Live Help


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
snailonvalium
*~manda~*
 
snailonvalium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
And they are no fun, no fun at all!
Too true!

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #22
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*
 
Alone and Scared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lost.
I am currently:

I, personally, don't think that harmful substances should be offered on sale anywhere..... For example, drugs can cause psychosis.... That person is then mentally unwell forever.... If I had a choice of whether to risk giving myself a mental illness, or to not give myself a mental illness.... I'd be taking the latter and staying the hell away from anything, such as, drugs.



-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-



Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx


Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #23
Flem Fatale
Flem Fatale
 
Flem Fatale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

So you don't think alcohol, cigarettes, pharmacuticals, or any other chemical should be sold ever?




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Flem Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*
 
Alone and Scared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lost.
I am currently:

Well, no. I just find it confusing. I don't know a lot about all of this, I hold my hands up to that.... It's just the risk of mental health problems..... If it's a risk that could, potentially, change your whole life, and not really for the better, then why take it? Genuine question, I'm not being a cow.

Alcohol consumed in small amounts is fine, but there are clearly risks. I don't like smoking, again, because of the danger.

I'm just a bit confused about the legalities of it..... Are they trying to reduce the crime rates, dodgey mixes of drugs, get dealers off the streets etc? Or?

It's just with the risks being so high, I don't 'get it'.....?



-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-



Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx


Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #25
asheee
Asheroo
 
asheee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mars
I am currently:

I think it's actually good (well.. not good) that it's on the market, at least people have a choice.

And there's the whole thing about being able to control it easier if it's legal. As previously posted, it would be pure.



You can survive anything, as long as you survive



asheee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #26
Abintra
This Member is currently Banned
 
Abintra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: your mum
I am currently:

I'll be there in 5



To whom I may offend,
hahahahaha
Yours faithfully the monkeys arse

Abintra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
Leni
 
Leni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nowhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone and Scared View Post
I'm just a bit confused about the legalities of it..... Are they trying to reduce the crime rates, dodgey mixes of drugs, get dealers off the streets etc? Or?

It's just with the risks being so high, I don't 'get it'.....?

It's debatable as to whether the risks are 'so high'. Professor Nutt remarked that taking ecstasy is statistically as safe as horse-riding. Should we make horse-riding illegal because there are risks involved? In a conversation with my psych once, he said that long-term heavy use of marijuana has been linked with psychosis, but moderate use hasn't. He also said that if there was such a high risk of developing psychosis, then there would an epidemic of psychosis - and there isn't. Rates of diagnosis of psychotic illnesses have stayed reasonably stable over the last century.

Other people will probably be able to enlighten you more, but with regard to the situation in North America, I think it's about medical marijuana. That is, people using it to treat illness. It's prescribed to treat all sorts of things - from mental health problems to cancer. Personally, I've found it really helpful in easing anxiety.


Last edited by Leni : 28-11-2012 at 11:47 AM.


And the illusion of love is the only promise of defence, and even that will crumble.

Leni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

There are also things like this out there though. A guy showed it all to me last year.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_P...ok_of_the_Dead

Which was dangerous for me anyway, even more so while high.
I can't remember if he specifically said drugs should be legal. But he was kicked out of the university for using the students in an experiment involving this. (Willing students btw)

I think making drugs legal would make things like this more 'acceptable' almost, or at least not as easy to stop.



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #29
sunshinethewerewolf
pornogratherapist
 
sunshinethewerewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I am currently:

