Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-01-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
FindRecovery
Hi, I'm Cover :)

I am currently:
I'm so confused. Anorexic or bulimic?

Good evening! Okay, so I was diagnosed with anorexia, but for the past two weeks I've completely switched over to the other end of the spectrum - I've literally just been on this binge/purge spree! Anything I eat, I end up throwing up again. Or I'll plan binges when no one is home and do the same thing. I hate it so much because it's making me look all bloated and gross, but I literally just can't stop. It's like I HAVE to get rid of it once it passes my lips. Or I HAVE to stuff myself until it causes physical pain and then get rid of it all again. I don't feel any emotions, it's like I'm just on autopilot. I try to not eat because I'm tired of throwing up, but then I get so freaking hungry that I have to. It's so weird, I've never gone through this before. I don't know what caused it! Can any of you help? :( x

"We held hands when we walked down the gingerbread path into the forest, blood dripping from our fingers. We danced with witches and kissed monsters. We turned us into wintergirls, and when she tried to leave, I pulled her back into the snow because I was afraid to be alone."

FindRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 18-01-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

Hiya, that must be really confusing. I think it's quite interesting that you've said you don't know what's caused it, do you not think there has been any differences in your thought processes since this has started?

A lot of what you mentioned is obviously things that come under criteria for diagnosis of bulimia. However, I think its important to remember that diagnosis is not everything, an issue is an issue regardless of what it has been labelled as. I don't think many mental health related issues are quite as straightforward as suffering one or the other, that simply being the nature of mental health. Although eating disorders in particular seem to have really quite stringent criteria, I don't think its quite as much as one or the other as it can seem when reading diagnostic criteria, and after all, there is the likes of EDNOS, which is just as much an issue as the more "defined" eating disorders.

Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.

Sentient Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Heartbreak Kid
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

I am currently:

Can I ask you why it is so important for you to have a diagnosis? Do you think how you feel would change depending on which one it would be?

Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know

Heartbreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

There are two types of anorexia, restrictive subtype and binge/purge subtype. So its entirely possible to be anorexic and have the behaviours that are usually classed as bulimic.

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
FindRecovery
Hi, I'm Cover :)

I am currently:

It's not so much the label as it is the security in knowing EXACTLY what it is I have, if that makes sense, ImpossibleGirl. I don't like general stuff, I like to know details and have that exactness. Weird, I know.. Thank you Manda! That helps a lot:)

"We held hands when we walked down the gingerbread path into the forest, blood dripping from our fingers. We danced with witches and kissed monsters. We turned us into wintergirls, and when she tried to leave, I pulled her back into the snow because I was afraid to be alone."

FindRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)