RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #21
silentlyscreaming

I am currently:

Thank you for your reply... & i'm sorry to hear that all the posters have been through something as awful as this.

I'm kind of in contact with my local crisis centre & may ask them about somebody coming. I'm not sure what to do, i'm just so scared. It's so embarassing & i need somebody i know i can rely on to come with me because i'm just capable of going through that by myself.

Thank you all, you've been such an amazing help.

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live...

Old 05-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #22
Animad

Theres no need to be embarrassed about it. You were raped, it's not your fault and because of that you need to get checked out to make sure no damage was done and also that you have no STIs (as well as a pregnancy test).

The doctor won't judge you at all. The will be really understanding and you can ask someone else to go in with you, often a nurse or if you have any close friends/ family members that know then it could be them or anyone else. You can also request a female doctor which they will sort out if they have one. You do not have to tell the receptionist why you want an appointment either, if they ask just say that it's private; when I booked an appointment with my old doctors (unless it was an urgent one which they need to know what it's for to make sure it urgent and not just someone with a cold which can take away the place of someone that needs help straight away) they always used to ask what it was but as they asked it they said 'why do you want an appointment or is it private?' which I used to like as it meant you didn't feel pressred and if it was they went no further with it.

Just try and stay as calm and relaxed as possible abot it given the circmstances. I know it will be extremely hard but the more relaxed you are the easier it will be.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)