Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #181
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Machine View Post
I dont normally do this but... Could somebody pray for me? I'm seeing my psychiatrist in two days and I am so scared. I need courage to tell him about what'd been going on (I have a difficulty with communication).
Done. : )

*hugs*

I hope it goes ok and that you have the strength to be honest.

keep us updated.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #182
Strict Machine
Fragile Little Me

I am currently:

Thank you so much for your fast response :)
I feel so much safer when I remember everything is in God's hands.

Strict Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #183
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

that is fine.

You are in my prayers, good luck.

And i know what you mean, it's like a weight has gone and you have this feeling that everything will be ok. And it will.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 12-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #184
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

The Churhc where my friends band play are starting a group for girls 3 sundays a month in the evenings and on the tother sunday is when my mates band play.

Well i am really excited and I hope that this is going to allow me to get closer to God again after everything that has happened/ is happening.

Sorry just really needed to share this with someone : )

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 13-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #185
Strict Machine
Fragile Little Me

I am currently:

:) Dont be sorry for sharing. That's really great news! I hope it will go well for you, I'm sure it will be just what you need. Yay! :)

Strict Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #186
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Hey everyone.
Good luck Absi & Strict Machine

there is something somewhere in the bible about homosexuality being a sin... I'll find it later

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #187
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

The Bible is a great book and everything, but I think there is more to what God has in mind than just the Bible. What he thinks about everything is far too complicated for us to understand. Therefore, I always say: everything was made for a purpose. Even homosexuals. And the Bible isn't always right, cause we cannot possibly know what God had in mind. At least not for sure. The only thing I'm sure about is His love.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #188
TheCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
there is something somewhere in the bible about homosexuality being a sin... I'll find it later

Leviticus 21 v 13

'It is disgusting for men to have sex with one another, and those who do will be put to death, just as they deserve.'

How nice >.<

Last edited by TheCon : 13-11-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 13-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #189
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

lol, thank God he doesn't punish us in that way anymore.

I believe that god wants us to be man and woman, but homosexuality is no bigger sin than cheating etc. Sin is sin, and jesus came to forgive us for it. We just need to accept that. I've been in love with the same sex, but I don't practice anymore. So yes, in one sense I'm bi, but I chose not to seek it out. Probably everyone has homosexual urges and God wont randomly smite us for it. It's what the new testament is about! Read it :P

small light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #190
TheCon

I don't understand why gay people are meant to ask for forgiveness. They have been born that way and surely all they want to do is love. I don't understand why when love is so encouraged throughout the bible, it is condemned when it is homosexual love. I don't understand why it is a 'sin' and why in the OT it was taught that homosexuals should be killed, the harshness of that verse really shocked me.

Old 13-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #191
Black and blue
Black and blue

I am currently:
Hi

I'm 21, was born again when I was around 17. I started SI when I was around 14, and stopped when I was....19 I think. And then I started again on the 28th of October. I don't know why. My church is my family, I love God. No one here knows that I've started again.

Black and blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #192
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

*hugs black and blue*

I'm sorry about that hun. God is still with you and loves you.

I'm always here for you anytime. My PM's aer always open.

*hugs you*

welcome to the thread : )

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 13-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #193
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Also Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Girl View Post
The Bible is a great book and everything, but I think there is more to what God has in mind than just the Bible. What he thinks about everything is far too complicated for us to understand. Therefore, I always say: everything was made for a purpose. Even homosexuals. And the Bible isn't always right, cause we cannot possibly know what God had in mind. At least not for sure. The only thing I'm sure about is His love.
Hmmm, sorry but I'll have to strongly disagree. I'm sure that if you are a Christian you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. So it can't possibly be wrong. End of story.
I agree that God's thoughts are far too complicated for us to understand, but He gave us the Bible as a guidebook, we may not always understand every bit of it, but much of it is fairly clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCon View Post
I don't understand why gay people are meant to ask for forgiveness. They have been born that way and surely all they want to do is love. I don't understand why when love is so encouraged throughout the bible, it is condemned when it is homosexual love. I don't understand why it is a 'sin' and why in the OT it was taught that homosexuals should be killed, the harshness of that verse really shocked me.
People are not created homosexual... God strictly condemns homosexuality, so He would not create someone to be homosexual. Homosexuality is a decision, whether it be conscious or unconscious.
Sin causes unnatural feelings within us, only by staying close to God on a daily basis can we overcome the temptations that constantly face us.

August 2, 2007

Old 13-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #194
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Welcome Black and Blue.

That's rough... Will certainly keep you in my prayers

August 2, 2007

Old 13-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #195
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

Quote:
People are not created homosexual... God strictly condemns homosexuality, so He would not create someone to be homosexual. Homosexuality is a decision, whether it be conscious or unconscious.
Sin causes unnatural feelings within us, only by staying close to God on a daily basis can we overcome the temptations that constantly face us.
I'm sorry?
The majority of homosexuals will tell you that homosexuality is not a decision.
Why would someone choose to be homosexual? Put up with the bullying, the fear of rejection from your family, the discrimination, the losing friends.
It's utterly absurd to think someone would choose that way of life.
The fact you believe that shows your naivety.

Edit: Saying that, i have no intention of hi-jacking your thread. That post just made me angry =]
The gays have their thread, the christians have this one.

Last edited by BeautyFiend : 13-11-2007 at 11:48 PM.

BeautyFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #196
TheCon

Quote:
Also Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin"

I never chose to be gay. I was a christian and tried to suppress my feelings, i MADE myself go out with boys, i was pretty slutty tbf, because i was silly enough to think that liking women was wrong. I tore myself apart, and it's part of the reason i self harmed. If it was a decision i would of just been able to like men but i couldn't, i was born this way.
Unnatural feelings? Love is not an unnatural feeling.

Old 13-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #197
small light
=GodBless=

I am currently:

The Con, I believe your feelings are love. I believe you have always been attracted to women. But please remember what God has said in the bible.
The old testament was very very harsh, but that was how the world HAD to be before jesus came. If God set us a rule and we broke it, we were punished. God no longer has to punish us in this way - he will accept us even though we sin. And everyone DOES sin.
If God sets a rule, then we don't break it. God told us not to sleep with our brother or sister - so we don't. God told us not to sleep with the same sex - so we don't. This doesn't mean you are forced to go out with some random guys (and I'm sorry you felt you had to do that) or that he doesn't love you for being in love with a woman. I just believe he wants us to seek him in all things, even love.

small light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #198
TheCon

Your open mindedness is nice and refreshing, so thank you =]
I just don't understand why i should be apologising for loving another woman and i don't see why men should apologise to god for loving another man. I don't understand why it is a 'sin'.
Also, i appreciate your concern for me but i am no longer a christian, i'm an atheist, i was merely interested in all of your opinions on this.

Old 14-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #199
Black and blue
Black and blue

I am currently:

Thankyou Salanna and Absi, its good to know I can talk to other people about it, I feel very alone and isolated sometimes at the moment

Black and blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #200
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

The whole homosexuality thing is the reason I don't believe in God any more. Not that I really did to start with.

I echo what Nat said on the last page.

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)