it looks like no one has posted in this thread for awhile...........
forgive me for my ignorance, but what in the flying hell is "whitey'd"? I have never heard of this until now.
The truth is, every drug that is now illegal was once legal. Most were pharmaceutically distributed as legitmate medicine. Marijuana, however, was never given much of a chance. Because.....
The truth is, HJ Anslinger had to make marijuana APPEAR as dangerous as a machine gun (litterally) because you had to go through the same prcoess to purchase either item. This is history, look it up.
The truth is, marijuana has been decriminalized (NOT legalized, but DEcriminalized federally) in most places already because it is proven time and time again to be less dangerous than alchohol.
The truth is,
marijuana is not lethal. It cannot be lethal except when consumed in ways that are nearly physically impossible for the human body. Marijuana "overdose" only occurs when weed is mixed with another drug, when you consume an ungodly amount in food, when you have a HEART PROBLEM or high blood pressure (as THC is known to speed up the heart rate), or when you are unsure of how it will affect you as it affects everyone differently. (tetrahydrocannabinol contains allergens that can irritate & that is why some people just can't smoke because allergens affect everyone differently)
But again, it is nearly physically impossible to consume enough to "overdose".
THE TRUTH IS, if you or someone you know has "whitey'd", it was probably because they WERE NOT SMOKING ONLY WEED.
The TRUTH is, putting weed in the same category as HEROIN, on the Narcotics 1 list, is not only unnecessary but it undermines the research done on the plant and the progress in medicine as a result of said research.
And the claim that marijuana can cause psychosis in users is simply rediculous and doesn't even need a response as whoever says this knows it is 100% nonsense.
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...stionID=000220
^every study conducted here will tell you that "psychosis in marijuana users" is relative and mostly has to do with the "casual relationship"- that the users were already experiencing symptoms of mental disorder before they began the trials.
The illegalization of just marijuana alone has perpetuated a legally unjust and corrupt system whose unlawful incarceration of individuals- judged upon the legal status of their offense rather then the circumstance and minuscule nature of and therein their offense- has caused many to loose trust in our system’s effectiveness. We're wasting money on a phony "War on Drugs" as I type these words.

Operation Intercept, The Narcotics Treatment Administration, Operation Golden Flow, The Office Of Drug Abuse Law Enforcement,
The Drug Enforcement Administration-
Richard Nixon’s War On Drugs began a fight that will never end. New drugs are introduced to the public every day. Each one with more side affects than its predecessor. So what do ya'll think is more damaging? Oxycontin? or marijuana?

Please make sure you are visiting the right websites, too...
I mean, I try really hard to distinguish what is factual and what is anti-drug perpetuated propaganda.



....but I really do wanna know more about this "whitey'd" sensationalism as I am very skeptical indeed haha.....




Give me an audience.
Black, loveless eyes.
I have hundreds of costumes.
But not one disguise.


sunshinethewerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #30
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinethewerewolf View Post
forgive me for my ignorance, but what in the flying hell is "whitey'd"? I have never heard of this until now.

THE TRUTH IS, if you or someone you know has "whitey'd", it was probably because they WERE NOT SMOKING ONLY WEED.

....but I really do wanna know more about this "whitey'd" sensationalism as I am very skeptical indeed haha.....
If you don't know what a whitey is, how can you say that the people having them are taking more than weed?

A whitey is essentially when you 'white out', ie, get dizzy (some people pass out) and throw up or at least feel very nauseous. Your skin will also become pale, as it would when you feel ill generally. Anyone can experience them, as everyone is effected by the drug and the smoke differently. It could be because you have smoked too large a hit at once, or maybe you swallowed some smoke and it irritated your stomach, or maybe you are reacting badly to the drug. I get a banging sore head just from being around the smoke and smell of weed (even with the smokers hanging out of an open window), so I imagine smoking it myself wouldn't do my body many favours.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #31
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
^And now we know it's dangerous.
Smoking weed increases your risk of cancer 20x compared to a tobacco smoker, let alone the non-smoking population.
Your risk of a heart attack increases almost 5-fold in the first hour after smoking a joint.
And people think tobacco is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Aardvark View Post
I think making drugs legal would make things like this more 'acceptable' almost, or at least not as easy to stop.
Drugs being illegal is the main reason I've not tried any.



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #32
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
^And now we know it's dangerous.
Smoking weed increases your risk of cancer 20x compared to a tobacco smoker, let alone the non-smoking population.
Your risk of a heart attack increases almost 5-fold in the first hour after smoking a joint.
And people think tobacco is bad.
Source?

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #33
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

British Lung Foundation It compares 1 joint/per day for a year and 20 cigarettes/day for a year (this is also termed a "pack year" in medicine). It specifically looks at lung cancer; the risks of other cancers aren't thought to be as high, though testicular cancer is thought to still be significantly raised. Sadly, studies are lacking as it would be unethical to conduct studies on patients using something which was illegal.

NHS Website
New York Times - Heart risks - Harvard

I could find a lot more sources if you'd like, but then again, so can Google, particularly their Scholar search engine.



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #34
sunshinethewerewolf
pornogratherapist
 
sunshinethewerewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
If you don't know what a whitey is, how can you say that the people having them are taking more than weed?

