RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #61
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

How do I know what is real?

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #62
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

it's there i guess. i'm not sure what you mean exactly

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #63
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Sorry, I'm stupid. I've got so much going on in my head and it seems as though others are telling me things. What do you mean by "it's there, I guess". Is it possible for your mind ot be controlled by someone else? I feel as though I stopped fighting a little. Small gap led to them/him taking over. Sorry, pathetic. Should die bitch, die - me, not you.

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

Old 14-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #64
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

you're not stupid. it's okay to have stuff going on in your head! it's normal when you're feeling like this!

i mean... you can see it, feel it, experience it....

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Old 14-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #65
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Thanks Jess. I tried to tell them a few weeks ago about Leroy and they didn't seem to believe me. No-one knows about the other(s) in my head. I've been weak and given them a foothold in my head and don't kno how ot get them out. Any ideas?

Old 14-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #66
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

i don't know... i get voices but they don't have names... and they come and go depending on how tired i am. So i don't know. Sorry dear :(

- Dr. Seuss

Old 14-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #67
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Thanks Jess for the reassurance. It feels as though I am not able to fight them as much or ignore them as much these days. My psych hates me and thinks I am an attention seeking freak so have kept them to myself but am struggling over control with them at the moment. Tiredness definitely has a part to play re my ability to fight them. What do you do? They are distracting me and it is 12:50 (past midnight here) and I have to be at work early tomorro morning. Tips very welcome!

Old 14-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #68
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

I watch tele with it loud enough to drown them out, listen to my ipod, read. and i count.... just all over the place. It drives them bonkers! *nods* i would suggest getting a new pysch too!!!

- Dr. Seuss

Old 14-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #69
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Tried all the drowning out stuff - thanks! I'm not ill as such as I know the voices are within myself (except when recently being visited by Leroy at night) but it doesn't stop them being any less frustrating or scary. Thought about asking for new psych as we have a little bit of a history but then reckon they will think it is just me being silly as she is the one who has the qualifications, etc.

Old 14-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #70
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

Hopefully if you keep trying, it will work. you'll get psat it honey!

I think you should ask. The worst they can say is no. but if you don't like yoru therapist then no matter how good they are it's not going to work. If they know anything they'll understad that and should let you change.

- Dr. Seuss

Old 20-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #71
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Thanks again Jess for replying to my rants. Don't worry, you don't need to reply to this as it doesn't say anything. Just felt the need to be here tonight. Sorry, I'm so rubbish and unhelpful at the moment. I'm drained, constantly fighting and tired of it. I'm just...

Old 20-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #72
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

*cuddles* i hear what you aren't saying sweetie. *hugs lots* i'm here if you need to talk

- Dr. Seuss

Old 20-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #73
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

I'm sorry, I didn't check in until now. I understand too. To me, the voices are my illness and my insecurities.

If you are not getting along with your therapist, it is fine to find another!

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #74
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

My CPN yesterday asked for my permission to approach a Psychotherapy service outside my area as there is a 2 year wait in mine. I said yes but not sure how/if it will help. It feels as though I am being weak and giving in - acknowledging that I can't fight things and that the things that I was determined to brush aside and not let affect me have. If that makes sense?

Anyway, on a better note, I had a full night's sleep last night for the first time in ages. I knew the exhaustion of being so busy at work would have to take effect some time. Isn't amazing how sleep can pick your mood up to another level. I'm not shouting from the rooftops or anything but it feels good not to be absolutely shattered this morning.

Hope you have all had a restful night and if you haven't please take heart from the fact that I have rarely had a night like that in the past year or so and so it is still also possible for you.

Old 23-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #75
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

It's much easier not to get help... so if you said yes that's a strength. It's always less effort to fight and give up. So yo should be proud of yourself for saying yes. *hugs*

I'm glad you've had a lovely night and that things are a bit better. :) *hugs*

- Dr. Seuss

Old 24-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #76
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Hey

Anyone round to chat?

Feeling incredibly angry and tense. Need to cut. There's no reason. I;ve slept well for first time in ages, should be feeling good. I'm fighting the impulses, help.

Old 24-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #77
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

I'm about honey, pm me if you'd like :)

- Dr. Seuss

Old 24-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #78
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

I was just checking in. I'll be around for a bit though.

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #79
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Hey thanks you two!

Why is it that only Jess and Susan reply?

Maybe I really am useless and unloved.

Old 26-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #80
Casper_Fading

I am currently:

No. Don't ever fall into the trap of thinking that if only one or two people are replying that people dont' care. It's more likely that people don't know what to say and feel that they would be doing you a disservice by making soemthing up. okay? *hugs* at least you have people replying at all!

*pets lots*

- Dr. Seuss

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)