Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
over and out

I am currently:
Raising funds

Hey,
I want to take part in a couple of challenges with Mind, but I need to raise money for the registrations fees as I am currently unemployed. I need about 100 but I can manage if I can only raise 80.
So yea my question to you wonderfully creative people, have you got any ideas on how to raise this money. We cant do it on the shop premises as all proceeds need to go to the shop if it is done in the shop.
Thank you in advance
chloe

over and out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I recently raised 4500 for a challenge for Macmillan. Our biggest fundraiser was a coffee morning with all my Nans friends. They paid 2 for entry which included unlimited tea/coffee and biscuits. Then there were cakes that we had baked which we sold for 50p or a 1. And a raffle (prizes included a food hamper, bottles of alcohol, and a free meal at local restaurant). This made over 200 in one morning.

We had a collection box in the local pub. And packing bags at a supermarket usually raises a lot but you need permission to do it and a few people. You can even just ask permission to stand with a collection box in the supermarket entrance and you can raise about 300 just from this - especially if you dressed in fancy dress or something.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
nowhereman

I am currently:

I did a coffee morning too and raised a bit, I also walked in a marathon but that might not be possible for you. Good luck!

A world without Light would be dark.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
over and out

I am currently:

Thank you! May ask at my local supermarket :D

Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Renting out somewhere fairly cheap (local hall or whatever) and doing some sort of disco or alternately something with different stalls and stuff, when I was little and my granddad died of cancer me and my friends booked the local hall and did an event with different stalls such as raffles etc, all proceeds going to cancer research, and we made a decent amount, maybe something similar could work.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

[''There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'I wish I was the monster you think I am.'

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
over and out

I am currently:

Looked into my local town hall but you need a month in advance and I need the funds by the end of the month

Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

just giving page, get everyone you know with an ebay account to buy cheap sim cards with credit 2 for 10 worth of credit, txt in and gift aid it and thats 12.50 donation for 2.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
skelly jelly
skeldorf

I am currently:

go to your local pubs and speak with the landlord, most of them are usually quite helpful and may put a bucket out for there punters to make small donations if they think that your cause is worthy thats how i raised money for breakthrough breast cancer

skelly jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Bake sales always go down well :) I'm holding one tomorrow :) you generally have to get permission wherever you hold them though.

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
over and out

I am currently:

Thank you guys never thought to ask pubs. I have a place for cake sale so I'll do that I think too

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)