Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
angel of despair

I am currently:
Question for vegetarians

I was wondering if there was any circumstances that would make you start eating meat? I recently found out i have a vitamin defficiancy from being vegetarian, iv always said if my veggieness effected my health id start eating meat again but now im actually faced with it I have to say I was wrong i dont think anything could get me to eat meat again. Soo do you think their are certain cercumstances when a vegetarian should eat meat again?

lol sorry for the random question i was curious to what others would do.

angel of despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Daryl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel of despair View Post
I was wondering if there was any circumstances that would make you start eating meat? I recently found out i have a vitamin defficiancy from being vegetarian, iv always said if my veggieness effected my health id start eating meat again but now im actually faced with it I have to say I was wrong i dont think anything could get me to eat meat again. Soo do you think their are certain cercumstances when a vegetarian should eat meat again?

Being a vegetable must be rather dull in terms of eating

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Daryl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobidrawpictures View Post
No, its really not. As long as you can cook and like to experiment.

I fail :P

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I think there are quite a few people who have periods of time where they're veggie, then start eating fish/chicken/whatever for a while, then go back to being veggie again.

I personally can't ever see a time where I'd start eating meat again, if my health were to suffer I'd do my utmost to find veggie friendly ways to solve any issues. I don't ever wish to not be vegetarian, but that's just me and everyone is different (:

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

I was a vegetarian for several years (pre-ED!), and then developed anorexia, and because of allergies and fussiness, it was going to be so much easier to recover if I ate meat so I did. I don't really feel guilty, because recovery was/is very important to me. We still don't really eat a lot of meat at home, but it just helps to have more choices when out, and to be able to cook an occasional roast dinner with real chicken and such. I didn't plan to give up vegetarianism for this long but I'm only just weight-recovered, and want to give myself time to work on trying to get to something that vaguely resembles a balanced diet before trying to go back to being vegetarian.

Hope that helps a bit!

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Why don't you just take supplements instead of eating animals?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel of despair View Post

Have you tried supliments and such? tbh, there's nothing you get from meat that you can't get from other sources, such as a good mix of vegtables and fruit, meat replacments (such as quorn and tofu), nuts, seeds, pulses and so on.

And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare.

There she was. Gone.

Petrichor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

I've been vegetarian all my life, and I don't think I could start eating meat. There was a time a couple of years ago when I was in uni and I was sick of the canteen veggie food being ****, and I thought I would start eating meat, but I really don't think I could.

As has been mentioned, if health reasons came into it, I though I would take supplements, and such as the idea of eating meat myself makes me feel very sick!

OneForSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Flem Fatale
Leo Pard?

I am currently:

I needed the protein to heal my broken legs.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Flem Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
lottybear

I have been a vegetarian for 14 years I think if I was faced with your dilemma I don't think I could eat meat. I get prescribed tablets that had gelatine in and I refused them. Can you not try vitamin supplements
Lotty

lottybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Tessar

I am currently:

I haven't eaten meat in 20 years. I a,ways read what's I. Stuff as I don't want to eat anything that comes from an animal. I didn't give it up for any principles but just didn't like the idea of eating flesh or parts of animals it just seemed a horrible idea.
First time. Was prescribed fluoxetine I took the liquid form to avoid gelatine in the capsules. But then the sugar content in the liquid became a problem. So next time I was in it I just had the capsules and have ever since. For some time I refused any medicine with gelatine I but now I am more easy going.
I don't ever want to eat meat again unless I suppose it was life or death but I would absolutely hate the idea. Quorn products, a healthy amount of fruit & veg (plus multi vitamins) do me ok. I have been diagnosed as anaemic a few times but that was not diet related.
Oh I feed my cat with food that contains meat but I suppose that doesn't reall count in this sense.

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
Have you tried supliments and such? tbh, there's nothing you get from meat that you can't get from other sources, such as a good mix of vegtables and fruit, meat replacments (such as quorn and tofu), nuts, seeds, pulses and so on.
^This.

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
angel of despair

I am currently:

Yeah I will probally take some sort of suppliment for it depending on what the doc suggests. I was just curious to if there was anything that would make veggies start eating meat again.

angel of despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
lottybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I haven't eaten meat in 20 years. I a,ways read what's I. Stuff as I don't want to eat anything that comes from an animal. I didn't give it up for any principles but just didn't like the idea of eating flesh or parts of animals it just seemed a horrible idea.
First time. Was prescribed fluoxetine I took the liquid form to avoid gelatine in the capsules. But then the sugar content in the liquid became a problem. So next time I was in it I just had the capsules and have ever since. For some time I refused any medicine with gelatine I but now I am more easy going.
I don't ever want to eat meat again unless I suppose it was life or death but I would absolutely hate the idea. Quorn products, a healthy amount of fruit & veg (plus multi vitamins) do me ok. I have been diagnosed as anaemic a few times but that was not diet related.
Oh I feed my cat with food that contains meat but I suppose that doesn't reall count in this sense.
Lol how strange I'm on the liquid for of Prozac to mines called prozep my gp goes mad as it's really expensive to prescribe

lottybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
Laura2.0

Hi,
I've been a Vegetarian for 12 years and I originally started to be one, because I didn't like the taste of meat anyway. Then I thought about how animals are treated that are held to produce meat, and I was disgusted. I decided that I don't want to eat animals that were born only to die so a human could eat it. I have chicken and I have them, because I like them and because of the eggs. They also eat all the food we would throw away, like old lunch sandwiches that noone wants to eat anymore. When we had chicklets there were 3 roosters and we made the experience that they start to kill each other, they can't live in a community it seems. So we killed 2 of them and kept the one that was tame.
I thought I could eat them, because we always treat our animals in a good way. So I tried the meat and still didn't like it.

If I had a deficiency of any Vitamins I would probably use Supplements, and I would search the internet for Information of things that I can eat who contain the thing I lack. Sometimes there are combinations of foods that help your body to absorb stuff.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
Tessar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottybear View Post
Lol how strange I'm on the liquid for of Prozac to mines called prozep my gp goes mad as it's really expensive to prescribe
I had one lot one called "prozit" I really didn't like the sound of that!

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Stellata

I was a strict veggie for 9 years when I was heavily into the whole thing of yoga. Then, one day I thought, I'd like some fish, let's give it a try, if I don't throw up then let's try it more often. I was ok, and I am now what I call a 'flexible vegetarian'! As in, I eat a basically veggie diet, but will eat white meat or fish occasionally, maybe a couple of times a week. Though I could live without. I think it was mainly a total feeling of weakness when I was at my lowest both with depression and food restriction and I felt my body needed something more.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
~Lost Soul~
You see but you do not observe

I am currently:

I've been a strict vegetarian for most of my life. I do have health issues that might benefit from me eating meat but I refuse. I love animals with a passion and meat just disgusts me.

"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike." - Albus Dumbledore

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/SonicFanGirl1/sdfghjkl.png

~Lost Soul~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #19
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I was veggie but have no willpower and love meat, so :)

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

[''There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'I wish I was the monster you think I am.'

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #20
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I wonder if the digestive system might struggle at all with processing meat when it's not been used to meat? Or would that not really be an issue?

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)