Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:
Medication Question - Just stopped..

Hi guys, I was on 40mg of fluoxetine for a week but prior to that I was on 20mg for months, it was recentely upped
But I haven't taken it for 4 days now and wondering what I should expect?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Lollirot
Hold me under, cut away this empty

I am currently:

I was on Fluoxetine 40mg for quite a while, when my doctors finally listened to me about it making me worse my Psych told me it was up to me whether to stop taking them. I stopped without weening off them or anything and don't remember noticing anything at all. Though I think I'm quite resiliant with a lot of meds and everyone is different. I think Fluoxetine is one of the meds you should ween yourself off due to uncomfortable side effects (such as stomach aches and stuff), but side effects don't effect everyone.

Your doctor/psych does know (and has consented to) you stopping right? It they haven't you should keep taking them and talk to them about it when you next see them.

"Watch me fault her "you're living like a disaster". She said "kill me faster", with strawberry gashes all over"

Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

Ohh right.
No my dr or psych do not know that I've stopped :/

Old 09-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Aidee

I am currently:

Well, it can cause a whole host of problems, mostly because you stopped suddenly. Anything from increased anxiety, to a major depressive episode, to hallucinations up to something called SSRI discontinuation syndrome, which is a collection of symptoms that can occur.

The best thing you can do is call your doctor and let them know and see what they suggest. If you want to stop taking it all together they can give you a schedule to safely stop taking it, or they can instruct you on how to get back on schedule safely.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

Hmm I suppose yes, I made an appointment with my psychiatrist for next week so ..
I told my parents last night and they seemed supportive of me wanting to do it without medication and didn't care I had stopped suddenly. I discussed possible withdrawl symptoms with them, they'll help keep an eye on me most probably..

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)