RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #1141
rach

I am currently:

Aww, two welcomes in such a short space of time, thank you!
It seems like there's a pretty deep conversation going on, and I haven't really anything to add so I'll just lurk for the time being :)

rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #1142
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

*joins the lurking*
Aquatickitten, I'm praying for you.
I'm praying that the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

and on a more personal note, and in the spirit of honesty...
I'm struggling right now.
This move to college has been hard on me [i'm only 16]...
I have not cut, but I've been wearing a wristband so that I don't have to see my scars...

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #1143
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*snuggles* glad you havent cut dear <3
i'll be praying

err yeah i cant really say the same =\ and i can feel my head slipping back into stupid ed mindset too and i feel like it'd be so so so much easier to just give in but i know thats not good so if you guys could pray i dont end up giving in to all this crap =\

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #1144
Freedom Fighter

its this dumb school!

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #1145
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

rach: Me too. :D

I'll be praying for you all.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #1146
Freedom Fighter

yay for the love fest *hugs and prayer to all*

I must have you!"

Old 15-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #1147
TheSuffererComplex
Recovering, one moment at a time

I am currently:

Hey guys, just an update. I have been roaming around the local churches on campus on Sunday, and I went to an evening mass at the catholic center here on campus. I have to say it was quite awesome. I do bible study on Tuesday, late night prayer on Thursday night, and worship on Friday nights. I feel like I am living in the presence of the Holy Spirit on this campus :)

TheSuffererComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #1148
Nineflyz

I am currently:

was looking at revelation the other day at church and our pastor spoke about going back to our first love. i think of everything that has happened since i first became a christian and i really struggle to see god's love in all of it. i really want to desire him and have that passion that i once had but am finding it really difficult. like i think if god really loved me then why won't he take my struggles away or provide some1 to help me like i've been asking.

any advice, any1 else ever feel like this?

Freedom from addiction, freedom from pain. The suffering is worth the life I live now.

Nineflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #1149
aquatickitten

I am currently:

hugs for everyone. salanna, i'm in the same boat. this is my first year of college too. i haven't had panic attacks for years, and i'm off all medication, but i had one today in my statistics class, because I got an 80 on a quiz. It was the stupidest thing...I just felt like I had no control over my life, and I was going to fail no matter what I did. I'm so used to getting partial credit in math class, and I know I had all the formulas right...I just switched the numbers around, and now I'm worried that i'm going to fail this class because i'm numerically dyslexic, and then i won't be able to go to med school, and...etc, etc.. I know it's silly, and I feel ridiculous for getting like this. I feel weak. I know a good deal of it is from feeling trapped in my current situation at church, but still...there's no excuse for me to be falling apart like this...the last few days I've been tempted to cut, too, which is unusual for me anymore, after making it almost 10 months. on the bright side my best friend / adopted sister is coming home this weekend, hopefully, and we're going to a church that i have loved every time i've been there. i'm in need of some tlc :) i'm praying for all of you and am very glad you are all praying for me.

and now, to borrow...

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

...Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

--paul to the church at corinth.

we can make it, guys. i thank god for all of you here, that we can encourage each other and pray for one another. i think this is closer to church than my physical church is at the moment, and fellowship is a wonderful gift to have recieved.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #1150
aquatickitten

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineflyz View Post
was looking at revelation the other day at church and our pastor spoke about going back to our first love. i think of everything that has happened since i first became a christian and i really struggle to see god's love in all of it. i really want to desire him and have that passion that i once had but am finding it really difficult. like i think if god really loved me then why won't he take my struggles away or provide some1 to help me like i've been asking.

any advice, any1 else ever feel like this?
Yeah, I've felt like that a lot. I think what I've learned over time is that you can't force love to be there. It is, naturally, even if you don't feel it--we instinctively love the one who made us. It's kind of like the way we instinctively love our parents. With parents, it can get messy. You'll find kids who are being abused and still only want their parents to love them, and it's heartbreaking. The good news is that God's not like that, even if it may seem that way. Take a deep breath and try to relax, you aren't going to fix this on your own. Talk to God about it. As for the rest, often times we try to blame God for things that are soley the fault of humanity. why won't he take away your struggles, or provide someone to help? i don't know the exact reason, but i do know that he knows what's best for you, and that he loves you beyond what you understand. once again, it's like a parent...a kid will never learn to ride a bike if the parent doesn't let go and let the kid fall a few times. he still loves you. but no one ever said that being a christian would make life easy or pleasant--quite the opposite. jesus promised pain and persecution and all sorts of other nasty things (go read the beatitudes). it happens if you live on planet earth, and it isn't fun, but god can take all the nasty stuff that would be happening anyway and use it for a good cause--to purify you like silver (check out the first chapter of isaiah). so i don't know what exactly is going on in your life, i'm here if you want to pm me and talk about specifics, but i promise that god is still there, still holding you throuhg all this, and that good will come out of it in the end. he loves you. we love you too, and we're here for you, struggling through life next to you. he's got everything under control. it's all gonna turn out ok (which you know if you've been reading revelations :) ). if you don't mind some reading, try paul's letters. the guy went through a lot, and talks about the dynamics of the christian life and how god makes it all work--specifically, together for the good of all those who trust in him...;)