A whitey is essentially when you 'white out', ie, get dizzy (some people pass out) and throw up or at least feel very nauseous. Your skin will also become pale, as it would when you feel ill generally. Anyone can experience them, as everyone is effected by the drug and the smoke differently. It could be because you have smoked too large a hit at once, or maybe you swallowed some smoke and it irritated your stomach, or maybe you are reacting badly to the drug. I get a banging sore head just from being around the smoke and smell of weed (even with the smokers hanging out of an open window), so I imagine smoking it myself wouldn't do my body many favours.
well, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, and those who believe marijuana was a direct cause of this clearly experienced SOMETHING. But the reason I say they probably smoked more than that is simply because marijuana alone doesn't have this affect. The reason chemotherapy patients recieve marijuana perscriptions is it soothes the stomach... I suffer from stomach problems myself and can tell you firsthand that marijuna has helped in ways that traditional medicince never has.
I think I get it though, like if you take a really, really big bong hit that makes you choke for awhile, the coughing can trigger a gag reflex? That has happened to me before but I was not sick all day. I think that maybe those who were sick all day may have been going through mild dehydration, maybe.. Upon reading more about it, seems like those who whitey'd often did so on an empty stomach or little sleep, or were just generally not taking care of themselves otherwise.
Thank you for clarifying, though I don't know how I feel about this. It's scary that there is something out there causing marijuana users and patients to feel ill. But when used properly, marijuana has astounding medical qualities to be utilized. I suppose it's just a relative matter.
by the way I have a close friend with that same problem! Headaches suck, and it proves your point that everyone is affected differently. But most users experience a soothing euphoria and use the plant as a painkiller. The history channel told me once that Queen Elizabeth I used marijuana to help with menstrual cramps.
Unfortunately, the lung damage is real and unavaoidable IF SMOKED, but there are many wonderful innovative products out there that allow you to consume marijuana without smoking it (:
If you wanna learn more about how and why marijuana was illegalized in the first place, http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/.../nc/ncmenu.htm
this information was collected and comissioned under Nixon in 1972, disregarded and hidden from the public until 2002.
Colorado & Washington are a step in the right direction




Give me an audience.
Black, loveless eyes.
I have hundreds of costumes.
But not one disguise.


sunshinethewerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #35
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

Medicinal cannabis and smoking weed are completely different things.
Just like Morphine given in hospital, and Heroin on the streets.

Medicinal cannabis is purified. It also generally comes in 'healthier' formats too; a large percentage of the risk is from actually smoking weed, and would be hugely reduced if taken in another form (ie. in food, oil). Please don't try to equate medicinal cannabis and weed.

Taking a step in the right direction? Gay marriage, gun control, and universal health care would be a start, in joining the rest of the developed world (one of the only developed countries without universal health care, even quite a few developing nations now have some form of UHC).



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #36
sunshinethewerewolf
pornogratherapist
 
sunshinethewerewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
Medicinal cannabis and smoking weed are completely different things.
Just like Morphine given in hospital, and Heroin on the streets.
Medicinal cannabis is purified. It also generally comes in 'healthier' formats too; a large percentage of the risk is from actually smoking weed, and would be hugely reduced if taken in another form (ie. in food, oil). Please don't try to equate medicinal cannabis and weed.
Taking a step in the right direction? Gay marriage, gun control, and universal health care would be a start, in joining the rest of the developed world (one of the only developed countries without universal health care, even quite a few developing nations now have some form of UHC).
I'm sorry.
But comparing marijuana to morphine and heroin invalidates that argument entirely. Again, nothing about cannabis is fatal. Cannabis, like most other things- legal or illegal- can be abused. That is relative. But it won't harm you the way those drugs do.
Quote:
Please don't try to equate medicinal cannabis and weed.
You know; Marijuana, cannabis, pot, weed- they're f!cking words.
Please, don't pretend that we're talking about 2 different substances here, when referring to potent marijuana vs. less potent marijuana- because that is all it is.
Quote:
Taking a step in the right direction? Gay marriage, gun control, and universal health care would be a start, in joining the rest of the developed world (one of the only developed countries without universal health care, even quite a few developing nations now have some form of UHC)
Let's stay on subject here, this is about a drug war- incarceration of harmless drug users- "if we were to count all the people in U.S. prisons and jails, We would account for almost a quarter of the worlds prisoners.
The actual figure comes to 23% of the world's incarcerated, From a country of a mere 5% of the world's total population."
We are a prison nation. America will incarcerate an ill person before giving them a chance to know that they are ill in the first place. There are people locked in prison cells in their own sick because in this country, we punish instead of rehabilitate.
It's taking a step in the right direction because people at least appear to be generally more tolerant. Check the link. Nixon hid that from the public because Shafer could not find much wrong with cannabis, other than the lung damage associated with inhaling smoke.
Quote:
a large percentage of the risk is from actually smoking weed, and would be hugely reduced if taken in another form
yes, you are absolutely right. And I made that same exact point
Quote:
Unfortunately, the lung damage is real and unavoidable IF SMOKED, but there are many wonderful innovative products out there that allow you to consume marijuana without smoking it (:
here.




