RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:
ADHD

I've recently been being assessed for ADHD and it really feels like the right diagnosis for me.

I have been well with my mental health for over 3 years now.
I moved to Denmark (from the UK) 20 months ago. It has been a good experience for me because I was able to be assessed by professionals with no preconceptions of me.
I was diagnosed a year ago with a hereditary blood disease, (that I have had symptoms of for years but I was always told were mental health symptoms) and now with the possible ADHD diagnosis I really feel like all the depression, psychosis, mania, self harm, anxiety and very chaotic thoughts make so much more sense to me.

The purpose of this post is to ask if anyone else with ADHD when through lots of diagnosis' before being diagnosed with ADHD?
Also the drugs for ADHD scare me quite a lot, are there other options than drugs?

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
sazybel
Me and my little black raincloud

I am currently:

Hi

I was diagnosed with ADD last year after years of dealing with mental health services on and off.

I think there are 2 or 3 types of drugs available if you don’t like the idea of Ritalin related ones.

Alternatively there’s lots of information around on what people think helps them in terms of diet and setting routines. There are websites around like additude that have a few articles and videos like howtoadhd on YouTube.

��

sazybel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what bthe none ritalin drugs are.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 10:42 PM   #4
HopeRises

I haven't been officially diagnosed but I was half diagnosed by an education psychologist when I was 17 years old, so nearly 15 years ago. The ADHD diagnosis is the one that really sits with me and the more knowledge I gain the more I feel it fits. It takes too long in the UK to get diagnosed though, I have heard of people waiting 2 years and can't afford to go private and don't particularly want the meds.

I hear it is very common to get diagnosed with mh (for example I'm diagnosed bipolar type 2) when it is actually adhd/add and that is really quiet bad.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
Isoverity

I am currently:

You can Google ADHD and probiotics and see some interesting thing. I've heard from doctors who use probiotics before anythings else.

That reminds me that a recent study found potential links between "gut flora" and depression. Probiotics are needed to synthesis all sorts of things

Gut bacteria may have impact on mental health, study says

Research opens door to possible treatments for depression based on probiotics

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...pression-study

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)