RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
ImperfectMe
Messy Creation

I am currently:
Triggering (OD) - I wasn't quite sure where to post this...

But I thought here would be the best place.

In the last 6 months, as well as SH, I've been using lots of drugs and alcohol to escape reality. I know it's bad, but I don't know who to talk too about it. My parents would kill me if they knew, my friends already know I'm a bit out of control, but they can't really do anything about it. When ever I go to parties the same thing always ends up happening, no matter how much I try to not touch drugs or booze. I know I'm too young to be doing this stuff, but I really don't know how to stop. Any advice would be really appreciated. I'm getting desperate...

Thanks
xxx

and there she goes with her head in the clouds again, ignoring the drama and chasing her dreams. because to her, reality is a stranger.

ImperfectMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

I was in a bit of a situation like yours... yet a little different. I was very addicted to painkillers after a shoulder surgery I had. I cant lie to you... coming off of any drug you have taken overa period of time will be difficult and will take time.

You are most likely addicted to the drugs that you are doing. If you truly want to stop try lowering your doses very little at a time to reduce the withdrawal symptoms. If you are addicted (or taking) more then one drug, do it one drug at a time. Obviously it would be best if you had a doctor guiding you through this, but I also very much understand the situation that you are in. Maybe you dont have to tell your family... but what about a good friend or someone at school? Although do beware that if you do tell someone of authority they may be legally obligated to tell your family do to your age.

I really hope that you get better. And that you will be able to get through this. I hate to tell you but it will be very difficult to do on your own. If you need anything, my pm box is always open. Also I am going to give you a link to the Substance Abuse Forums where you will find a lot more people able to realte to you.

*hugs*

Good Luck and Stay Strong
x Kate

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Kate gave you some really good advice - can I ask, how old are you? I don't know if it's possible but getting some kind of professional help to get you through this without relapsing back into the addiction might be really useful to you as well - could you go to your GP and maybe ask to be referred to someone that can help? Something like Alcoholics Anonymous or an equivalent for drug addiction could be an idea as well. There's also the "Talk to Frank" thing in the UK - I don't know how helpful it is but it's meant to be for helping people with drug problems [phone number: 0800 77 66 00].

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience with the situation but I hope that something I've said may help, and good luck!

Em x

change
everything you are
and everything you were

ickle-duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
rainbow.love
imperfection<3

I am currently:

I know how you're feelin, i went through a time period like that too.
my suggestions, mainly cause im young too, and when i tryed to stop myself..i didnt go to my parents or any support groups or anything [im stubborn like that, i always feel the need to fix things that ive broughten upon myself on my own]
my suggestion: do you h ave any friends youve know for like, a long time? friends that you go waaay back with, and maybe didnt get into the drug and alcohol scene? when i was trying to stop, i basically surrounded myself around my friends from elementary school, people im still friends with now who never got into that scene..and who still knew "how to have fun being sober" and all that stufff. Im not sure if it will help you, but i know it helped me. its a good distraction, hanging out with them occupies your time and your mind.. for the most part.

then as far as not knowing who to talk to..id be more than happy to talk to you about it, i know exactly how you feel and what your going through.

anyways, i hope this has helped, even a little bit.
feel free to give me a shout and PM me at ANY time..id be happy to talk to you <3

with much love,
Season xo

rainbow.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

hey hun, sounds like a really tough situation, though the fact that you actually realise that you are in a bad place and want to get yourself out of it before it's too late is so so positive. I think you will definitely need sone kind of support to get you through while you come off the drugs and stop/lower your alcohol intake, but of course at the end of the day it is on your shoulders, and i am sure you do have the strength to pull yourself through this-just might be a helluva lot easier and quicker to have some kind of support. as others have suggested, maybe talk to trusted friends or if at all possible your parents-at the end of the day they will come to terms with whatever you tell them, they are there to help you in the most difficult parts of your life as well as to be proud of you in the successful happy parts. I am sure they would rather know now and help you than find out years later if something bad happened to you.
another option is your doctor-they are completely confidential unless there are very exceptionalo circumstances and i can see no reason why they would have to inform anybody-but you woiuld have to check that out further.
take care, listen to the ace advice of those above and maybe take some of my wafflings into account,
katy
xxx

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #6
ImperfectMe
Messy Creation

I am currently:

Thanks everyone, and ickle-duckling, I'm 14. I'm going to meet up with some friends who aren't into drugs and drugs and stuff before the next party I go to, so if I do start taking anything they can stop me. I'm considering calling a helpline or seeing a doctor if that doesnt work.

xxx

and there she goes with her head in the clouds again, ignoring the drama and chasing her dreams. because to her, reality is a stranger.

ImperfectMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)