RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #1
Koala hugs

I am currently:
Totally hyper

Totally hyper to the extent I can't sleep. Slept 14hrs last night tho so mayb I don't need sleep tonight dunno what to do with myself tho housework is all done and everything keep thinking that I can do anything and that I could do a four hr train to London wen I only live in a small town and that despite a phobia of trains it'll b fine I can do it the world is my oyster ill b fine on the underground and I will somehow pay for hotel rooms for me and a friend two rooms two nights all on benifits keep arguing with myself in my head over it but really want to see Dr who muesium in London and the aquarium up there mi mind is racing away thinking about it all I can do anything

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey, it does sound like your mood is pretty high. How have things been today and yesterday since you posted this?

It sounds like part of you is aware that you might struggle to sort out a hotel so I hope you can hold onto that logic and not make any decisions impulsively.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Hey thanks for the reply I am really tired today had three or four days of being high or whatever n now I'm feeing rubbish think I'm coming down with a cold too am fine with the flu I have less symptoms and basically go hyper with the flu but colds I don't cope as well with which even I think is weird. I am weird tho and so tired apparently there r cheaper hotels about so that's something and I'm not talking five star luxury just a travelodge or Premier Inn if I just pay for mine instead of paying my friends too I think I can afford it particularly if I save up

Old 30-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Have you ever had any professional input for your fluctuating moods?

I guess if you're saving up, that gives you time to make sure you definitely want to spend your money on the trip and that it's not just a fleeting thing related to high mood.

Old 31-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Yeah kind of had help for it in the past not for the highs but for the moodswings in general and for the lows. Been wanting to go for ages just didn't believe I could do it

Old 01-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Gone hyper again plus side I've been on an exercise machine I have at home feel quite proud of myself

Old 02-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #7
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Maybe it would be worth speaking to someone about these highs as well then. Do you live with anyone? If so, it might be helpful to let them know what's going for you moodwise and perhaps they can help with grounding and challenging you before you make any impulsive purchases or decisions!

Old 03-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #8
Koala hugs

I am currently:

I live alone but I am OK with mentioning it too my gp it's on the list for the gp s apt

Old 03-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #9
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Good, I'm glad it's on the list to talk about with your GP.

Obviously I'm not a doctor so I'm not saying that you have hypomania or anything but you might find this link helpful as it has some ideas for managing episodes of high mood (starting on page 13): https://www.mind.org.uk/media/488570...mania-2016.pdf

Old 03-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #10
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

The link above poster mentioned might help with the impulse control etc when you’re hyper. Same advice would apply to EUPD diagnosis etc as well. Have you ever spoken to anybody about help managing emotions and ways to manage your harmful behaviours?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thanks guys have read the pdf it was helpful. Yeah I have spoken about managing my emotions better in the past. Haven't spoken as much about behaviour except with a friend

Old 04-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #12
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Gp visit went well but I have to go back on my meds so took them today

Old 04-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #13
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I'm glad that the appointment went well. Even if you're not super happy about the medication do you understand the reasons for continuing to take it?

Old 05-09-2019, 12:20 AM   #14
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Yeah I do get why I have to take it. I am back on them already

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)