RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #6141
Popple

I used to go camping there too and before that we used to stay in a little cottage. It is a lovely place :)

It will be good practice at least for the plane. Are you going to be travelling at a quiet time of day? If so at least you should be able to walk around with him. We travel by train quite a lot and if you go on the trainline and book in advance you can often get first class tickets for a couple of pound more than normal. You get a lot more space and we are quite often the only ones in there!

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #6142
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Big hugs to all the girlies x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #6143
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

charlie, have you seen the plastic bag things for freezing breast milk?

i think they are pretty good. saves me from putting a load of bottles in the ward freezer! lol!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #6144
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

just a question, its probably nothing.

Jasmine has slept a ridiculous amount today. a lot more than normal.
she hasn't fed as much as she usually does. she slept as normal last night.
the health visitors were here this morning and they are happy with her, still going along the 75th centile.

im probably being paranoid!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 22-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #6145
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Has it been warm Becky? just Elliot always sleeps extra when its a warm day. Or she could be having a little growth spurt or getting over one. Babies change their routine quite often so i wouldnt worry about it.

Elliot has started to insist on walking just holding one of my hands. I feel like im going to pull his little arm out of its socket! He seems happy enough running around though and i must admit he's getting pretty stable on his feet now.

Do any of your LO's start stirring an hour or so before they actually wake up? Just wondering as at the moment Elliot is waking up about 5 having a bit chat to himself and a kick around then dropping back off till about 6.15/7.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #6146
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Yes extra annoying when they shout mummy or scream in the midst of it lol. If one stirs too loudly they wake the other up, who then wakes the stirring one up. Ho hum. Fun fun.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 22-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #6147
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

He normally just starts whispering bababa or mamama or sings but sometimes he gets louder. I wondered if it was a local milk man or something but he does the same at my parents.

Something Special.

Old 22-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #6148
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Glad people are mostly doing well

I've just had about a week looking after Ethan full time (usually he goes to his dads/nanna's every 2/3 days because we share his care) and it was lovely despite being exhausting and he's acting like a little teenager with strops and 'i hate you's'!
We were (kinda selfishly) hoping his dad would decide he couldn't cope anymore and leave him with us permanently but he wanted him back. It's frustrating because he's not the best influence on Ethan, and 'nanna' ends up doing most of the care. I try to be grateful I have so much support but it's actually really difficult to transition between the days we have him and the days we don't, I think it's more exhausting in the end really.

On the plus side we went to an amazing farm and I got to cuddle all kinds of cute baby animals! And Ethan's dad is thinking of joining the army when I qualify in a year.... that would mean we'd have Ethan full-time

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #6149
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Becs, yeah i have some milk freezer storage bags. it disturbs me that they say 'my mommys milk' on them, but they are awesome.

Sam, i know i dont really qualify for an opinion as Oliver is only a month old, but almost every day he wakes up at 8.30 and just has a stare around and then will sleep for another 45 minutes.

Jocelyn, the situation with Ethan must be so hard. i really hope it all works out. It sounds like things are at least amicable between you and his dad which i guess is a plus.

Stuarts mother bought me the most amazing book. its called 'the best friends guide to babies' it talks about everything i have been feeling and its made me feel so much better. i guess i really should go to some mother and baby classes so that i can share experiences and **** and realise that i am actually being normal.

On the plus side, we are on day 4 of 'The Bed Time Routine'.. today it took 45 minutes from bath to sleep.

Also, he hasnt wanted his dummy for 2 days now.

hes a good boy really.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #6150
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hey jocelyn I know the feeling about messing the kids about between homes, mine come back hating me coz they like to stay with daddy, they had a week together aand chloe came home saying she doesn't like daddy or nyree (the girlfriend) and she never wants to go there again. But I need a break sometimes from their monster antics.

Mand x

Old 22-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #6151
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Had my first dr's appointment today. I am so livid with my doctor its been the kick i needed to go and find myself someone useful. He spent the entire appointment telling me how bad it is that i didnt know when my last period was (uh its called a dating ultrasound - you guys never bothered to offer it to me?!) and saying its my own fault that my 10 week appointment was at 14 weeks, thus missing my 'first screening' (id asked as soon as i found out i was 12 not 8 weeks if i should rebook sooner and was told no) also when i asked what the first screening entailed/was for i was totally ignored. I had a list of questions to ask and managed to get ONE in ask he was walking out the door.
I'd asked since i work with animals (often restraining big dogs that buck around a lot) if i should still be doing that or was there a weight limit on the type of dog i should deal with. He shrugged and said 'avoid dogs' (literally just that) he tried to leave again and i said id need a note to not do my job so he types up a note 'the above patient is to have no contact with animals for now' im like...i work with cats, and reptiles and the only time im in any danger (in my opinion) is doing the exams/restraining them for euthanasia so that note makes no sense and says i cant do any of my job... he shrugged again and walked out.
I also mentioned i'd never had any kind of pelvic exam and he explained nothing at all and tbh i really hurt down there now too and i have zero clue if thats normal. I did the blood tests i was supposed to do then came home and cried...i feel so defeated :(

Oh yeah and i got home and one of the cats have pooped right in the middle of the living room floor - their litter boxes are clean and not a single thing has changed/happened to stress them out. ARGH.

Last edited by Childerbeast : 22-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #6152
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Hey guys! Sorry ive not been around much. I don't have a laptop anymore as its broken and have been insanely busy with work.

Congratulations to all those who are pregnant! Hope things are running okay for you all.

