Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-07-2021, 01:08 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
111 and mh

So eventually 111 launched less than a month ago in my local health board area.

Has anyone actually called 111 regarding their mh? What happens? Are they a bit like psych liaison team in the hospital but without being actually in hospital? Or is it just staffed by mh nurses?

I am not currently in any mh distress but I would actually know what they do ooh that my cmht isn't available. My cmht havent given me any information about what they do mh wise. In fact they're crap as I have never given me any mh line ooh they just tell you to phone the samaritans/Wales specific helpline which as someone who struggles on the phone isn't an option. Also I am guessing that 111 staff would be medically trained rather than someone who isn't on a helpline. Sometimes i need to be told to take my prn as I am guessing that 111 would actually do rather than someone like the samaritans who can't because they're not medically trained.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 05-07-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without asking first as l find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:13 AM   #2
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

It’s essentially a general service for things that can’t wait until working hours. If you call with a mental health issue they direct to crisis team unless you specifically ask them not to. In that instance they ask a nurse or paramedic to contact you. Sometimes it’s pretty immediate, other times it’s a few hours. If you want to talk things through I’d recommend a local service or Samaritans. If you want PRN or are in an immediate crisis then 111 is a good shout. I’ve actually found them to be better than crisis team out of hours, but you do have to wait a while which obviously isn’t always manageable.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:15 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I’d also add that whilst they note it would be better if a MH nurse or trained paramedic contacted, this doesn’t tend to happen. It’s the paramedic or nurse who is available first.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 05-07-2021, 01:22 AM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks for the information Pomegranate. I am hoping they're more practical than a helpline. If I am in need of help i find i do better if I am offered practical help.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 05-07-2021, 01:31 AM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

What kind of practical help would you require? Might be worth having a think and discussing it with your CPN because they can put it on the central note system

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 05-07-2021, 01:36 AM   #6
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I am not sure because I am not in a mh crisis. Other than being told that it's ok to take my prn which I struggle with.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #7
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

I've called 111 and they have an option for if ur in crisis to talk someone from the mental health team. I personally find it takes so long to get thru as u go to a call centre them they put u thru to the local one to you.

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:29 PM   #8
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks dying angel. Hopefully I won't need to use them.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #9
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

My 111 option 2 sometimes goes straight to the local crisis team, sometimes to the local 111 mh team

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #10
GothicMoshi

I am currently:

Honestly it wildly depends on your area. Take it from someone that currently works for a 111, in my area we basically have to assess your risk and determine if we need to get an ambulance out to you and get you help. Or we sometimes can just pass you straight through to the Crisis team. Sometimes it's a GP call back. It depends on you, your symptoms and what's needed. I know I wouldn't call 111 until i can't get hold of any of the other options my GP has given me, but that's just because I know both what it's like to receive that call (most of us aren't medically trained, we're normal people with very basic training) and to need the help.

I honestly would recommend calling your local Crisis team direct if you have the number (it's usually googleable). Definitely much quicker then dialling 111 in most cases

GothicMoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
not_so_insig

I am currently:

The only crisis team we have is one that you have to referred to by your cc and even then they only work until 9 pm. You cant call them randomly. Never been given an ooh number they just tell you to phone an helpline or present at a&e if the cmht is closed. So although your suggestion is good I think that I am better off phoning 111. I tried Google but it didn't come up with any number for support ooh.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 26-07-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)