hell from me, so I'm discovering that confiding in people only winds up in the abandoning me when I need them the most. Truthfully, I only have 1 person that has stood by me through my rough times, and a true friend will (should) understand, and be there to support you if they care. I would tell the doctor anything and everything really. I guess my point here was there is nothing wrong with wanting people to understand when you are hurting; this does not make you a bad person.

Straight 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 04:40 AM   #6
JustaGirl18

I am currently:

I'm with you...when people find out they run like hell so its always the chance that if I tell them then they'll run but if I don't I feel like I'm lying. Its a 50/50 I want them to know and that I dont

Old 25-01-2016, 05:42 AM   #7
Straight 3

I don't know that I would necessarily lie though, I refuse to at this point. As I say, I have 1 friend that tells me to say if I feel shitty; she can tell when I'm lying anyway - We Just have to find those people, I guess. Friendship should be a 2-way street (give and take). I have ALWAYS been the one to listen to other peoples problems, and never able to vent to them.

You said you weren't self haring for attention; any luck with your doctor/therapist?

Straight 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 05:55 AM   #8
JustaGirl18

I am currently:

They don't really know... no one does
I don't go to a therapist regularly eitehr

Old 25-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #9
purplegirl2

listen, u have to love u the most, and really become your own best friend.

i really hope u get out of this mentality.

i know what its like.

purplegirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)