Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
Mihashi

I am currently:
Recording urges?

Okay, so last week my counselor told me to keep a log of what I'm feeling emotionally and physically whenever I've had an urge to SH.

The problem (aside from the fact that I'm almost 2 weeks clean, yay!) is that I can't really predict when I'll get an urge.

So then carry a book with me all the time, right?

I also don't want to be pulling it out in public and make it look like I'm trying to make a scene of things, so to speak. So... I'm a bit confused on what to do. Does anybody have any experience with this kind of thing? Should I keep a book with me at all times?

Mihashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
NitaGetFree
Need to start believing and breathing!

I am currently:

HI, I think it's great you are trying to do what the counselor thinks is good. I suggest a little notebook. They have sizes that fit in your pocket like a phone. If anyone asks what you are doing really you can be honest "I am making a note to myself." People do that all the time. Or if you have a phone start something on that. I believe most phones have a calendar so just record it there.
You can come up with little short cuts that way you can read it later and you will understand what it meant. If you need to put it in a bigger book where your writing is more complete it won't be so difficult.

NitaGetFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
NitaGetFree
Need to start believing and breathing!

I am currently:

Hey just wondering if things are working out okay. I hope you were able to come up with a solution that works for you.

NitaGetFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
MyLastKiss

I am currently:

I have, my shrink asked me also to record the urgy-moments. I kept it in mind and wrote it down afterwards. Didn't have a smart phone then, but if you have one probably it is easiest to write on it.
The results of my research was that I was most urgy when I was bored, waiting for the bus etc., when nothing happened.'How about yours, Mihashi

MyLastKiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)