RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #581
Batteries Not Included

I am currently:

One thing you CAN say is "I'll awlays be here for you. I care about you and love you and I'll help you. I'll even go through the relapses with you. Just please try to stop."

^This is what's maing me quit. My friend said that more or less

Sorry about kinda going off topic...

Batteries Not Included is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #582
Annapocalypse

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile as glass View Post
I don't understand people having therapy sessions with their psychiatrists. I thought in the UK we had therapy sessions with a qualified counsellor or therapist and reviews on a set time basis with our psychiatrists (my psychiatrist usually sees me only once every three months (even on a 117) ) I thought only the USA did the psychiatrist/therapist thing?

Can anyone enlighten me? I must add that I had the same experience under CAMHS as I have the adult system.
I have talking sessions with my psychiatrist (I'm in the UK). I refuse to see counsellors, as in my experience, they like to pretend they're more qualified than they actually are. At least psychiatrists are proper doctors and know what they're talking about. They can also sort out medications etc, which as far as I'm concerned is the only way for me to get better.

Annapocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #583
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annapocalypse View Post
I have talking sessions with my psychiatrist (I'm in the UK). I refuse to see counsellors, as in my experience, they like to pretend they're more qualified than they actually are. At least psychiatrists are proper doctors and know what they're talking about. They can also sort out medications etc, which as far as I'm concerned is the only way for me to get better.
First, thank you for answering me - for a while there I didn't think I'd get any replies! I understand your reluctance to see a counsellor if you have had negative experiences.

I hope I can reassure you that although some counsellors are assholes, they all have rigorous training to become counsellors. I trained and worked my butt off for three years before I could be a counsellor. It's what the counsellor does with their training after qualifying as to how good or bad they are. Unfortunately it is the arrogant few who give the hardworking rest of us a bad name.

Take care and I hope that whatever help you receive it works for you. Thats the main thing! : )

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #584
DustyChica

I am currently:

I had a weird conversation with someone recently about tattoos and scars . . . I'm at uni to become a teacher, and I said something like "I'd love to get a tattoo on my wrist, but I don't want to have to cover it up at school all the time." To which they replied "Why does it matter? You've already got scars, you're gonna have to cover those up too."

Asklasdaksjdksaldnasmdalddf. <.< People are so irritating.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

DustyChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #585
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:

I didn't even know this person, but I had to change my jacket because it was soaked, and she saw my arms and said "Are you trying to be cool? No one actually does that!" She was sneering at me, and I was just stuck going "who the hell are you??"

"Alright, gang. I'll ignore that some of you are late... if you ignore that I'm the latest."

Rilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #586
Billy!

I am currently:

Not exactly innapropriate, but-today in college I was low and was speaking to my tutor about it, she knows I SH and asked if I had blades on me, I decided to be honest and say yes, she asked if she could have them for the day, and give me them back when it was time to go home, so that I couldn't self harm while in college. I agreed to this as I trust her, but when it got to the end of the day she refused to give me my blades back because she can't let me self harm. Grr!

You're mad, bonkers, off your head.
But let me tell you something; All the best people are-Alice in wonderland.

All hail the almighty google!
Minnie_Mouse and Saxophone are my fellow wise searchers <3

Billy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #587
gtfbbz

I am currently:

I hate it when people see your scars and say "What the hell is that?" - it's pretty damn obvious what it is. Like if you seen someone on the street who had maybe been a victim of knife crime and had a scar across their face you wouldn't say "OMG WHAT IS THAT?" - cause again, it's obvious what it is.

I hate it as well when your friends say "If you feel like your going to cut yourself, can you please call me?" - Like when you're about to self harm, the last thing you're going to do is pick up the phone. I don't know about anyone else, but before I cut myself my body goes all numb and I feel so much anger that it's as if my mind goes to a completely different place.

gtfbbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #588
gtfbbz

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilic View Post
I didn't even know this person, but I had to change my jacket because it was soaked, and she saw my arms and said "Are you trying to be cool? No one actually does that!" She was sneering at me, and I was just stuck going "who the hell are you??"

People say that to me constantly - it's like "Do you think that I think it's cool to take a blade to myself and cause a permanent reminder of a bad time in life?

Old 25-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #589
gtfbbz

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DresdenDoll View Post
My mum gave me a doozy recently - "You just do that because you're a virgin; you'd stop if you got laid."

I hate the "you just do it b/c" comments in general, it's like people think they know my reasons and then they invalidate them.

"So is it a goth thing?" is pretty bad too.
I think that was a terrible thing for your mum to say. It's almost as if she's encouraging you to lose your virginity. Not cool.

Old 26-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #590
unknowntoyou

I am currently:

nobodys ever said it in direction to me cause no one knows I SH but these are ones that they say infront of me:
'jheez. Do you want a razor blade with that status'
'wouldnt surprise me if theyre just attention seeking'
'how depressing can their life really be.. just get a grip'
'woah don't anger her, she'll shank herself'
(shank means stab for those who don't know btw) ... but yea. Precisely the reason why I don't tell no one "/

unknowntoyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #591
The Ashtray Girl
Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

I am currently:

Here's a recent quip from my mother:
"If I find that you are scratching again, I'll have you arrested."

She always refers to my cutting as scratching to make it seem like it's a trivial problem. I think she does it purposefully to get on my nerves.

