Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Between Two Lungs
And exhale.

I am currently:
Eating Disorder - What's happening?

So I don't really know what to do. I haven't eaten for x hours, which I could do pre-recovery but haven't fasted like this for a few months. I wonder if I'm in ketosis but I'm not sure? I'm feeling weak, my vision is somewhat blurry, I'm very tired but not sleeping tonight, and I also feel like things are slowed down - like, it's taking longer for me to think/do/process things. I'm hoping I wake up feeling better, but if I don't - do I eat something, or seek medical attention? Any ideas what could be going on?

The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn't want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.
Elizabeth Gilbert

One Hug Given By:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

You need to eat something.
If you seek medical attention they'll say the same and possibly put you on an iv/drip depending if they think you need it.
What's going on is obvious,youve said it yourself, you havent eaten and therefore feel physically bad.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

All of those symptoms sound related to restricting your intake. Eating something substantial should help, but regular eating is best. You'll need carbohydrates in order to sleep.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
Crazy Cat Lady

I am currently:

When you don't nourish your body, it causes a variety of different health complications; both short term and long term.

Please try and have something to eat; ideally something with a little sugar. Having low blood sugar levels can make you feel extremely poorly and can be fatal if it goes too low.

You can't survive without food. I know it's extremely hard to eat as I also battle with an eating disorder but you will only feel more and more poorly until you give you're body some nutrition.

I hope you feel a little better soon.

X

Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
Between Two Lungs
And exhale.

I am currently:

Thanks all. What you've said is common sense really, I know that, I'm just really struggling to eat at all, and I guess last night I just panicked because I'd never felt like that. I've managed some milk and a little bit of syrup/topping today, hopefully I can build on this. No surprise I'm still unwell, but it did help and I don't feel as ill. I'm trying to find 'safe' liquids so I can build back up to food. Thanks again.

The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn't want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.
Elizabeth Gilbert

Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
Epicene

I am currently:

If you are struggling with your fluid intake too, things will get serious very quickly. Please make sure to drink enough water if nothing else.

Can you drink juice at all? This would help in terms of vitamins and energy. Diluting it with water might make it less anxiety provoking. How are you with liquid foods like soup?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)