Give me an audience.
Black, loveless eyes.
I have hundreds of costumes.
But not one disguise.


sunshinethewerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinethewerewolf View Post
well, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, and those who believe marijuana was a direct cause of this clearly experienced SOMETHING. But the reason I say they probably smoked more than that is simply because marijuana alone doesn't have this affect.
It obviously does if people experience it whilst only smoking weed.

Quote:
I think I get it though, like if you take a really, really big bong hit that makes you choke for awhile, the coughing can trigger a gag reflex? That has happened to me before but I was not sick all day. I think that maybe those who were sick all day may have been going through mild dehydration, maybe.. Upon reading more about it, seems like those who whitey'd often did so on an empty stomach or little sleep, or were just generally not taking care of themselves otherwise.
You won't be sick/ill all day, but you probably will feel a bit crap after it for a while. Yes, there might be other factors such as dehydration, but they certainly wouldn't be feeling those effects if they didn't smoke.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
sunshinethewerewolf
pornogratherapist
 
sunshinethewerewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
It obviously does if people experience it whilst only smoking weed.



You won't be sick/ill all day, but you probably will feel a bit crap after it for a while. Yes, there might be other factors such as dehydration, but they certainly wouldn't be feeling those effects if they didn't smoke.

what study can you cite that can prove that marijuana does have those effects? It doesn't. Smoking weed just will not cause you to white out. These people experienced (& yes, I googled the term & looked more into it) exauhstion, dehydration, sleep depravation
all of which were contributing fators to their sick feeling- and were probably the main reason the person got sick at all.
That's all I'm trying to say.
What concerns me is the fact that using the term whitey'd just makes it seem as though it's POSSIBLE to overdose on marijuana- which is simply not true.
Now,
I know when to admit I am wrong. Marijuana users can make themselves sick sometimes.
But marijuana treats nausea, and is not normally the cause of it unless YOU MAKE YOURSELF SICK- not the marijuana you were smoking, but the things you were doing- whatsoever- & you just chose to smoke at the wrong time. It's like forcing yourself to smoke when you have a hangover & aren't feeling well- it will probably make you puke.
It just seems like these stories are bringing about another "Reefer Madness" era, where misconceptions are used to perpetuate an unjust drug war...
I actually started writing a book about removing marijuana from the narcotics 1 list... and frankly, I've done a lot of research on the subject of illegal drugs in general, not just marijuana.




Give me an audience.
Black, loveless eyes.
I have hundreds of costumes.
But not one disguise.


sunshinethewerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #39
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinethewerewolf View Post
what study can you cite that can prove that marijuana does have those effects? It doesn't. Smoking weed just will not cause you to white out. These people experienced (& yes, I googled the term & looked more into it) exauhstion, dehydration, sleep depravation
all of which were contributing fators to their sick feeling- and were probably the main reason the person got sick at all.
None, mainly because I'm just not that interested. I know the effects it has had on some friends who have taken it, and I know the effect the smoke (even when it is being blown out of an open window) has on me. I know what the people who suffered a whitey were doing, and I know that they would not have experienced it if it wasn't for the weed.

Quote:
What concerns me is the fact that using the term whitey'd just makes it seem as though it's POSSIBLE to overdose on marijuana- which is simply not true.
Who is saying that? I'm certainly not.

Someone alleging to be writing a book on the subject and not knowing about or what a 'whitey' is? Seems a bit odd to me.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #40
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

*shrug* i smoked pot for 10 years and whiteyed once that whole time.

I was probably tired and a bit drunk as well, but i wouldnt have gone all sicky feeling without having smoked, it was the weed that bought it on.

However, it only lasts for a short while. Its just like when your blood sugar drops or whatever really.

It really is a common term, and a common thing. Its just like sometimes people get a bit too pissed and throw up.





squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Back to top