RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-02-2021, 11:17 PM   #1
xlaurenx

I am currently:
Uni and mental health.

So just after some advice from you people.

I am off to uni this year. Whoop!!! Yes,it's very exciting however I am slightly..... very worried about me relapsing I regards.to my mental health. It's worse with stress..
I show signs of bpd and when I get stressed or start getting.unwell I turn to unhealthy ways to cope to deal with the stress, low mood and thoughts. Generally this means I end up in hospital, end up off sick from work ( which makes me feel worse) and it's a downward spiral. Until I realise or see that unless I get help I will end up in a bad way.

There is a plan of things get worse for me to have support via a cmht or from the dbt team. However last time I spoke to crisis about this. I was told I am doing okay and unless the risks increase I don't require that level of support. Which sounds.positive. But I have a habit of bottling things up and then exploding and in a way crisis saying that is almost like.i.dont need to aak.for help unless i.am really really struggling.

Fully aware I am rambling now... my question is how.do I go about uni and keep my mh stable? Or on Track?

xlaurenx is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-02-2021, 02:04 AM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

If you are U.K. based. I strongly recommend you look into DSA support. Also let your uni know as they have a duty of care to you.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)