RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #18501
Disneyland

I am currently:

*wave* I just got diagnosed with BPD like, yesterday. I never really considered the fact that I might have it, but I guess it makes sense. I'm currently on anti-depressants, a mood stabilizer, and anti-anxiety meds. I'm just worried that I'm suddenly among the throngs of people who are over-diagnosed with it. I almost thing they just diagnosed me because they didn't know whether or not it was bipolar II or not, and they figured they should slap some sort of label on. The facts seems to fit me, though. I can certainly identify with it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself to the thread! I'll be lurking, if not posting. :)

Someone give me Disneyland
Take me there to Disneyland
And when I get to Disneyland
I'll stay!

Disneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #18502
DannieGirl
Dannie

I am currently:

hey disneyland and kits,

welcome to the thread, people on here are very supportive, so i'm sure you'll get the support you need.

kits, can't yu ask for a second opinion, or even ask your psych why you've been diagnosed with bpd? and express that you feel you don't fit the diagnosis.

disneyland, i have noticed people are increasingly being diagnsed with bpd...like a couple of years ago bi-plar was almost a fashionable diagnosis as it were. though i know what you mean with the bi polar or not thing.. even when i was in the child and adolescent mental health services they were juggling with bp and bpd... i was diagnosed with ptsd (which i didn't know about untill i say a risk assessment/care plan of mine 2 years ago), depression, anxiety and social anxiety... when i turned 19 i was diagnosed with bpd with bi polar traits...though 18 months before that they wanted to put me on lithium and i refused, so they put me on quetiapine.

how is everybody today?

http://fairly-odd-dannie.blogspot.co.uk/

http://fairlyodddannie.wordpress.com

DannieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #18503
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Hi disneyland how are you

Kit- no one here can possible answer that, they must have given it for a reason, have you asked them? or ask for another opinion? You dont need to have all of the criteria to be diagnosed.

Dannie - hello, long time no speak lol

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #18504
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Kitty, I too feel like I have been labelled with BPD just because I self harm although I do meet some of the other criteria. I have also experienced being treated with disrespect because of my diagnosis. As Dannie said, you should ask why you have been diagnosed with BPD, you are entitled to an explanation.

Disneyland, welcome to the thread. I hope you post more than you lurk, it would be good to get to know you.

Dannie, how are you today?

Mari, how are you?

I'm still feeling the urge to cut and overdose but i'm trying hard not to act on it. I'm also feeling a bit stressed because i'll be moving house soon and I have to do it on my own.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #18505
dontwantyoutoknow
Melanie Jayne

I am currently:

QueenMedic - how's it going? Try making a timetable/rota/schedule or to-do lists; make it sensible so you can achieve it. Then tick things off as you complete them, and reward yourself in some way. Bath products are really good for stress, especially Lush or Avon. Video games that require stabbing keys in a temper also help me get my stress out.

Dannie - how are you feeling now?

Kit - if you don't feel you fit the diagnosis, point it out. You don't have to accept what drs say all the time, and they are sometimes wrong. Ask for a re-assessment and/or a second opinion.

Disneyland - *hugs* How are you coping with your diagnosis? Do you want some book titles, or to ask us any questions about it?

Laura (disappear) - You said your ED was coming back. I'm here if you want to talk, or link me to threads via PM etc.

I'm still feeling rubbish. I don't really know why. Everything just seems pointless. I don't know. I have a lot to do though, so I'll just keep busy I guess.

RYL Family:
Sister Bear : Lozza
Soul Sister : CrazyHayley

dontwantyoutoknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #18506
DannieGirl
Dannie

I am currently:

thanks everyone for asking how i am, not feeling great and my cpn has only in the last week been back, i had a temp one whilst she was off, but the temp one left on the 21st and i've only got a text from my normal cpn... she's doing less that part time hours.. i haven't seen or spoken to anyone in ages... been keeping my self as busy as possible today... manically cleaned the kitchen and hoovered all of the house, then went food shopping...now i'm back...just having some late lunch and might have a nap...

hey bleedingangel *waves*

Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #18507
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step

I am currently:

Hey everyone *waves*

How are you all?

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #18508
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi Kat, how are you?

I'm feeling like i'm just existing and i'm fed up with it.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #18509
youonlyliveonce

hiya hope everyones ok

i think ive decided to take a year out after i finish my degree next year and then wait to do my pgce give my time to fully recover. but i dont know if this is the correct decision or not..

Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #18510
DannieGirl
Dannie

I am currently:

i know what you mean onestepcloser... i feel exactly the same way =\

hey kitkat, how are you?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #18511
Whispered Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by youonlyliveonce View Post
hiya hope everyones ok

i think ive decided to take a year out after i finish my degree next year and then wait to do my pgce give my time to fully recover. but i dont know if this is the correct decision or not..
Did you take a gap year before starting your degree? If you didn't, I think taking a gap year now would be a really good thing to do. Give you a break from education for a bit, have time to recover, and also have time to see a bit of the real world and gain experience before you go into the classroom. I think getting personal growth before going into a profession like teaching is almost essential, because you then have the life skills to help young people develop.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #18512
hellz

I am currently:

Hey everyone how are you all? I've not been around for a while but I've been lurking.

No comment

hellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #18513
beautifulpain

I am currently:

kinda confused... just been diagnosed :\

beautifulpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #18514
Disneyland

I am currently:

Thanks for such a warm welcome, everyone! I researched it some more on the internet, and it does feel like it's completely me. I almost laughed when I saw one site say something like "Terrified of abandonment"-- that is totally me. I think I'm feeling more confident in this diagnosis.

I kept having the desire to destroy my body today. The feeling only lasted for like, 5 minutes though. It's so weird. Then I chilled out. Maybe yoga instigates mood swings? Lol.

dontyouwanttoknow - Book titles would be great! Thanks you. *hugs back*
Dannie - Yeah, that's why I was worried about the diagnosis. I don't want to have a fashionable diagnosis. I'm too much of a hipster. *grin*
onestepcloser - That sounds reasonable. I took a year off, and it helped a lot.
kit - *waves*
beautifulpain - I shouldn't really be a welcomer since I'm new, too, haha. It is kinda confusing though.

Someone give me Disneyland
Take me there to Disneyland
And when I get to Disneyland
I'll stay!

Disneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #18515
DannieGirl
Dannie

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulpain View Post
kinda confused... just been diagnosed :
what are you confused about hun? want to know anything? you'll get lots of support from these lovely people =)

Old 12-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #18516
MedicAsh
The Silent Medic

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwantyoutoknow View Post
QueenMedic - how's it going? Try making a timetable/rota/schedule or to-do lists; make it sensible so you can achieve it. Then tick things off as you complete them, and reward yourself in some way. Bath products are really good for stress, especially Lush or Avon. Video games that require stabbing keys in a temper also help me get my stress out.
I am doing ok. I keep trying to tell myself that it will all be ok. I feel bad because I went and spend lots of money that I didnt have. SO now I am stressed about that. I am one that "stress shops" as I call it. I just cant wait until this is all over!

*Ash*
*Proud Plumeria Sister*

MedicAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #18517
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step

I am currently:

Dannie - Hey I'm fine thanks, how are you?

beautifulpain - welcome to the thread *waves*

Disneyland - I know what you mean about the rapid mood swings. One day I will be crying, the next day I will be almost manic. Friends often ask me if I'm okay cos sometimes I just go into overdrive.

QueenMedic - Glad to hear you're doing okay (:

Hope everyone's well today (:

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #18518
beautifulpain

I am currently:

Disneyland hey, *welcomes too*

DannieGirl I don't know... its just a confusing diagnosis, I guess I just don't know too much about it. I was hoping to find some books on it or something, help me understand more. Also I'm kind of gutted that the psych said this is a lifelong thing so I'm stuck with it and thats theres no real treatment. I was kinda hoping of a way out of all this ...

*sigh* I don't know...

beautifulpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #18519
Whispered Secret

Beautiful plan - There is a way out of bpd. Although it's more a case of learning to live with it, and learning how to deal with its effects. Over time symptoms lessen until you can reach a point where you probs wouldn't be diagnosed with it anymore. Well that's what I have been told.

Even if yu had been diagnosed with something else like bipolar or schizophrenia or whatever, you'd still have that forever. You'd still be on meds for the rest of your life. At least with borderline there is a lot more chance that it can dissipate.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #18520
dontwantyoutoknow
Melanie Jayne

I am currently:

Books:
* Sometimes I Act Crazy - Kreisman and Straus
* The BPD Survival Guide - Chapman Gratz
* BPD Demystified - Robert O'Friedel
*BPD for Dummies

http://www.bpdworld.org/

RYL Family:
Sister Bear : Lozza
Soul Sister : CrazyHayley

dontwantyoutoknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)