Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #1
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:
BPD & Medical ID

Hi,
I have been diagnosed with BPD, and am well aware that those with the disorder can be impulsive. I was wondering if I was in a situation and was impulsive and did something very harmful to myself, would it be a good idea to have one of those medical ID apps on my phone which explain I have BPD and an anxiety disorder with a list of medications I'm on? Like so if I'm in that much of a state or unable to give them information for whatever reason.

I mean I'm on Fluoxetine and I know SSRI's can have a lot of interactions with many different drugs. If my Boyfriend had to take me to hospital or something, and they asked him what meds I was on he wouldn't have a clue! He wouldn't remember them all.

Does anyone else keep a medical ID on their phone on in their bag for emergencies, or don't you think it's needed unless you have a a medical problem which isn't mental health related?

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 07:26 AM   #2
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I have medical ID for my autism. I agree that you should have medical ID for your BPD, it's very reasonable.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

I have a medical ID for mental health problems, including BPD. Its a condition which may require those around you to help in an emergency so it's probably a good idea.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I have a medic alert tag on my Pandora necklace. Although my primary diagnosis is schizophrenia I have dissociation on it. If I am in a dissociated state and I end up in a police cell/hospital I will become very distressed on how I got there.

If you buy it from MedicAlert direct they give you a card with your diagnosis to put in your wallet. I would definitely consider getting a tag with bpd on it.

Also like you I got it due to medication issues. Due to the medication I am on I can't be given certain painkillers. Although my parents know that I am on medication they don't know what ones I am on.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 18-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

If you have an iPhone there is a medical alert button on the standby screen that you can fill in with diagnosis, medication, date of birth and next of kin that you can call. You fill it in via the health app.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)