Sometimes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #302
Acrasia

Good.

Old 13-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #303
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Well now that's sorted - Chels, what did you mean, sorry? I mean, do you like or not like the new labels because of that, or were you explaining the preference of behaviour over disorder?

xxx

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #304
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

I read through the whole thread (good revision distraction) though I could have missed something so forgive me.

I like the idea of having labels that are labels rather than trigger things. I don't really get the trigger system and tbf if you're posting in the SI board you should expect talk of SI, and in my opinion if you're really on edge and going to be easily triggered by words like blood or cut then you're not in a good place to give help so maybe reading through threads isn't the best idea.

I like Crumple's (Fi?) list of labels, and the behaviour oriented ones for the ED board. The current labels are a big vague, I never know whether I'm midly or severely triggering and whether I should label or not, and behaviour ones would be much easier to use for those undecided or in denial.

Yep, I basically repeated what's already been said ;)
I'm just agreeing.

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #305
Doesnt_matter
Judith

I must admit that I haven't read more than the first few posts, so sorry if I repeat something or if I missed the direction of where the discussion has been going.

From other similar discussions here, I now I am not the only one who tends to read threads with trigger warnings more than threads without warnings.
(Especially when it comes to the picture board .)

Perhaps it's because I want to trigger myself OR because I feel like the thread is more serious and needs more help.
So, there is a danger that you don't get much answers if you don't put a trigger warning or even several warnings in the title line.
I guess that this could explain why many people put trigger warnings to even harmless threads.
You could call it yearning for attention OR to be nicer: cry for help.
I sometimes feel like I have to put a trigger warning to my thread because otherwise my thread won't be read and even more won't get any answers .

Although I find it a bit ridiculous that you have to write "tools" instead of razorblades or knives- especially in the FA board where this information might be important, I have to say that I know some boards that are muuuch stricter than RYL because you have to splash (?) words like r*z*r, bl**d and even h*rmless (because there's harm hidden in the word ) - which is really strange and ridiculous in my opinion.
If you are triggered that easy, better don't leave the house and don't watch any TV or movies and don't read anything because there might be some triggers.

BUUUT I am for an exception: You should not be allowed to write about SI and SH methods which are not "common" because that definatelly is tipsharing but who is there to decide what a common and a special method is?

Oh, what I find important, too, is that the trigger warnings are just for the most "common" things people get triggered by.
Speaking for myself, I don't get that triggered by SI and ED triggers but threads concerning friendship issues trigger or being able or being not able to work often trigger me like ****.
Other people might be triggered by e.g. threads about pets because their dog died some days before.
Do you understand what I like to say?
Of course, I understand that there are trigger labels like SI, ED, SA and so on but in my opinion isn't as helpful as it may seem because everyone is an individual with its own triggers.

Puh, that are my thoughts about this topic and I hope that I didn't miss the discussion completely.

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)

Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)