RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Emily The Strange

I am currently:
work assessment

i had a work assessment today following a couple of days off due to panic attacks and anxiety. i expected a return to work and then when i got there i had my manager, a duty mamanger and the hr manager. i was totally unawares of what was about to happen. it started ok, pretty normal and then at the end of the return to work they pulled out another pack of paper and started asking questions about my mental heath. whats wrong with me? am i on any meds? do i have a good support network at home? i jus sat there and said as little as i could. i was totally embarrassed. its bad enough my family and close friends knowing i have mental health problems let alone whole work place. once they had finished asking thier questions i was free to leave and they assured me that nothing would leave this room, i know thats not the case. i swear they only did it to be nosey. i bet ill be the talk of the coffee room for a while. like i havent got enough to worry about.

anyways the pont of this was to ask if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them, if u think im over reacting, or they truthfully are out of order for putting me through it.
any advice on what to do next would also be gratefully recieved.

Emily The Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
wake up

I am currently:

They have a duty of care to look after your health, mental as well as physical.

They will probably be looking to see if its your work that is causing you stress, any ways in which they can reduce it.

If they have a better understanding of what is going on for you then they are in a better position to help, time off for any appointments etc.

And i suppose (the cynical point of view), they have to be careful of discrimination laws. If they/you have identified you as having mental health problems, they need to look at any reasonable adjustments they should make.

But it should be confidential, not something to be discussed in the coffee room.

wake up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Emily The Strange

I am currently:

im feeling better about the situation today as i had another chat with my duty manager, hes such a nice guy. he says that they arre trying to make things easier for me as they have been told that im struggling and its due to work.

im not sure if its my paranoia but everyone seems to be looking at me funny and there is definitely an increase in people asking me if im ok, people that would usually even look at me. i guess i should care but it bugs me. cant stand people knowing my business. not evem my family know what s going on with me so they cant expect me to answer honestly.

Emily The Strange is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)