Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
cough cough

I am currently:
Does having social services input help with ESA decisions?

Do you have SS input and has it helped you get ESA?

cough cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

I don't know if it's the same, but my care coordinator wrote something to support my claim for ESA.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
cough cough

I am currently:

Thank you Cacoethes. Was your claim successful?

Old 24-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

Yes, having a supporting letter from someone in your care team really helps!

I don't actually think my care co had to write a letter in the end, I just had to put her info down on the form so they could contact her if they needed to.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

My cpn didn't write me a letter either, but I had her name on the form along with the last date I saw her.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
whirlpools

I recently did an esa form and had my cpn's help doing it. I put his name and info down. He said being under the cmht is usually a sign of (it sounds awful) severe and enduring mental health issues so being under the cmht is usually good for esa outcomes. I don't know if it's the same with ss but it can't hurt.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

I didnt have a cpn or sw and wasnt using services but still got awarded esa.

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Becca

I am currently:

I think it varies a lot with where you are. In some areas the assessments are done by people with some kind of MH training. But in others, like mine, it is done by people with no MH training and a lot of people are turned down and have to reapply. My SW had people he had been seeing for over 20 years who were refused and put on JSA despite him helping them for that time and having care.

Hopefully you will be lucky and be assessed by people who are more understanding!!

I do have ESA, I've posted about that elsewhere, but not on MH grounds.

Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
iwantout

I am currently:

I keep seeing this acronym: ESA

No idea what it is and no one's saying, so I googled it. Which of these possibles indicates the way it's being used on this forum?:

European Space Agency
Entertainment Software Association
Ecological Society of America
Electronic Security Association
Eastern Surfing Association
Endangered Species Act
Energy Services of America
Employment Standards Administration
Energy Storage Association
Economics and Statistics Administration

So basically, if you use acronyms that don't appear on the first five pages of a google search in the way/meaning that you intended, can your first post just say what the acronym means? I get frustrated with stuff like this. What's ESA on this site?

Please don't click on 'hugs.' You can't hug over the internet, and attempts to do so are extremely patronizing. The only thing you can do on a computer is type and play games.

iwantout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #10
Ktulu

I am currently:

Employment and Support Allowance, only thing ive ever known ESA to be, and im not even from the UK. Right here on page one :) http://www.google.ie/search?q=esa+uk...&client=safari

Be kind - everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

When I was poorly and the cmht were refusing to take my GPs referrals I ended up needing to appeal the ESA decision. I agree with whoever above said that being under CMHT is in itself a supporting factor to suggest you are having severe and/or enduring mental health problems. I believe that not being under the CMHT even though I explained why [I had been discharged because I had BPD and according to my ******** consultant PDs are not within their remit, so I was 'lucky' they ever took a referral]. I even sent my discharge letter to show they had nothing to offer me, but that I was diagnosed and they did consider out of county outpatient care, but nowhere local enough to travel would take an outpatient case.

Just put your CPN's name and contact details and tell your care co/CPN you have done this so if they get any correspondance you can go through what you want them to tell DWP. Often CPNs/care-co's will be keen to help; if you didnt get the benefit and thus had increased stress they'd be the one having to try and deal with the fall-out, put crudely.

Social services would be similar, often people under SS have social care needs that relate to illness. A social worker's job is to help people claim the right benefits.

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
iwantout

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Employment and Support Allowance, only thing ive ever known ESA to be, and im not even from the UK. Right here on page one :) http://www.google.ie/search?q=esa+uk...&client=safari
Okay, it's a UK term. That's why I wouldn't be familiar with it.

And it's not on page one. I didn't search under 'esa uk' as you did. I searched for the acronym I was seeing, which was just 'esa.' At page five, I still hadn't seen anything like the term 'employment and support allowance.'

Please don't click on 'hugs.' You can't hug over the internet, and attempts to do so are extremely patronizing. The only thing you can do on a computer is type and play games.

iwantout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #13
cough cough

I am currently:

Well my social worker sent my employment support allowance claim back last July and still haven't hear anything, still being paid incapacity benefit.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)