The Trick Is To Keep Breathing

The Ashtray Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #592
getting_by
Roli

I am currently:

Thats ridiculous hun^^^ I'm sorry your mum isnt understanding or supportive.

Here's the day you hoped would never come,
Don't feed me violins, just run with me
through rows of speeding cars.
21 on the run, on the run, on the run
From myself, from myself and everyone
I better leave the light on
The darkness, The sweetness, The sadness, The weakness,
O, I need this
Hi, I'm Roli Take Care, Stay Safe, Shout if you need anything

getting_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #593
nataliefelton
you and i walk a fragile line.

I am currently:

This week, my mum saw some marks on the back of my wrist from my elastic band (i'm sorta trying to stop).
She said "Do you like hurting yourself?!" And I explained that it was a spare hair tie and she nodded. Then she said "But some older girls cut their wrists with knives because it feels good? It's horrible." I nodded and walked out. It was so awkward o.o

it's not that i'm scared, i'm just...really, really scared.

nataliefelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #594
DestinyAnne

I am currently:

Seriously happened..:

Dad, I have something to tell you..

What?

I... think I need help with something.. I cut myself.. I have been for a while.. and it is getting out of hand.. and I just want to stop.

Haha. You are an idiot. *walks away*

Thanks dad.. thanks for the help...

DestinyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #595
lost in dreams
got 100 steps to go but tonight i make it 99

I am currently:

"So i would give you some stitches but you obveously like the scaring."

and

"I wont bother giving a locol anasetic when i stitch you because you like the pain right?"

This was a long time ago now but it still really angers me that people like this can call them self doctors!

"The body faught to survive, it evacuated toxins in any way it knew how. It made clots to stop the bleeding.Bones would find the quickest ways to heal themselves. It made scar tissue. In the face of violence towards it, it would become violent. It was amazing, yet excruciating. "

lost in dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #596
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile as glass View Post
I don't understand people having therapy sessions with their psychiatrists. I thought in the UK we had therapy sessions with a qualified counsellor or therapist and reviews on a set time basis with our psychiatrists (my psychiatrist usually sees me only once every three months (even on a 117) ) I thought only the USA did the psychiatrist/therapist thing?

Can anyone enlighten me? I must add that I had the same experience under CAMHS as I have the adult system.
I was thinking the same.
When I first went to adult I saw my psych every week but not for therapy,was a regular check to make sure things were ticking along,or if things weren't.
All therapy I've had has been with psychologists/councellors,in my area psychiatrists are purely for check up/med change,cpns cover both psych/councellor jobs.
The psychiatrist covering my area would make the worst therapist ever!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.776412,-2.382219

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #597
lost in dreams
got 100 steps to go but tonight i make it 99

I am currently:

This more amused me then annoyed me but my dad tonight honestly turned around to me and said

"I cut my finger and work today; i honestly dont see what you see in it, it bloody hurt!"

I mean searously dad!

"The body faught to survive, it evacuated toxins in any way it knew how. It made clots to stop the bleeding.Bones would find the quickest ways to heal themselves. It made scar tissue. In the face of violence towards it, it would become violent. It was amazing, yet excruciating. "

lost in dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #598
WontGiveUp

I am currently:

My dad was verbally abusing my mom. I got pissed and told him to stop being such an "a#$%^&*". He told me to go cut myself.

You aren't your disorder. You are SOMEONE with a disorder. And... you can handle that.

WontGiveUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #599
silent_scars11

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiRei View Post
Boyfriend says to me - But its in the past now, you dont need to think about it.

It takes up almost every minute of my life. Thinking about doing it. Thinking about what people think looking at it. Seeing people on the streets with cuts that they show off. Not being able to stop looking at peoples arms to see if theyre doing it. Wishing i could do it right now. Wishing the scars wouldnt stay there. Hoping nobody sees how badly i want to do it. Making sure that no one knows about me. Wishing people would stop asking me "god what happend to your arms? were you in an accident"

IM SO ****ING TRIGGERED!!!
You're not alone in this, hun. I hope you can get through these particularly triggering moments by either talking to someone about your feelings (therapist, or a close friend/family member who won't judge you...I usually choose the therapist), or by just staying in another person's company so you can stay safe.
*Warm hugs* <3

Sorry I have nothing to add to the "inappropriate things to say" list at the moment...but I'm sure I will in the future...

"It's not a dream anymore. It's worth fighting for."

"Well, if it's not real you can't hold it in your hands
You can't feel it with your heart
And I won't believe it.
But if it's true
You can see it with your eyes
Oh, even in the dark
And that's where I want to be, yeah" - Paramore

silent_scars11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #600
silent_scars11

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyAnne View Post
Seriously happened..:

Dad, I have something to tell you..

What?

I... think I need help with something.. I cut myself.. I have been for a while.. and it is getting out of hand.. and I just want to stop.

Haha. You are an idiot. *walks away*

Thanks dad.. thanks for the help...
Although I feel bad for everyone who has to endure these kinds of comments, this one stood out as particularly painful to me. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You're obviously not an idiot - you're extremely brave. Way braver than I was when I let my parents find out. Congrats, you did the right thing; your dad handled it in a totally wrong way. <3

"It's not a dream anymore. It's worth fighting for."

"Well, if it's not real you can't hold it in your hands
You can't feel it with your heart
And I won't believe it.
But if it's true
You can see it with your eyes
Oh, even in the dark
And that's where I want to be, yeah" - Paramore

silent_scars11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)