Old 15-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #1151
pineapple016

Hey guys i'm sorry feel like all i ever do is ask for help/ prayer around here *hangs head* but i promise i do read everything and pray for you all even if i dont actually say it. Here goes again though...I'm in big need of someone to talk to about sex type stuff and God. If anyone is pretty wise about it/ thinks they could help me/ just give me some advice please please pm me and if not then some prayer that i can sort my head out would be great thank you!
and hi rach :)

'The nights of crying your eyes out give way to the days of laughter' Psalm 30 v 5

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference.
'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost

But what's the point of this armour,
if it keeps the love away too?

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #1152
Freedom Fighter

*throws a dyslexia party for aquatic kitten* i had the same thoughts all through geo last year. math sucks and dosent work when you turn 809 into 890 i no this for a fact

I must have you!"

Old 15-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #1153
aquatickitten

I am currently:

lol i get a dyslexia party :) i'm feeling better, or at least less overwhelmed. i talked to my former accountability partner (former because she went away to college and we both got busy...but we still talk occasionally, and seem to be good at giving each other a new perspective). as usual, God worked it out so that she had just what i need. she had been reading a book, and just finished a chapter on what to look for in a fellowship group. she read the list for me and i was able to identify some of the reasons *why* i feel like my current group is the wrong one. i'm going to wait and see how this sunday goes, when i go to the other church, before i make a descision...they'll be angry/hurt if i leave, and i don't like conflict and don't want to deal with it, but i'm starting to think that me leaving may really be what's best for all involved. i love them all, but this isn't working. having that figured out and surrendered to God's will in this situation is bringing a peace that i haven't felt in some time now. (see, look, prayer works ;) )

Old 15-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #1154
Freedom Fighter

hex yes you do after all Christianity is "love movement" (im a shameless hack) god gives you just what you need when you need it the most.

In other news home coming is this friday and my bffs both have dates. I dont so im not going.

I must have you!"

Old 15-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #1155
flying_kiwifruit

I am currently:

Prayer Request please. My Mum wants me to give her all my blades so she can throw them away or lock them up. I have already told her I don't want to give them to her, just pray she will drop the subject before she really gets annoying about it, I'm not ready to give my blades away, and i feel like she is forcing me to do something I dont want to do.

flying_kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #1156
squiggles

I am currently:

Hi,
Just poped in to say hello. Sorry I'm not around much guys, if you ever need prayer please PM me. I respond better to PM's I don't get the chance to come on the site much but pick up PM's when they come through on my email.
Anyway, you're in my prayers, may the Lord protect you. You are the apple of his eye, He loves you.
God Bless.
Liz

squiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 01:50 AM   #1157
Freedom Fighter

hugs to you flying kiwifruit

I must have you!"

Old 16-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #1158
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

flying kiwifruit: Try to explain to your mother about how you're not ready yet. She shouldn't force you into anything.

Praying for you.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #1159
aquatickitten

I am currently:

flying kiwifruit, i'm praying for you. i don't know all the details and i can't promise that things will work out exactly how you are hoping, but i can promise that God is in control of the whole situation. if she does try to take your blades from you, take a deep breath and try not to panic. god's there and we're here for you, whatever happens.

for the record...you guys are all great :) thanks for praying for me. God's seen fit to smother me with love the last two days, and I feel much better! just this morning, I was leaving work...one of my jobs is 7-9 every weekday morning, working for the public schools watching elementary school kids before school starts...and just as I was leaving, my little sister's bus pulled up and she came running off and gave me a big hug. In front of all her friends and classmates :) Even though she's 10. I'm still grinning like a...really happy person. It was like she was saying, "You're my big sister and I love you and I'm not embarrassed of you, actually I'm so happy to have you as my sister I want everyone to know!" :D So I'm just really happy. And God is really good, and knows exactly what we need. :D

Old 16-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #1160
Freedom Fighter

yay aquatickitten

I must have you!"

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)