RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Celticroots

I am currently:
She's worried I'll start again

My Mom asked me about my SI yesterday, how I was doing with it. Since she is supportive, I feel the need to be honest with her. I told her that the last time I'd harmed was January (although I harmed in the last few days of February.)

Mom said that if I come back to live with her, she is worried that I'll start harming again. When I lived with her, cutting was my main method. But after she took my first aid stuff away, I moved onto bruising myself. It's kind of a long story. I am doing really well on my own and Mom doesn't doubt that I can't take care of myself. I'd be staying with her if we decide to move.

I don't know why she'd feel that way. But it makes me feel bad. My mom and I get along really well and I love her. I am thankful that she is supportive and I make it a point to let her know that I appreciate it.

I don't know. Talking about my SI never ceases to be awkward.

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

maybe she is concerned more about the move than the staying with her part?

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there.

It's really good your mother is supportive of you.

I think it's probably more of the case of...when people move back into a situation like they were in the past they often regress to the people they were back then. Maybe she's worried that might happen and cause the SH to start again like before? For example; when I visit my parents who I haven't lived with for nearly six years I often go back to expecting them to do stuff for me etc whereas at home I'd do it myself. I regress back to the teenager I was when I was living with them.

Take care.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)