I've had a huge break through with Faith this past month. She's gone from a child who wouldn't eat any meat at all to a child who now eats chicken, turkey, fish, beef, sausages and has even started eating mince which she's refused since we started introducing lumps into her diet cause she choked on it. I am so proud of her. She hardly puts up a fuss now about eating her meals! We have also started potty training and she's been doing really well with that too. She went to nursery today and wore pants from when she got there until I picked her up with only one accident!

Charlie, how are you getting on with Oliver now? Is he settling down a bit better? Faith had really bad colic when she was Oliver's age and would only ever sleep on me. If you ever need any advice, just message me on Facebook. I can also give you my mobile number if it'll help. Know how hard it is about conflicting views with mums! Mine still decides to do different to what I say with Faith.

Hope you're all well
Xxxxxx

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #6153
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i vote you find yourself a new doctor!

I dont know much about animals but you should absolutely for the next 7 months avoid changing the cats litter tray or dealing with their waste at all as it may contain toxoplasmosis.

I had no idea when my last period was either.. i never kept track cos we were using contraception so i wasnt expecting to be pregnant!

Old 23-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #6154
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Exactly where i was at. Despite me explaining to hubby that risk of toxo was minimal unless i was planning on eating the cats poop, plus if i was gonna get it i prolly already had it based on a year of cleaning hundreds of litter pans every day, he still has taken on the task that is that cats poop boxes (so i have dutifully left the poop in the living floor for him :) Its gross anyway. I have glared copiously at the cats tho)
i was doing the same thing we were using protection and my period kinda just comes when it comes (and my cramps always started 24 hours before) so i never had a need to keep track of when the heck it was. but i am positive there's no way it wasnt around for over two months before i noticed so i must have had an extra one since i was preggo - again, dating ultrasounds exsist for a reason. My doc is clearly incapable...do not trust him at all. Ive applied for a midwife center who also have a birthing center and 24 hour appointments and on call people for delivery so maybe i can be in a better situation after all of this...

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #6155
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Charlie - Let us know how it goes with the osteo. Definitely get yourself to some mum and baby groups, they can feel a bit awkward at first but you'll soon start chatting away about baby poo, feeding, sick etc...! You suddenly have a lot in common with women you had nothing in common with before! Baby massage groups are lovely Children centres will have loads of groups for you, check them out while your mums with you maybe?

Me and Ethan's dad have different views on almost everything (money being a major one!) but it always depends on whether he's being amicable or not, he's very manipulative so I have to be careful. He's being nice atm but that's probably because I've had Ethan lots and haven't 'challenged' him for a while! There's always hope he'll change though, and grow into a decent man and dad.

Mandy- I didn't realise you weren't with their dad anymore, It's nice that you have them most of the time, but also get a break now and again. Did Chloe say why she didn't like it or want to go back? Ethan said similar once and it was because his dad was feeling miserable and stayed in bed constantly so didn't take him to the park or anything (luckily nanna was available for this!) It's hard because you want/need the break but equally don't want to send your child somewhere they really don't want to go.

Sharli - Midwives rule! So glad you've chosen to go with them The way your doctor acted is disgusting! WTF was he walking out the door before you?! Sounds like he shouldn't be working with people IMO.

I'd say avoid animals that can kick you in the abdomen harder than a struggling toddler would, if that makes sense. With the cats, if you must change the litter trays at all use gloves and wash your hands and the gloves thoroughly afterwards. You didn't say you work with sheep or lambs but if you do them you need to avoid them at lambing times.

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #6156
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Sam View Post
Has it been warm Becky? just Elliot always sleeps extra when its a warm day. Or she could be having a little growth spurt or getting over one. Babies change their routine quite often so i wouldnt worry about it.
it has been warm, but its been warmer. she is back to normal today! its probably the end of a growth spurt then, she only put on 5oz this weeks rather than the 9-10oz she's been putting on every week so far.
thanks, im such a paranoid first mum!!

charlie, mine dont say that, mine look like the IV drip bags, with the measuring marks, name/amount, date and time!

hope it all works out Jocelyn!

Sharli, that doctor sounds like a total idiot! hope you get on better with the midwives :)

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 23-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #6157
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

i bought a sleeping bag today, it gets really cold in the early hours and madam just won't keep her blanket on!

pretty much as soon as i put it on, she kicks it off then lays on it so i cant put it back on without waking her up!!
cheeky thing!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 24-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #6158
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Jocelyn the way they behave i'd rather not have them as much even a couple of days a wweekmwould help, but with schools and work it would have to be weekends. He moved so far away he can't afford to see them more often, I spent hours looking for affordable accomodation near us, he chose to go there, and he has all the power. He doesn't talk to me, and cancels things at the last minute and casually forgets to tell mme that ahead of the first time he took the kids (rather than visited) that he'd moved his girlfriend in and had bought 2 kittens, also he told tthe kids she was pregnant but has yet to tell me, although I actually knew before due to a friend who still has him on fb.

Mand x

Old 24-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #6159
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Becky we used them with Elliot from the start as he moves about the bed a lot. So much easier. Maybe have more than one in case she is sick on it.

Something Special.

Old 24-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #6160
squirrelspit

I am currently:

We use the sleeping bags, they have some really nice ones in tk Maxx and they're less than a tenner.

Mand, that sounds so complicated (and vaguely like an episode of Jeremy Kyle).

Does anyone have any tip on how to conduct myself and mother and baby groups and what they usually comprise of? Im so shy I can imagine just standing in the corner pretending to be looking at stuff on my phone.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)