RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-07-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
OkieDokie

I am currently:
Can't get him off my mind

Hi guys, I just needed to get this out. There’s this guy that I know from high school. I haven’t seen him for years, but we talk on the net every now and then. We spoke on the internet a few nights ago, and reminisced about some stuff that happened between us when we were at school. We had feelings for each other, but never ended up getting together, because I didn’t have the guts to break up with my boyfriend at the time. He said he remembers more about me than most other people, and that he still has some love note that I gave him (I can't even remember writing one). Anyway, talking him brought back all these memories, and I can’t stop thinking about him. It all happened so long ago, and I don’t think he’s the same person he was back then.

I considered telling him about my feelings, but decided against it. I couldn't if he was joking or what. It’s pretty pointless, seeing as he’s recently moved to Glasgow and I’m still in Australia. He said he’s coming back to Australia early next year, which confuses me even more, because a part of me wants to wait for him; however, I highly doubt he has any feelings for me at all. Plus I don’t think I’m in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship right now.

I’m just frustrated because I keep thinking about him. I can’t even sit down and study without being distracted! I’m trying my hardest to get over all this stuff in the past and move forward, but it seems everything, even the little things, keep catching up to me.

Sorry for the rant. I keep trying to distract myself, but nothing really seems to work. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein :)

OkieDokie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-07-2007, 04:29 AM   #2
SilverWings
Wings of Silver

I am currently:

It's hard when old flames come back, I have sympathy for you.

I think you're doing the right thing by not telling him you still feel these things about him. Maybe you don't even feel these things?? Maybe you're just emotionally vulnerable or looking for something good to hold onto. Who knows??

The best thing to do is distract yourself, it's like when a break-up happens almost because you can't get the person out of your head but you don't want to contact them and that's where you are now. The best solution is distraction, distraction, distraction. Yes it's hard and it doesn't always work but that's the best advice I can give you right now. Be strong and remember that feelings can be exaggerated not only by your current situation but by memories seeming better than they were.

Hope this helps, take care. :)

I'm heaven sent. Don't you dare forget.

SilverWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 05:38 AM   #3
Putain
Vlad the impala

Hey maybe give it a while, see if he shows any more interest? I'm not going to say nothing could happen of it, because i don't know what's inthe bloke's head. Waiting for him seems a bit strong, but i don't know how long your relationships tend to last.

good luck for the best possible outcome.

Putain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
OkieDokie

I am currently:

Hey guys, thanks for replying. It all seems a bit silly now that I've read over it. I've come to the conclusion that I've got too many other things to worry about, so I guess I'll just carry on with my life and let whatever happen happen.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein :)

OkieDokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)