RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 18-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Lollirot
Hold me under, cut away this empty

I am currently:
Eating Disorder - Tachycardia?

This is the second time I've noticed my heart beating really fast (and it might have happened more times that I haven't noticed).

A few months ago all I did was wake up and weigh myself, when I got back into my room my heart felt weird so I checked it, it was like 133bmp or something. I was going to go to the doctors or hospital but it calmed down.

About 10 minutes ago I noticed it again. Except this time it was like 148bmp. I don't want to go to the hospital because I think it's already calming down, but is this bad?

(wasn't active or panicky to make it rise and just used my watch to count the beats so it might not be super accurate)

I think it's probably from my binging and purging. Today I purged (but only a little) about an hour before I noticed it. My toes hurt too, no idea why, or if it's even related...

Does anyone know what's going on??

"Watch me fault her "you're living like a disaster". She said "kill me faster", with strawberry gashes all over"

Old 18-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Descartes

I am currently:

I don't know too much about eating disorders but I do know that you pulse is pretty high. When mine goes above 120bpm i'm not allowed to take my medicine. If you don't want to go to the hospital for investigations because it calms down, why not go to the GP when you have the chance to tell them whats been going on recently? They can send you for an ECG I think its called to get a clearer picture of whats going on.

Hope things get better for you.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." George Orwell

Old 18-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Lollirot

I am currently:

Thank you, yeah I know it's really high, that's why I posted. I see a psychiatrist, I'll tell her on Wednesday, hopefully she'll tell me what to do. She may even have an answer as she took bloods last week.

Hmm saying all this makes me think my original post may have been unnecessary, I guess I was just worried...

"Watch me fault her "you're living like a disaster". She said "kill me faster", with strawberry gashes all over"

Old 18-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
lostandalone3
This Member is currently Banned

If you have been purging alot you could have caused some of your electrolytes to be a bit low. Low electrolytes particulalry potassium can cause cardiac arrythmias so would be good to get it checked out.

If it drops too low it can even cause fatal heart rythms.

Old 18-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
Lollirot

I am currently:

That's what my psych said she was testing for with the blood. I know it's stupid logic, but my head keeps telling me that I'm too big for there to be something wrong with them. I don't know, I'm just confused.

Old 18-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Animad

It doesn't matter what size you are; if you're purging then that will affect the electrolyte imbalances in your body causing a lot of problems. You do need to get this looked at really and by a medical doctor rather than a psychiatrisst just to make sure there is nothing to worry about and I'd see them asap. If you get chest pains or your heart rate rises with no other reason/ the rhythm of your heart feels unusual/ you start to go dizzy or faint then you need to go to A&E/ the ER

Old 18-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Lollirot

I am currently:

Yeah logically I know that you can get electrolyte imbalances regardless of weight if you're purging, my head's just... stupid.

So it seems that it's most likely an electrolyte thing then? Well I'll wait till Wednesday, and tell my psych. Cause she took my bloods she should know if there's an imbalance right.. and if there's not then I'll book an appointment with a GP - which I think I'm meant to do anyway so they can monitor the physical side of things apparently

Old 18-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Animad

Well it could be a number of things as purging and not having a correct diet and things like restricting can also lessen the amount of muscle in your heart and therefore cause probnlems in that way. There are also MANY other conditions none ED related which it could be so an electrolyte imbalance or anything to do with an ED is only one of MANY things that it could be and without discussing this with a doctor and potentially having further tests no-one can say. I would book an appointment with your GP anyway as yes, they are the ones which are supposed to be the ones who monitor the physical signs, not a psychiatrist whatever your bloods say. Also as well as that, even if there is an electrolyte imbalance somewhere that may not be the cause.

Old 18-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Lollirot

I am currently:

Alright, thanks a lot :)

I'll make an appointment with a GP

Old 18-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
Animad

OK, glad you're seeking help. Problems with your heart (if in act you have got one and heart rates rising to that aren't normal but the amount you say is really infrequent) are something that need to be taken really seriously and need properly looking at/testing.

Old 18-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

My dr noticed tachycardia, and I got an ECG a few days later and got told there was abnormal heart beats and slight heart damage.

However, you said all you done was get up weighed yourself then went take your pulse?

Not wanting to diagnose, but if you stood up too quickly and your blood pressure fell, heart rate can increase to compensate.

See your gp due the numerous possible causes xx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)